Who hurr is INTO 2Pac?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    and I was never really feeling the martyr act. like "this is not the life I'm supposed to be leading; I shouldn't be getting locked up, etc."

Remember when he proclaimed that "Thug Life" was dead and that he wasn't going to do that stuff anymore and was gonna be all uplifting and whatnot? Then he got out of jail and recorded more typical gangsta babble.

And?

• The symbolism of Pac's life led exactly how he lived it

dude read that back to yourself and tell me it makes any fucking sense at all.

lol. was this the tagline on a Tupac tribute DVD you copped recently?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    and I was never really feeling the martyr act. like "this is not the life I'm supposed to be leading; I shouldn't be getting locked up, etc."

Remember when he proclaimed that "Thug Life" was dead and that he wasn't going to do that stuff anymore and was gonna be all uplifting and whatnot? Then he got out of jail and recorded more typical gangsta babble.

And?

And I thought it was funny. Dude definitely knew how to play people and get them to believe the hype. He was a good actor, and I'm not just talking about movies.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

And?

And I thought it was funny. Dude definitely knew how to play people and get them to believe the hype. He was a good actor, and I'm not just talking about movies.

He still died 4U.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Because ultimately that's what he was...not what you as a bystander wanted him to be...but who he truly was...a raging conflict waiting to happen.

• and I was never really feeling the martyr act. like "this is not the life I'm supposed to be leading; I shouldn't be getting locked up, etc."

Because ultimately that's what he was...not what you as a bystander wanted him to be...but who he truly was...a raging conflict waiting to happen.

oh brother. this is classic material right here.

And?

He still died 4U.

Oh, I know. I stay rockin' my WWTD? bracelet, son.

The symbolism of Pac's life led exactly how he lived it

dude read that back to yourself and tell me it makes any fucking sense at all.

lol. was this the tagline on a Tupac tribute DVD you copped recently?

Yet it makes more sense to have wanted a "good boy" version of Pac???

You've obviously missed the point entirely.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

"I have a got a RAGING conflict!"

LEAVE TUPAC ALONE!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

oh brother. this is classic material right here.

I know, I'm not supposed to buy into Pac's blatantly apparent legacy. I'm instead supposed to treat it like it's foreign to me and thus beneath me. In fact, that's how I'm supposed to treat everything. Thank you for setting me straight.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I miss the days of when he was a dancer for DU. But I guess that never paid the bills.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• a raging conflict waiting to happen

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this quote encapsulates our local HarveyCanal experience.

LEAVE TUPAC ALONE!!!

Predictable pompous bs.

The cult of 2Pac will never hurt via knownot hateurs from afar.

So it's not a matter of "leave Pac alone" for fear that his legacy will be tarnished...it's a matter of how long will your kind persist to look like idiotic contrarians attempting to preclude something that has already been said and received as loud and clear?

"Ooooh...my conflict's pointing this way...."

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Thats some classic shit right there.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

ON THE COVER OF VIBE
    LIKE THE NEW DEATH ROW
    IN THAT BLACK TURTLENECK
    WITH THAT GOLD FIGUEROA

b/w

My neighborhood's own version of Punxsutawney Phil is this kinda damaged, possibly homeless, twenty- or thirtysomething who, weather permitting, shows up at various locations (the park, the dry cleaning spot, the record store, etc.), spits venemously one or more evil-acappellz verses from "Only God Can Judge Me," strikes an aggro stance for a long second on some "What?! Yeah, that's right--I ripped it!" shit, pulls the plug and then jets. Fuck a Robin Redbreast--once you start seeing Only God Can Judge Me Dude around, you know Spring is coming.

It's been my experience, though, that both Biggie and Tupac appeal strongest to folks caught up in life's bullshit, but where folks who identify with Biggie tend to have more of a sense of humor (or at least a sense of resilience) regarding said bullshit, hardcore Tupac fans often possess a strident messianism--this insistence--that I find grating as fuck.

Is that Harry Enfield (sp?). Does he still do a lot of stuff in the UK? When I was 11 or so and was out there that dude was the man! He's hilarious...

• The cult of 2Pac will never hurt via knownot hateurs from afar.

YES!

this is up there with an archaic classic that went something like: "you hatt in jest, but you hatt nonetheless."

I'll never forget that one.

PS do you actually like to think of yourself as an adherent to a "cult" in your love of the one called Pac?

[snotty nose]The world must know at every turn that I do not like 2Pac. And here is a South Park reference to prove it.[/snotty nose]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    many young adults in jamaica worship Tupac as though he was a demi god who is still living
    biggie don't get the same love

2pac is also worshiped in Cuba. Nowhere near as many people know/check for "El Notorioso" as they call Biggie down there.

PS do you actually like to think of yourself as an adherent to a "cult" in your love of the one called Pac?

Not necessarily in it, but

Predictable pompous bs.

So it's not a matter of "leave Pac alone" for fear that his legacy will be tarnished...it's a matter of how long will your kind persist to look like idiotic contrarians attempting to preclude something that has already been said and received as loud and clear?

Woah woah dude.....
    i mean either you actually do have a good sense of humor and that was a joke.....or.....jesus I don't know what. that was amazing. Raj is there a way we can make it so I can fit all that in the location box as a quote?

• many young adults in jamaica worship Tupac as though he was a demi god who is still living
    biggie don't get the same love

2pac is also worshiped in Cuba. Nowhere near as many people know/check for "El Notorioso" as they call Biggie down there.

and Africa. dude is seriously on a nearly-Bob Marley level in much of the developing world.

hey whatever inspires you I guess.

like i said: best rapper out of Marin. ever. (besides Youn Lay).

Suburban internet, so-called-rap-fan nerds stay hating on Pac like its their birthright.

Oh yeah...it is, isn't it?

• I think the suburbs are definitely feeling Tupac.

Predictable pompous bs.

Woah woah dude.....
    i mean either you actually do have a good sense of humor and that was a joke.....or.....jesus I don't know what. that was amazing. Raj is there a way we can make it so I can fit all that in the location box as a quote?

You're just chomping at the bit for me to elicit Emil up in here.

But for once, whining isn't going to get you what you want.

I think the suburbs are definitely feeling Tupac.

Everything but the burden.