THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Please, give me three good reasons why going for history and NFL records makes you a dickhead.

Do you disagree with the word or the reasons?

• Please, give me three good reasons why going for history and NFL records makes you a dickhead.

Do you disagree with the word or the reasons?

Neither...Look, there are plenty of reasons to dislike the Pats, and there is no sense getting into that.
    I'm not arguing that.

But, if you are going to wade in here with that bullshit, you better have some better reason than, 'he is a dickhead because I don't like him/them.' Any team worth their salt should want to go undefeated. And, if the situation presents itself, I'm sure someone like Belichick - a lifelong student of football, who is VERY aware of the game's histroy- will want to assume his place in the record books.

And, I don't think he's going to give a shit what you think. Nor should he...

"Hey, Bill...Start Matt Cassell...Soulstrut's resident drama teacher has decided you're a jerk if you try to make history."

Sounds pretty silly, no?

• Bill being a dickhead is up for debate? Most people don't seem to respect him for reasons that are pretty obvious. When you act in a disrespectful way towards your colleagues, you're not bound to get much -- if any -- respect in return.

I really don't care to debate this any further, so take what you will from that.

I finished Moby Dick, BTW.

• Eagles suck.

• Eagles suck.

I thought they had a defense. They don't.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Pat's could very well go 16-0

They are a great team....

But don't drink the Collingsworth Kool-Aid..

They wouldn't be beating the Griese/Mercury Morris/Paul Warfield/Csonka/Kiick Dolphin 16-0 team.

Different eras, but I think the Pats'd kick their asses. There are two reasons why the Dolphins were perfect in 72-73: They were a truly great team, and they played some shit competition. Lest we forget - and it seems like every sportswriter has - the 72 'Fins played teams with a combined winning percentage of .319 (70-149-3) during the regular season. The figure jumps slightly - to .392 (102-159-3) - including the playoffs. But we're not talking about quality competition here. Even the best NFL teams have mitigating factors throughout the course of a season, and the 'Fins certainly had this going for them. They played only two teams with winning records during regular season - and both were 8-6.

Another thing to consider: The Patriots, in their 9th game, are 30 points away from equaling the regular-sesason total of points racked up by the then league-leading Dolphins.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Saints are looking very much alive.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Maybe if it was at Philly....

I suppose if the Giants have something to play for, they might do it, but Bill is such a dickhead that he'd keep the starters in to get the perfect mark.

16-0 is a reality at this point.

So salty. You should be rooting for the Pats considering how Minnesota has become the farm city for Boston's pro sports franchises. You get to see your best players finally succeed, so why cry?

On that note, the proposed Santana for Bucholz/Lester deal was apparently proposed by the Twins.

• Saints are looking very much alive.

Yes sir!!

They've shown some character by getting back to .500. Only a half-game out of our division. Not making any predictions, but if you look at the Saints' remaining schedule, they should be favored in almost every game. The team has a decent shot to make the playoffs. I'll take that after an 0-4 start.

• I don't think either the Colts or Pats played their best game tonight.

Got to save something for January! This was a good hard fought game. Pats made the plays when it counted. Really thought they were going to lose with all those penalties they racked up, and Brady's frustration showing in the first half. I think Harrison and Ugoh being out made a big difference.

In other games:
    Marshawn Lynch running the field!
    Damn Brett Favre, I dissed him early this year, but the crazy old man still has an arm. They might even beat MN next week.
    The fuckin' Jets!
    Brees looking descent, got to be happy with that Gene. Defense coming up big with those 3 interceptions.
    Is Cutler out?
    Is ocho cinco out? That shit did not look good when he got taken out of the game.

Philly failed to take out the Cowboys, but it won't be so easy next weekend! No way you'll put up 45 against the Giants again, see you in NY!!!!

• I think Harrison and Ugoh being out made a big difference.

Just a bit. And then Anthony Gonzalez getting dinged up and not playing after going out in the first half didn't help the Colts either. Gonzalez getting hurt effectively left them with only Reggie Wayne at wide receiver.

Is Cutler out?
    Is ocho cinco out? That shit did not look good when he got taken out of the game.

Cutler injured his left leg and came out of the game and didn't return. MRI results today were negative and it's possible he could be starting this upcoming weekend.

Chad Johnson only suffered a neck strain. He was at practice today and it's likely he'll play on Sunday. He was carted off the field on a stretcher on the back board merely as a precaution as the NFL doesn't take any chances with possible neck injuries.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I think Harrison and Ugoh being out made a big difference.

The question is, did Indy's illegal use of piped-in crowd noise make a difference?

And the answer is no, no it did not.

• I think Harrison and Ugoh being out made a big difference.

The question is, did Indy's illegal use of piped-in crowd noise make a difference?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3095903&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

NFL says Patriots claim of extra crowd noise unsubstantiated

The NFL says no artificial crowd noise was pumped into the RCA Dome on Sunday during the New England-Indianapolis game, despite claims otherwise by Patriots team president Jonathan Kraft.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Yahoo! Sports reported earlier that the NFL was looking into charges Kraft made after Sunday's 24-20 New England win. Kraft told NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich -- the same man involved in confiscating the Patriots' videotape made in a Week 2 game against the New York Jets that cost Belichick $500,000, the Patriots $250,000 and a first-round draft pick -- that he felt there was extra noise in the stadium.

Aiello said, according to Yahoo!: "We're aware of it and we're looking into it. It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

Monday, he said that was indeed the case.

Kraft is the latest in a line of people who have accused the Colts of enhancing crowd noise in their domed stadium. It has never been proven.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

ROMOSEXUAL

PAGING PHILLY PHILL

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Saints are looking very much alive.

Yes sir!!

They've shown some character by getting back to .500. Only a half-game out of our division. Not making any predictions, but if you look at the Saints' remaining schedule, they should be favored in almost every game. The team has a decent shot to make the playoffs. I'll take that after an 0-4 start.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

• Maybe if it was at Philly....

I suppose if the Giants have something to play for, they might do it, but Bill is such a dickhead that he'd keep the starters in to get the perfect mark.

16-0 is a reality at this point.

So salty. You should be rooting for the Pats considering how Minnesota has become the farm city for Boston's pro sports franchises. You get to see your best players finally succeed, so why cry?

On that note, the proposed Santana for Bucholz/Lester deal was apparently proposed by the Twins.

I guess I'll tell our best pitcher to stop winning Cy Youngs and our best fielders to stop winning MVPs and batting titles.

I will be pissed if we trade Santana, even though we have two studs behind him. Dump Hunter FIRST!

I spent half of my life cheering for the hopeless Vikings. The Packers are the team to support around here. I yelled at a student for wearing a Peterson jersey into class today, but I don't blame him because that guy is a monster. If he's smart, he'll play below his level so he'll be traded to a team that has a destiny other than always losing.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

PAGING PHILLY PHILL

The problem with making avatar bets with Phill is,
    he'll take the avatar, but then he just won't post here
    for 2 months ... whereas we know you would never have
    the self-control for that kind of internet abstinance, Rock

PAGING PHILLY PHILL

True.....but as soon as he changes it ALL his past posts will have it too!!

PM me your address so I can send you your ARC package.

• PAGING PHILLY PHILL

it was changed at 28-7 in the third quarter last night... did you even think to scroll up? no, of course not... you're a cowboys fan.

see you next month!

• Not sure if this was already mentioned in here, but:

b/w

::whymusticry?::

b/w

Broncos are DONE FOR this year. Cutler's out, Walker's out, Lynch is out, Smith is still out, Lepsis is out I think, Nalen's career is over, etc. Our team is beat the fuck up right now. So sad.

PAGING PHILLY PHILL

it was changed at 28-7 in the third quarter last night... did you even think to scroll up? no, of course not... you're a cowboys fan.

see you next month!

Dude...I'm not the one who questioned your integrity

That avatar looks real good on you....But I still would have rather had some Philly Cheese Steaks!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I hope there are no Ravens fans in the house 2 night.

• LOL @ Ravens

the Stillers are gonna run up the score!

at least I hope so..

• LOL @ Ravens

at least I hope so..

And they did. The throwbacks looked really hot too.
    I like what NFL.com had to say this morning:

"It was over when ...
    The NFL schedule makers gave the Steelers a home game on Monday night. The Steelers came into the game 11-0 on Monday night in Pittsburgh since 1990 and Ben Roethlisberger put the game away early with five touchdown passes in the first half, spotting his team a 35-7 halftime lead. The Steelers were never seriously threatened in the second half."

What up with the Ravens sucking this year?!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    What up with the Ravens sucking this year?!

Did you see the postgame show? Steve Young and Emmitt Smith were legitimately pissed off at how awful the Ravens were and took turns dissing 'em hard.

I loved it. For me, the best play of the day (out of many worthy candidates) was Hines Ward knocking Ed Reed's bitch ass out.

• Options
    I think Harrison and Ugoh being out made a big difference.

I noticed that when it happened dring the game, and even rewound it right away (yes DVR) to see if I was hearing things. First thing I thought was that it was fake crowd noise from the TV broadcast, never even occured to me that it could have been the Colts piping it in. Who knows.

All teams cheat. Parcells, when he was coaching the Jets and before that the Giants, knew that when garage doors at one end of the Meadowlands were open it would blow some heavy wind right through the tunnel and into the field, which left a lot of field goals short (tunnel is right behind the goalposts). He'd have them open when the other team was driving in that direction, and closed if the Jets/Giants were headed that way. It went on for a few years before the NFL figured it out and ordered them closed all the time during play.

• LOL @ Ravens

at least I hope so..

i was at this last night... so sweet!

+ I'm tired of you riding for Patroits, Buscrates! i'm ready to throw something on the line for the game in december

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Fantasy quarterback dilema: Who do I run with Sunday, Peyton against the Chargers or Derek Anderson against the Stillers?

It's a tough call, but I'm leaning toward Manning.

• Go with Manning, Steelers have been very good this year defending against the pass.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    My biggest wonder of the season (as a 49ers fan) - will anyone in the NFC West even have a winning season?