THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Cowboys looking good....Romo seems to be the real deal....T.O. has his head screwed on straight through two games!!

The Cowboys have kind of surprised me. I guess I wasn't giving Romo enough credit. TO's looking good, but when they get their first loss, bet he'll flip out. Next Sunday night will be real interesting, and if you guys beat the Bears, then we know who's who in the NFC. Also if the first two weeks are any indication, the rest of Dallas's schedule is pretty cream puff. They could be a super bowl contender, but I don't want to get carried away, lots of games left in the season.

• That was pretty funny yesterday when Ocho Cinco got his first TD and realized he was on the wrong side of the field for taunting the "Dawg Pound".

That shit with the video camera off the goal post was hilarious!

• That was pretty funny yesterday when Ocho Cinco got his first TD and realized he was on the wrong side of the field for taunting the "Dawg Pound".

you mean when he jumped up into the stands? that was all planned... ocho don't do much by accident

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/21465

you mean when he jumped up into the stands? that was all planned... ocho don't do much by accident

Naw. On his first TD, he caught it then had this ultimate "Noooooo!" moment when he realized he'd have to run 100 yards to get to the Dawg Pound.

• Broncos lucked out on another win. 2-0

+'s = RB's - Henry, Sapp, Young, all look good. Cutler - boy got an arm. Needs to buckle down more in pressure situations, in time. Secondary - Bailey/Bly combo is the truth (catch these dudes out making tackles with special teams too). Broncos look better than I thought they would so far. We'll see what happens when we play a real threat. So far, so good.

Naw. On his first TD, he caught it then had this ultimate "Noooooo!" moment when he realized he'd have to run 100 yards to get to the Dawg Pound.

i missed that. musta been funny.
    what was the camera off the goalpost thing that was mentioned above?

+'s = RB's - Henry, Sapp, Young, all look good. Cutler - boy got an arm. Needs to buckle down more in pressure situations, in time. Secondary - Bailey/Bly combo is the truth (catch these dudes out making tackles with special teams too). Broncos look better than I thought they would so far. We'll see what happens when we play a real threat. So far, so good.

That was some straight BULLSHIT. The Rat having to use his lil' mind games just so the Broncs could beat Oakland w/ a gimpy Josh McCown. I didn't like that at all.

SeaBAss boomed the fuck out of that second kick. Hit the top of the goalpost and doinked off from 52 yards away. That kick woulda gone 70 yards, easy.

That was some straight BULLSHIT. The Rat having to use his lil' mind games just so the Broncs could beat Oakland w/ a gimpy Josh McCown. I didn't like that at all.

SeaBAss boomed the fuck out of that second kick. Hit the top of the goalpost and doinked off from 52 yards away. That kick woulda gone 70 yards, easy.

Bull shit?

Shanahan called a time out. I even heard a whistle, it was the Raider's own fault they snapped the play. Me and my friend were both sitting there watching like "Why did they snap it?". It's not like icing the kicker is a new concept or anything...

Dude can certainly boot that shit though. I'll give him that. I thought he was gonna make it the second time as well due to how clean the first one was.

• what was the camera off the goalpost thing that was mentioned above?

After his second touchdown Chad walks over to the goalpost all suspicious and pretends like he's rolling film while hidding behind the goalpost, in an obvious nod to Bill Bellicheat.

I'm trying to find it on youtube, but no results yet.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Cowboys looking good....Romo seems to be the real deal....T.O. has his head screwed on straight through two games!!

The Cowboys have kind of surprised me. I guess I wasn't giving Romo enough credit. TO's looking good, but when they get their first loss, bet he'll flip out. Next Sunday night will be real interesting, and if you guys beat the Bears, then we know who's who in the NFC. Also if the first two weeks are any indication, the rest of Dallas's schedule is pretty cream puff. They could be a super bowl contender, but I don't want to get carried away, lots of games left in the season.

I agree that if the Cowboys beat the Bears soundly they will have sent a message to the rest of the league.

After his second touchdown Chad walks over to the goalpost all suspicious and pretends like he's rolling film while hidding behind the goalpost, in an obvious nod to Bill Bellicheat.

it was TO who did that, no?

Either way, Ocho Cinco and Belichick were pretty tight at the Pro Bowl last winter...At the end of each practice, rather than having everyone bring it in and say something inspirational, he would bring Chad into the middle of the huddle and have him tell a joke.

what was the camera off the goalpost thing that was mentioned above?

Either way, Ocho Cinco and Belichick were pretty tight at the Pro Bowl last winter...At the end of each practice, rather than having everyone bring it in and say something inspirational, he would bring Chad into the middle of the huddle and have him tell a joke.

T.O. did the camera routine.....didn't see Chad so don't know if he did it too??

T.O. did the camera routine.....didn't see Chad so don't know if he did it too??

Oh shit, I got the big egos confused, no it wasn't Chad, my bad!

Bull shit?

Shanahan called a time out. I even heard a whistle, it was the Raider's own fault they snapped the play. Me and my friend were both sitting there watching like "Why did they snap it?". It's not like icing the kicker is a new concept or anything...

Dude can certainly boot that shit though. I'll give him that. I thought he was gonna make it the second time as well due to how clean the first one was.

I heard whistles when the kick was being placed too. I just don't think he gets that call on the road. Don't act like the timing wasn't down to the wire.

I'm not too mad. I'm no Raider fan nor Bronco fan. I'm just a football fan. Hated to see the Raiders lose like that. They were more then game and I like Young Kiffin.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I heard whistles when the kick was being placed too. I just don't think he gets that call on the road. Don't act like the timing wasn't down to the wire.

I'm not too mad. I'm no Raider fan nor Bronco fan. I'm just a football fan. Hated to see the Raiders lose like that. They were more then game and I like Young Kiffin.

Dude, just stop. Icing the kicker is a universal move and he had informed the
    ref he was calling a timeout beforehand so yes, he would have got the call on
    the road, too. If anything, the Raiders just looked dumb going through with the
    kick and dancing around the turf ... they should have known what was going on.

• Cowboys looking good....Romo seems to be the real deal....T.O. has his head screwed on straight through two games!!

I agree that if the Cowboys beat the Bears soundly they will have sent a message to the rest of the league.

only time will tell what they really are, but i like the 'Boys this year (no mexicoke bets this year, Rocka... sorry). they need to give Barber more touches though. Marion Barber > Julius Jones

• I heard whistles when the kick was being placed too. I just don't think he gets that call on the road. Don't act like the timing wasn't down to the wire.

"Just stop".

????

Chill, B.

Thanks for filling me in on icing the kicker. You stay ag lately, don't you?

Were you watching the game? Shit was like a nanosecond before the snap.

Cowboys looking good....Romo seems to be the real deal....T.O. has his head screwed on straight through two games!!

only time will tell what they really are, but i like the 'Boys this year (no mexicoke bets this year, Rocka... sorry). they need to give Barber more touches though. Marion Barber > Julius Jones

As TO dubbed him yesterday......

Marion The Barbarian!!!!

What kind of P*ssy shit is this no bet crap.....

I was looking forward to a 3 day old Cheese Steak!!!

Bull shit?

Of course the timing was down to the wire, that's the point. PSYCH EM OUT BABY! All part of the game.

• I heard whistles when the kick was being placed too. I just don't think he gets that call on the road. Don't act like the timing wasn't down to the wire.

Thank you.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    damn, i keep getting GenePontecorvo and G_Balliando confused. im thinkin he's arguing with himself, then see youre two diff people.

• damn, i keep getting GenePontecorvo and G_Balliando confused. im thinkin he's arguing with himself, then see youre two diff people.

The fucked up thing is we're both named Br**n.

"Just stop".

????

Chill, B.

Jeez, Brian - I'm not getting aggro. Sorry, I didn't throw a bunch of winkies and
    smily-smiles in there to "keep things light" - I said "just stop" because you seem
    determined to argue that there was something sleazy or underhanded about calling
    the timeout when he did, but I - and just about everyone else - keep saying that of
    course it was at the last second - THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE. Everytime. That's why the
    Raiders look stupid - they should have known it was going to happen, but looked all
    clueless jumping around and celebrating a useless kick!

Of course I watched the game - I wouldn't speak on it if I hadn't. The funniest thing
    I saw all day was the asst coach of the Raiders all grabbing the head coach who was
    jumping up and down and about to run out on the field, with this look of horror on his
    face, like "YO HOLD ON!"

etc, etc

• "Just stop".

????

Chill, B.

Jeez, Brian - I'm not getting aggro. Sorry, I didn't throw a bunch of winkies and
    smily-smiles in there to "keep things light" - I said "just stop" because you seem
    determined to argue that there was something sleazy or underhanded about calling
    the timeout when he did, but I - and just about everyone else - keep saying that of
    course it was at the last second - THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE. Everytime. That's why the
    Raiders look stupid - they should have known it was going to happen, but looked all

Of course I watched the game - I wouldn't speak on it if I hadn't. The funniest thing
    I saw all day was the asst coach of the Raiders all grabbing the head coach who was
    jumping up and down and about to run out on the field, with this look of horror on his
    face, like "YO HOLD ON!"

etc, etc

I'm not saying he was being sleazy or underhanded. That was one of the more close timeout calls I've seen. My buddy who was watching the game w/ me agreed. To me, it went down so quick, it was hard to tell if the whistles were in time or not. And then to see the sunblasted THE RAT all walking around looking smug rubbed me the wrong way. Thought the Raiders had that one and if I were a Bronco fan I'd be counting my blessings behind that "W".

Whatever. The Pats or Colts are gonna win the Super Bowl anyway...these teams are all also-rans.

• Shit man, it was just an aspect of a game I watched that I was discussing. I could be wrong.

• "Just stop".

????

Chill, B.

face, like "YO HOLD ON!"

etc, etc

I'm not saying he was being sleazy or underhanded. That was one of the more close timeout calls I've seen. My buddy who was watching the game w/ me agreed. To me, it went down so quick, it was hard to tell if the whistles were in time or not. And then to see the sunblasted THE RAT all walking around looking smug rubbed me the wrong way. Thought the Raiders had that one and if I were a Bronco fan I'd be counting my blessings behind that "W".

Whatever. The Pats or Colts are gonna win the Super Bowl anyway...these teams are all also-rans.

THE RAT, as you call him, won the game. Any other great coach would have done the same. SCOREBOARD.

• You guys are killing me.

The RAT comes from the Rome show.

You tellin me dude doesn't look like a rat?

I AM NOT RAIDER FAN SO TAKE YOUR SCOREBOARD AND STUFF IT IN A STACK. Y'ALL 'PO TO BEAT THAT TEAM BY TWO TOUCHDOWNS AT HOME AND YOU KNOW THIS.

Goddammit!!!

• You guys are killing me.

You tellin me dude doesn't look like a rat?

I AM NOT RAIDER FAN SO TAKE YOUR SCOREBOARD AND STUFF IT IN A STACK. Y'ALL 'PO TO BEAT THAT TEAM BY TWO TOUCHDOWNS AT HOME AND YOU KNOW THIS.

Goddammit!!!

Haha! GP gettin' frustrated!

You're right though, we should be beating the Raiders by a greater margin. THESE IS HARD TIMES though, we have a baby QB who doesn't know how to handle pressure yet. We give the ball to Henry on every other snap. We send young Mike Bell or Cecil Sapp up the middle every now and again. But when it comes to passing game, it's either a great pass right on target to Stokley or Walker or some wild lateral pass or some other stupid move that results in an INT or fumble. IT's like there's no in between with Cutler. He'll learn though, in due time. Can't say that enough. He's started a whopping 6 NFL games. By the end of the season, his nerves should be much tougher.

• What about Skins and Eagles tonight? Anybody care about MNF anymore?!?!

I said Skins on Friday, put Philly in the hole with my Giants.

Dude.

Rome = History's biggest tool.

I'm proud that I didn't know the source

GREATEST TV MOMENT EVAR