WORST SONG OF THE YEAR (cast your vote)

14567810»

Comments

• IT'S A SONG FOR THE CLUBS/BLASTING IN YOUR CAR
    DO YOU SIT AND ANALYZE LYRICS WHILE YOU ARE DANCING WITH A GIRL IN THE CLUB?
    WOW

Thank you. I was about to say, who the fuck is checking for the lyrics on the club banger/smash hit?? If you're gonna check for lyrics, at least check the remix.

• yeah, those lyrics are nowhere near as clever as a high concept work like "welkshake" , a song that will be remembered for decades to come for presenting an intellectually stimulating alternative to novelty trash like ay bay bay.

Welkshake was a remix. It had no original lyrics, but yes lyrics really matter more than anything.

Coltrane never meant shit to me

i wasn't referring to the welkshake lyrics (i know it was a remix and stated as much in an earlier post in this thread). i was referring to the song's lack of novelty and praising the high-mindendness of the work as a whole.

but your point regarding lyrics may be of interest to rootless and egbert.

• it's a song about a dance
    how deep is shit supposed to get?

is it even though?

I feel like it can't decide if it's a song about a dance or if the dance is about the song.

Oh god,. de ja vu, cue Walk It Out thread...

edit: I think it was the Classic Rap Songs from the Last 7 Years thread

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

dis da fye song rite here dis song us hot in mississsippi b fo it got to everywere else i went ot skool wit coulja boi no lie he went to south panola and so did i me and dsoulja boy is too kool im sooooo serious too

Harvey's been trying to tell you this for 5 years pages!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    WOW THIS THREAD GOT SO DUMB

• it's a song about a dance
    how deep is shit supposed to get?

is it even though?

I feel like it can't decide if it's a song about a dance or if the dance is about the song.

Oh god,. de ja vu, cue Walk It Out thread...

hahaha true I won't deny the similarities between these two gimmicky songs authentic expressions of local "dance" flavor.

• yeah, those lyrics are nowhere near as clever as a high concept work like "welkshake" , a song that will be remembered for decades to come for presenting an intellectually stimulating alternative to novelty trash like ay bay bay.

Welkshake was a remix. It had no original lyrics, but yes lyrics really matter more than anything.

Coltrane never meant shit to me

i wasn't referring to the welkshake lyrics (i know it was a remix and stated as much in an earlier post in this thread). i was referring to the song's lack of novelty and praising the high-mindendness of the work as a whole.

but your point regarding lyrics may be of interest to rootless and egbert.

A FAN!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    hi Mom!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

And again, to address the quoted point above, the fact that so many white people have embraced these songs does not necessarily mean that these songs aren't uniquely "black."

What is "Uniquely Black"? I'm sure some white guy here has the answer.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    WOW THIS THREAD GOT SO DUMB

WOW THIS THREAD MADE SOULSTRUT AWESOME AGAIN

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    those lyrics are pure poetry compared to the lyrics to Souljah Boy's Crank That.

seriously Egbert look those up. you won't believe what you're reading.

That's funny because today a new 9th grader actually turned in hand-written lyrics to "Crank Dat"- we asked them to bring in their favorites lyrics for an Intro to Poetry unit.

btw. I am part of the "SF rap crew" and I enjoy Ay Bay Bay and an occasional Crank Dat.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

So by referring to Hurricane Chris as an artist in parentheses, I assume you are doubting his status as an artist?

And Ay Bay Bay sounds nothing like Party Like a Rockstar. If you don't actually listen to rap, I could understand how you might think they sound identical. How revealing of you.

And Ay Bay Bay sound nothing like Party Like A Rockstar. How revealing of you. Dude....I mean.....dude. HOW REVEALING OF YOU?!??! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE SHOP BOYS AND HURRICANE CHRIS. How revealing of me? Doubting his status as an artist? Dude tell me everything there is to know about you. Are you the flying spaghetti monster?

What are you smoking? I just want to make sure I never try it...

Good one...

My problem with your smug and condescending response is that first of all, Hurricane Chris is a rap artist. I'm not saying you have to consider him a good artist, but he's an artist. He has an album. I'm sure he's sold more of them than you could ever dream. So, there is a demand for his art, whether you find it acceptable or not. I don't even know if I think he's a good artist, but I will reserve my opinion on that until I've heard his whole album. I'm not gonna jump out the hate gate after hearing one fucking single that happened to get picked up and circulated heavily by the media monster!

To address your other smug and condescending response, please, oh great one, explain to me what I am revealing? That I LIKE Ay Bay Bay and Party Like a Rockstar? I'm not fucking hiding it genius! I do like those songs. I like a LOT of current rap music. So what? Does that mean I am incapable of enjoying music that you, too, may enjoy? No, it just means I have a more open mind to rap music and I'm not a stuck up little bitch about shit I don't dig. I know you like "real hip hop" from 1992 or whatever and that's fine, I like some of it too, but just because this newer stuff doesn't sound like that is no reason to start a campaign against it. I don't see why people can't just leave shit alone that they ain't feeling.

Sometimes I think people spend more energy hating shit they don't like than enjoying shit they do!

Cutey....I was doing nothing but mocking what you said before - as it was fucking mind boggling.
    Idiocracy - see it. Flying Spaghetti Monster - read about it while you're not listening to music by "artists" such as Ay Bay Bay, Laffy Taffy, The Macarena, Haddaway etc. whatever.

No, it just means I have a more open mind to rap music and I'm not a stuck up little bitch about shit I don't dig. I know you like "real hip hop" from 1992 or whatever and that's fine, I like some of it too, but just because this newer stuff doesn't sound like that is no reason to start a campaign against it. I don't see why people can't just leave shit alone that they ain't feeling.[/b]

Come on man. Stuck up little bitch? Your humor blows enough to not see that I've been mocking all the blah blah you've been saying. Not to mention - why are you riding so hard for this music on a site where you can clearly see how many people are "stuck up little bitches." Kinda pointless? Let us be the stuck up little bitches we are and listen to our 1992 hip hop and keep it real in peace. I and the others on here who hate this stuff suck - we're ignorant. yada yada yada. Please save me a copy of the Hurricane Chris album when you go and buy it - as it's going to apparently sell "more copies than I've ever dreamed of."
    Where the hell did that come from by the way? Am I putting out a CD soon? Do I dream of Hurricane Chris's sales? Crap - I've got to go keep it real elsewhere....

It's you it's you! I know it! Just replace "Britney Spears" with Hurricane Chris!

• he's an artist. He has an album.

not picking on you dude, but I do have to take issue with this definition of "artist."

not picking on you dude, but I do have to take issue with this definition of "artist."

Bonus points for those who label Hurricane Chris part of the neo-art-brut movement!

Bonus points for those who label Hurricane Chris part of the neo-art-brut movement!

Second year art history major. Next.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    he's an artist. He has an album.

Second year art history major. Next.

you coning up hurrrr friday, bitch?

• you coning up hurrrr friday, bitch?

Yep and I'm bringing my Soulja Boy 12" with me.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

i'll be in the clurb with no shoes.

Understood. It was really just semantics. It's arguable that anybody is an artist. I was just looking for an excuse to pick a fight with that guy because I just don't like him and I was having a bad day at work.

There, I said it. I could care less about hurricane chris or what anybody thinks, and yeah i'll probably still listen to his album and probably like some of it. It's not that big a deal I just kinda flew off the handle looking for a good time arguing with some douchebag.

I do think a lot of people here get pretty harsh with their judgments of people who like certain shit. It's all to the good though. It's just the internets and most the real folks here are just that and it wouldn't be a big deal in real life.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

THERE'S a 12-inch of this???? That made my day right there.