Who hurr is INTO 2Pac?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I think the suburbs are definitely feeling Tupac.

And the suburbanites who aren't feeling Tupac are just racist.

This shit better make it to five pages by the time I leave work today.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Shit he's legendary

I've been listening to a lot of Pac lately, no where near as bad as his detractors say tho I am anti-messianic for the most part and agree w/ james that there is a CERTAIN KIND OF FAN that can grate w/ superserious earnestness but on soulstrut if i had to pick sides i would definitely be pro-Pac

and his later stuff > his earlier stuff

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

You're just chomping at the bit

It's "champing" and not "chomping."

Carry on.

• You're just chomping at the bit

Carry on.

I think that one is lost in time...people have been saying it wrong for so long that the malapropism has become the idiomatic.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Carry on.

I think that one is lost in time...people have been saying it wrong for so long that the malapropism has become the idiomatic.

Yeah...it's like the misuse of "myriad" as a noun instead of an adjective.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Carry on.

It's Amerikkka, not America.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Carry on.

Only for the ignorant

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Remember those T-shirts that said "It's a Black Thing, you wouldn't understand"?

They were talking about 2Pac.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you don't like 2pac you don't like rap

karaoke joint i was at on friday had 2pac listed as "two pac"

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    anyway
    i met pac and smoked a blunt with him and some other people in his "crew" at a NYC studio in and or around 94
    for the 15 minutes i was around him I found him very funny and socially charismatic[as one would expect]
    he was relaxed ,cracking constant jokes and being a total clon

whoopee
    i can say the same thing about a lot of "stars"/"wrappers" I've met and or worked with/for

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

are you talking about posthumous pac, or just Makevelli Pac?

either way....you're wrong. haha.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    many young adults in Texas worship Tupac as though he was a demi god who is still living
    Says a lot about them...in a bad way.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    many young adults in Texas worship Tupac as though he was a demi god who is still living

you just don't get "it" and never will
    [reminds self that rey sold all of his hip hop records for a fraction of what he paid]

[reminds self that rey sold all of his hip hop records for a fraction of what he paid]
    You're white--what do you know about "it"?

• will you think less of me if I admit I have NEVER listened to a 2pac album...on purpose?

Well, maybe ive heard most of Strictly 4 My...but as for Death Row era Pac..booooooo!!!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

pardon moi?
    wtf is your problem dude?
    every thread turns into some "I'm more ethnic than you"bs
    your schtick is way off and tired
    now make some ovaltine and take a nap tiny dancer

pardon moi?
    wtf is your problem dude?
    every thread turns into some "I'm more ethnic than you"bs
    your schtick is way off and tired
    now make some ovaltine and take a nap tiny dancer
    Puh-leez, you know nothing of "it." And I am more ethnic than you, and that matters.

• Tupac gets waaaaaaay more love in the club. Amongst white folks and black folks (thus making him more legitimate and a real artist). BIGGIE is for the old heads, tupac is for the youth (thus more legitimate, relevant, and better)

With that being said,

CERTAIN KIND OF FAN

Makes him hard to like. Hella frat-dudes, becky's, and "I'm angry at the world for no fuckin' reason/"me aginst it" make it embarassing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

CERTAIN KIND OF FAN

Makes him hard to like. Hella frat-dudes, becky's, and "I'm angry at the world for no fuckin' reason/"me aginst it" make it embarassing.

DUDE

Half the music you're into is championed exclusively by dudes that rock soiled New Balance sneakers with cargo pants and extra smedium digging-themed t-shirts.

• TIMMY DIGALOTS RIDE FOR "FLASHING LIGHTS"?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    redorko you got problems

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

are you talking about posthumous pac, or just Makevelli Pac?

either way....you're wrong. haha.

all eyez on me is his defining statement

his early shit could be a bit one-dimensional @ times. he was not truly NEXT LEVEL til maybe circa me against the world

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    imo

• Tupac gets waaaaaaay more love in the club. Amongst white folks and black folks (thus making him more legitimate and a real artist). BIGGIE is for the old heads, tupac is for the youth (thus more legitimate, relevant, and better)

With that being said,

CERTAIN KIND OF FAN

I find this troubling... I have way more "FUN" when listening to BIG. 2pac was dope but I feel like alot if his shit is introspective.. anyway he had a lot larger catalog than BIG.. comparing the two is just not right

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Well this one blew up.

Tupac is a good rapper. His material gets old, and I never liked the production behind his voice, but he was good at what he did. I never listen to him outside of when friends play it and tend to idolize him at the GOAT legend of the West Coast. Which is fucking tiring. I don't think I even own any of his music.

And yeah, in my experience Tupac is huge in the suburbs. Especially white suburbs in CA, where it's on all the kids "old-school rap" (yeah, that's what they call it) iPod mixes alongside Dre, Snoop and if you're lucky some N.W.A. Talk to some white fratboy and dissing Tupac is some sort of heinous offense.

Tupac isn't so big with the kids in spots like Oakland where rap culture has moved on and has a lot of new styles emerging. You still hear it, but mostly from the occasional blaring SUV driven by someone at least 30.

I am really sick in general of this notion that there are somehow artists who are untouchable from criticism, especially dead artists. Yeah, pay your respects, but no one is exempt.

• Tupac isn't so big with the kids in spots like Oakland where rap culture has moved on and has a lot of new styles emerging. You still hear it, but mostly from the occasional blaring SUV driven by someone at least 30.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Well this one blew up.

Tupac is a good rapper. His material gets old, and I never liked the production behind his voice, but he was good at what he did. I never listen to him outside of when friends play it and tend to idolize him at the GOAT legend of the West Coast. Which is fucking tiring. I don't think I even own of his music.

And yeah, in my experience Tupac is huge in the suburbs. Especially white suburbs in CA, where it's on all the kids "old-school rap" (yeah, that's what they call it) iPod mixes alongside Dre, Snoop and if you're lucky some N.W.A. Talk to some white fratboy and dissing Tupac is some sort of heinous offense.

Tupac isn't so big with the kids in spots like Oakland where rap culture has moved on and has a lot of new styles emerging. You still hear it, but mostly from the occasional blaring SUV driven by someone at least 30.

I am really sick in general of this notion that there are somehow artists who are untouchable from criticism, especially dead artists. Yeah, pay your respects, but no one is exempt.

OK Harvey - there it is! Now, say something awesome!

• imo

No I totally agree

As someone who owns every Tupac LP through Makavelli, Those two last records were my favorite shit. To me certain stuff on 2Pacalypse... and Me Against... have aged phenomenally well and other stuff, not so much. Strictly... hasn't aged well to me, especially as that was his "east coast" record and I feel like he was perping a fraud through most of it.

I fucks with Pac.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If you dont like Tupac, youre wack.