THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Let's start some talk on the Armegeddon Game!!!!!

OK...nothing too deep, but I think the Pats run away with this thing. They win 45-24, and it won't be that close. Until last weekend, I liked the Colts. After what they did to the 'Skins? Just not seeing it. They are just playing with too much focus, aggression, and ruthlessness right now. They're not trying to rewrite the Book of Sportsmanship by any means. But, they are trying to rewrite the history book.

Oh, and this Wednesday's press conference with Tom Brady offered the most concise take on runningupthescore that I've heard so far:

"As a unit we (the offense), don't come off the field to say, 'Boy, that was great. I hope they feel really great about themselves...they sure kicked the crap out of us on that series!' "

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I won't shed any tears when Belicheat sends Brady out on the field with a 45-0 lead and he gets injured.

• I won't shed any tears when Belicheat sends Brady out on the field with a 45-0 lead and he gets injured.

ok. I'm not going to say this isn't a real possibility.

But, why is it so unacceptable to play the full game, that it suddenly becomes ok to purposely hurt someone? This whole, 'Playing the full game in a professional sport is so unsportsmanlike that it is therefore justified to break the leg of the opposing team's best player,' is on some super stupid shit.

I'm not saying that isn't a real possibility; but, I am asking if you realize how stupid that argument makes you, Michael Wilbon, and everyone advocating that, sound?

edit: bad grammer/incomplete thought.

I won't shed any tears when Belicheat sends Brady out on the field with a 45-0 lead and he gets injured.

ok. I'm not going to say this isn't a real possibility.

But, why is it so unacceptable to play the full game, that it suddenly becomes ok to purposely hurt someone? This whole, 'Playing the full game in a professional sport is so unsportsmanlike that it is therefore justified to break the leg of the opposing team's best player,' is on some super stupid shit.

I'm not saying that isn't a real possibility; but, I am asking if you realize how stupid that argument makes you, Michael Wilbon, and everyone advocating that, sound?

edit: bad grammer/incomplete thought.

Honestly, I don't even mean that someone will purposely hurt him.

Risking an injury with a 45-0 lead is stupid.

• Fair enough, and I agree with the risk.

I HAVE grown weary of the, 'Fight bad sportsmanship with worse sportsmanship,' argument, though, especially that which risks someone's career.

Sorry to get my hackles all up on that one.

• Fair enough, and I agree with the risk.

I HAVE grown weary of the, 'Fight bad sportsmanship with worse sportsmanship,' argument, though, especially that which risks someone's career.

Sorry to get my hackles all up on that one.

No one is strokign their chins here and thinking "it would be right for 2nd string scrub DL to take out the QB on his way to the most insane season ever".

The reality is that the motherfucker that *might* do some salty shit like that isn't thinking about anything but how pissed off he is at getting his tail whooped and his decision making might be less than sound at that point. "We finna get this motherfucker....".

You pay your money you take your chances. I'm sure BB has explored all the angles and likes his percentages.

• Sho' nuff, but in my more sensitive moments, it definitely feels like something that folks are trying to talk into existence, encourage, etc. Few teams have aroused the national media ire of this one- Wilbon, Greggggggggg E. have both been very outspoken of their not being down with this crew.

I could go on about this shit literally all night...football has taken over my life, and seriously, I've probably spent more time working on this game this week that I've spen with my wife. So, the fact I have too much too say, and my thoughts may seem overly sensitive or disjointed should all be diseregarded.

Sort of...

• If the NFL still had men instead of prima donnas, Brady would already be on crutches.

• Sho' nuff, but in my more sensitive moments, it definitely feels like something that folks are trying to talk into existence, encourage, etc. Few teams have aroused the national media ire of this one- Wilbon, Greggggggggg E. have both been very outspoken of their not being down with this crew.

I could go on about this shit literally all night...football has taken over my life, and seriously, I've probably spent more time working on this game this week that I've spen with my wife. So, the fact I have too much too say, and my thoughts may seem overly sensitive or disjointed should all be diseregarded.

Sort of...

Bring it man...I dig the banter and insight.

I can't write off the Peyton an 'em. Which defense is gonna get stops? I could see it going any way at this point. Can't wait. Don't sleep on Saints/Jags for the warm-up!

• Don't sleep on Saints/Jags for the warm-up!

RAEL TALK. Seriously. This could be a very good weekend for NFL football. We're getting to that point in the season where it's becoming clear which teams are bogus and which teams are

chiefs-packers... titans-panthers... saints-jags... lions-broncos... browns-seahawks... all of those games are looking better right now than they would have if they were playing a few weeks ago. cowboys-eagles is gonna be the perfect capper to a potentially great day of football, especially when the birds whup the azzes of those dallas romosexuals

guess it's britney now, huh, tony? oops, i did it again...

WHERE YOU AT, ROCKADELIC??? IT'S ALMOST TIME

WHERE YOU AT, ROCKADELIC??? IT'S ALMOST TIME

Let's do this.....Sunday will be Donovan McSack Night

AVATARS, RAERS, DEAD PRESIDENTS, EDIBLES, YOU NAME IT PHILLY PHILL

• WHERE YOU AT, ROCKADELIC??? IT'S ALMOST TIME

Let's do this.....Sunday will be Donovan McSack Night

AVATARS, RAERS, DEAD PRESIDENTS, EDIBLES, YOU NAME IT PHILLY PHILL

avatars will be fine (make that avatars and locations- for a month)... i really don't need anything other than the joy of seeing philly bastinado those cowbeeches and send their azzes back to brokeback mountain or wherever the hell they hail from

"awww, tony... what's the matter? what happened?"
    "sniff.. sniff... it.. it was the eagles... th-th-they took my manhood!"

CRY NOW... CRY LATER[/b]

• I got the Eagles for the season save this weekend. Homefield.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Don't sleep on Saints/Jags for the warm-up!

RAEL TALK. Seriously. This could be a very good weekend for NFL football. We're getting to that point in the season where it's becoming clear which teams are bogus and which teams are

chiefs-packers... titans-panthers... saints-jags... lions-broncos... browns-seahawks... all of those games are looking better right now than they would have if they were playing a few weeks ago. cowboys-eagles is gonna be the perfect capper to a potentially great day of football, especially when the birds whup the azzes of those dallas romosexuals

Don't forget about Pittsburgh/Baltimore Monday night. Although, all these great games means there's also a bunch of horrible games: niners-falcons, skins-jets, texans-oakland, cinci-buffalo. I feel for those in the Houston & Oakland areas on Sunday when their game will most likely be shown on CBS instead of Indy/Pats.

• folls be scared to make picks on this forum... all the experts come out AFTER the fact. for once let your nuts sag and state who's gonna win the game of the millenium before it actually gets played. lets see how many step up to the challenge

i'm rooting for the colts but i gotta keep it real... PATS 48 COLTS 24. Dominant performance by the Bellicheats. They will be trying to make a statement today and I don't think the Colts have the power to stop this force of nature.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Redskins
    Titans (Carolina covers the spread)
    Cardinals
    Bengals
    Lions
    Jags
    Chargers
    Falcons
    texans
    Eagles
    Steelers
    Packers
    Cleve/Seattle = game of the day

Colts 27-23

• Hey, Phill, Indy has one of the best pass defenses due to their team speed. I'll be crazy and say this will be a relatively low-scoring game -- no more than 24 for each team. It'll come down to the running games, I think. Indy prevails iin that regard.

Indy 24 and NE 21.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    home team; the good guys win today.

• Hey, Phill, Indy has one of the best pass defenses due to their team speed. I'll be crazy and say this will be a relatively low-scoring game -- no more than 24 for each team. It'll come down to the running games, I think. Indy prevails iin that regard.

Indy 24 and NE 21.

Hmmm... you definitely have a point there, Mad Drama Teacher. Indy is actually #1 in pass defense right now. I'm really hoping that the Colts pass defense plus their ability to control the ball with Addai will be enough to keep the Pats' offense from scoring like they've done in every other game this season. For some reason, though, I just have a feeling NE is gonna score early and often, which is gonna put the Colts on their heels and leave them pretty much demoralized for the remainder of the game. Think last season's AFC title game, but without the Indy comeback.

• if it comes to a battle of running games, Colts win.

But, I don't see that happening. Pats go up early, Cots have to go one dimensional, Peyton eventually makes a mistake, and Pats salt the game away.

• Vikings look like a real team here...

• Adrian Peterson =

I knew he was gonna be great in the pros back when he was a freshman at Oklahoma, but this dude has already surpassed my expectations. AD is this era's Jim Brown, for real... a superhuman playing among mere mortals. Unbelievable.

and another note from the same game: Philip Rivers is GARBAGE.

• and another note from the same game: Philip Rivers is GARBAGE.

Yeah...his fall back to earth has been precipitous to say the least.

AD is nextfuckinglevel for sure.

And, how about them Lions? I know the Broncos suck this year, but damn. That is a SERIOUS number. Were they running it up?????

• I knew they'd be good this year, but not with this kind of record!

The Vikings suck. I knew they'd win this game. SD had to travel, play at noon, and the day after daylight savings time, no less. They essentially played an 11 o'clock game.

The Viqueens will still manage to fuck it all up. They used to have Randy Moss, the greatest WR of his generation, too, and look what happened...

• Questionable pass interference call on Hobbs' there, for the Colts largest gain of the day.

This has been an interesting game, so far...

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

and another note from the same game: Philip Rivers is GARBAGE.

Yeah...his fall back to earth has been precipitous to say the least.

AD is nextfuckinglevel for sure.

And, how about them Lions? I know the Broncos suck this year, but damn. That is a SERIOUS number. Were they running it up?????

The critique on Rivers is a tad bit harsh, insofar as his O-line was garbage today and he was rushed on just about every pass. The Chargers' offense depends on the run and since that was shut down, they couldn't get anything going.

Just wait until Rivers gets the chemistry going with the new WR Chambers -- shit will be .

But yeah Adrian Peterson looked like the second coming of Jim Brown.

• Ooooofface for days on that play.

NE's tackling has been suspect all year. As Marion Barber, Ronnie Brown, and now Addai can atest.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    home team; the good guys addai won the first half[/b] today.

OK Philly Phill....

Just so you know what the stakes are.

ROMOSEXUAL

• The Colts D looks better than the Pats by a long shot.

Addai is the best runner on the field.

And the Referees are atrocious. And, before some mouth breather says some shit about, "Your just complaining because your team is losing.' No. I am complaining because they are getting in the way of a hell of a football game between two good teams. I was nervous as soon as I read that there would be a first year referee working this game, and they have not dissapointed.