Who hurr is INTO 2Pac?

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    If you dont like Tupac, youre wack.

you TOOOOOOLD them!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Strictly... hasn't aged well to me, especially as that was his "east coast" record and I feel like he was perping a fraud through most of it.

I find that album pretty much unlistenable.

It's a useful diagnostic tool, though--whenever you hear a little dude proclaiming it Pac's best work, you know you can safely ignore anything else rap-related that he might have to say.

I listen to Pac all the time still. Mostly All Eyez on Me and Makavelli.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I find that album pretty much unlistenable.

For me, that era of Pac is all about the Broadway mix of Holla If You Hear Me, pitched up slightly and cranked as high as possible since the levels from the record are looooooow.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    a couple years ago I was at the county fair in the rural town I grew up it - I saw this mullethead dude in a sleeveless shirt - sunburned arm full of crappy homemade blue tattoos - a memorial list... R.I.P: Grandma Jean, Uncle Frank, Tupac...

he's throughout American culture like Scarface T-shirts at the fleamarket.

BIG never stood for anything y'know?

---

I love how dudes that only bother to hang out with frat dudes and the objects of frat dudes' jokes think that the main people who listen to Pac are frat dudes and the objects of frat dudes' jokes.

I love how dudes that only bother to hang out with frat dudes and the objects of frat dudes' jokes think that the main people who listen to Pac are frat dudes and the objects of frat dudes' jokes.

I don't think he said anything resembling that, but carry on. Do your thing.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    How many different spellings do you have for Tupac in your itunes?

NONE. CUZ I HATE TUPAC.

• How many different spellings do you have for Tupac in your itunes?

NONE. CUZ I HATE TUPAC.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    a couple years ago I was at the county fair in the rural town I grew up it - I saw this mullethead dude in a sleeveless shirt - sunburned arm full of crappy homemade blue tattoos - a memorial list... R.I.P: Grandma Jean, Uncle Frank, Tupac...

---

word from da streets.

---

word from da streets.

I was eating a bbq pork sandwich & 5 minutes from taking a ride on the Tilt-a-Worl.

true story.

---

If you dont like Tupac, your rap experience is questionable at best.

I don't think he said anything resembling that, but carry on. Do your thing.

harvey needs to brush up on his 'local white experience'

seriously, there's no talking to a fanboy

---

word from da streets.

I was eating a bbq pork sandwich & 5 minutes from taking a ride on the Tilt-a-Worl.

true story.

---

You are definitely real.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    seriously, there's no talking to a fanboy

The fact that I can't stand Tupac is beside the point

You are really the type that shouldnt speak in Rap threads. Neither should I.

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it up. Your hear pumps kool-aid and your veins are sugar-coated.

• imo

No I totally agree

As someone who owns every Tupac LP through Makavelli, Those two last records were my favorite shit. To me certain stuff on 2Pacalypse... and Me Against... have aged phenomenally well and other stuff, not so much. Strictly... hasn't aged well to me, especially as that was his "east coast" record and I feel like he was perping a fraud through most of it.

I fucks with Pac.

"Me Against The World" was his best album overall but the Death Row albums just had a ridiculous impact. You could not escape that shit when it came out. 10 songs in rotation in the club type shit. I appreciate those albums more today than I did when they came out. Specially Makavelli.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts

"Me Against The World" was his best album overall but the Death Row albums just had a ridiculous impact. You could not escape that shit when it came out. 10 songs in rotation in the club type shit. I appreciate those albums more today than I did when they came out. Specially Makavelli.
    Amuch as you think these young kids adore 2pac. Try dropping some into your 12-2 club set and watch the floor clear....It's weird. I remember these songs getting heavy party rotation. I dug 2pac. His untimley demise had a lot to do with his populartiy...The catalog was much better before the flood gates opened and all the water down studio outakes came out.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    some of his posthumous records are solid

love that 'nothin to lose' track

on his pre-death catalog ... 'me against the world' is so goddamn dark!!! its an intense experience to listen to it

"Do For Love"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

"Do For Love"
    YES

• "Me Against The World" was his best album overall but the Death Row albums just had a ridiculous impact. You could not escape that shit when it came out. 10 songs in rotation in the club type shit. I appreciate those albums more today than I did when they came out. Specially Makavelli.
    Amuch as you think these young kids adore 2pac. Try dropping some into your 12-2 club set and watch the floor clear....It's weird. I remember these songs getting heavy party rotation. I dug 2pac. His untimley demise had a lot to do with his populartiy...The catalog was much better before the flood gates opened and all the water down studio outakes came out. i dunno man "i get around" gets people amped as fuck.

i like pac, but his albums had like 4 to 5 diesel tracks then a bunch of weak ass filler. All eyez on me and the soundtrack to gang related was the drinking anthem when i was like 15.

I just wish pac made more movies. I like most of the roles he played. My favorite though is him as "spoon" in Gridlock'd or bishop from juice as a close second.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    name filler tracks on 'me against the world'

not sayin there aren't any, just sayin ... not fucking many

• name filler tracks on 'me against the world'

not sayin there aren't any, just sayin ... not fucking many
    okay one album out of fifty is an exception to the rule. it just always seemed to me pac used the quantity or quality method in the studio. like "imma record 50 songs this week. 5 will be dope. but fuck it will release the others anywayzzzzzz"

biggie though was the truth. Ready to Die is hands down the greatest hip hop album ever made imo and honestly destroys any album pac ever put out. His one album's consistency blows holes in pacs 8 albums of "aight" tracks with a random dope cuts in the mix.

Pacs dope but biggie shitted on him :eastcoastrepresentin:

babybaaaaaaabbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeee

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    How many different spellings do you have for Tupac in your itunes?

NONE. CUZ I HATE ITUNES.

Amuch as you think these young kids adore 2pac. Try dropping some into your 12-2 club set and watch the floor clear....It's weird.

What songs and what kind of crowd?

• Its the annual TUPAC/BIG argument thread! Am I late? My favorite tupac song is that one that goes "everywhere we goooooo we see the same hoooooes" except I don't think I've ever heard it sober and my second favorite is "all around the world its the same song" and the video with dan akroyd! yay! What did I win?

• How many different spellings do you have for Tupac in your itunes?

NONE. CUZ I HATE TUPAC.

Can't stand this overrated idiot's music. In the GOAT category, he's completely outclassed, outshined and overshadowed by Biggie. Surely, the west coast has produced more talented mc's than this clown.