NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    If the Mavs had faced anyone else in the playoffs besides the Warriors they would have gone far. It was just their bad luck because it was the worst match-up they could find both in terms of players and mentally because the Warriors came in thinking they owned the Mavs and they did. Likewise, the Warriors would've been smashed on the boards and in the paint by any other top ranked team if it wasn't Dallas as happened against Utah in the second round.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Check out where the experts lined up Dallas in the predictions. I, ofcourse, along with some of you, completely disagree. This is their year. Their starting five is still ridiculous. Unless the Kobe trade goes through, it's this year or nothing.

ESPN 07-08 Preview

Now you know why Amare calls him the Beast. I have to agree. Now if he had an ego as big as Shaq's, then we might see a second coming in Orlando.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Now you know why Amare calls him the Beast. I have to agree. Now if he had an ego as big as Shaq's, then we might see a second coming in Orlando.

They still need a dominant guard in Orlando. That backcourt of theirs is soft shell crab.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Headline: "Bulls' Wallace, Thomas, Noah hurt in exhibition win."

Not expected to be serious injuries but:

• Noah's been hurt more than he's played/practiced thus far.

Noah's been hurt more than he's played/practiced thus far.

Really? I haven't paid that close attention to the preseason but everytime I tuned in, he seemed to be playing. At least compared to some of the other Bulls: Ben Gordon, Joe Smith and Adrian Griffin have barely played.

And, in other news, Michael Sweetney still doesn't have a team.

• I'm just talking shit. He was injured over the summer before he even practiced. The only other thing I've heard about him since he was drafted is injury. Did he look good when you saw him play?

And, in other news, Michael Sweetney still doesn't have a team.

Does he deserve one?

I'm just talking shit. He was injured over the summer before he even practiced. The only other thing I've heard about him since he was drafted is injury. Did he look good when you saw him play?

He looks a little shaky around the basket. His offensive moves still leave A LOT to be desired, but he seems pretty fast and plays with a lot of effort. Actually one of their second round picks, Aaron Gray, looks like a decent offensive weapon.

I think the Bulls will be OK up front with various combinations of: Wallace, Thomas (probably the two starters), Smith, Gray and Berzerker Nocioni. Overall, their big guys will be better than last year, I think.

Sweetney -- I am reluctant to make yet another "Sweets" joke, but if the guy was in better shape, probably "yes" -- he's a pretty good post player but pretty slow and also undersized.

I think the Bulls will be OK up front with various combinations of: Wallace, Thomas (probably the two starters), Smith, Gray and Berzerker Nocioni. Overall, their big guys will be better than last year, I think.

Somebody has to learn how to score down low in Chicago. If not, its gonna be the same ole shit.

Coulda/Woulda/Shoulda.....

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    just popped up on truehoop. new converse/d-wade commercial. i think it's pretty good.

maybe this should go in the shoe thread.

They still need a dominant guard in Orlando. That backcourt of theirs is soft shell crab.

One of the experts was talking about this being Jameer Nelson's breakout season. We'll see. Haven't watched enough of the dude to truly speak, but he kinda reminds me of Damon Stoudamire (ofcourse, not as good yet).

One of the experts was talking about this being Jameer Nelson's breakout season. We'll see. Haven't watched enough of the dude to truly speak, but he kinda reminds me of Damon Stoudamire (ofcourse, not as good yet).

He playing for his starting spot right now, cause they know he's a defensive liability and is not the greatest assist man for his height.
    Stoudamire had a decent/dependable jump shot in his day.

During NBA TV's pre-season show, 2 or 3 guys predicted that Chicago would get to the Championshp this year. Where they would either lose to the suns or spurs!

During NBA TV's pre-season show, 2 or 3 guys predicted that Chicago would get to the Championshp this year. Where they would either lose to the Suns or Spurs!

Are the Bulls better this year?
    The Pistons are one year older & unmotivated.
    Did the Cavs knock them out last year?

I don't see the Bulls making the Championships. They're too perimeter oriented on offense unless Tomas suddenly turns into a legit low post player. And yeah, the Cavs beat Detroit. Speaking of which, the Cavs aren't going to do shit either until they sign their two bench players, the Brazilian and Serb guys who I can't remember thier names right now.

He playing for his starting spot right now, cause they know he's a defensive liability and is not the greatest assist man for his height.
    Stoudamire had a decent/dependable jump shot in his day.

Yup, might mouse was a straight baller. AND he liked to light up an L!

I don't see the Bulls making the Championships. They're too perimeter oriented on offense unless Tomas suddenly turns into a legit low post player. And yeah, the Cavs beat Detroit. Speaking of which, the Cavs aren't going to do shit either until they sign their two bench players, the Brazilian and Serb guys who I can't remember thier names right now.

The Cavs' trip to the Finals was an anomoly. The East was in transition. Wade was injured.
    Detroit imploded and had lost Big Ben which was a major blow to their success.
    Indiana gutted itself. The Nets lost Nenad Krystic.

The Cavs snuck into the Finals. And yeah Pavlovic & Verajao were key role players.

When these muthafuckas get knocked out in the second round all the new dickriders are gonna wonder what the fuck happened to LeBoring and Chopper Bunch.
    On the "positive" side. If Booby continues to develop into that dude. And Larry Hughes gets the monkey off his back and provides 17 points per, Gooden does his thang, that little playoff experience, plus their Defense could go along way.

Nice.

U need to do a team by team breakdown separatedby Coasts.

Nice.

U need to do a team by team breakdown separatedby Coasts.

Gimme League Pass, more time, some tickets to the MidWest/NorthEast, and a press pass, and I can provide you with that.

The Cavs' trip to the Finals was an anomoly. The East was in transition. Wade was injured.

The Cavs snuck into the Finals. And yeah Pavlovic & Verajao were key role players.

When these muthafuckas get knocked out in the second round all the new dickriders are gonna wonder what the fuck happened to LeBoring and Chopper Bunch.
    On the "positive" side. If Booby continues to develop into that dude. And Larry Hughes gets the monkey off his back and provides 17 points per, Gooden does his thang, that little playoff experience, plus their Defense could go along way.

An NBA scout said that Hughes would be better as a 6th man than a starter. He's got a lotta talent, but it just hasn't developed into anything special.

Plus on that NBA TV preview they said the East got A LOT better and the Cavs got worse, ie haven't signed two key bench players, plus didn't make any other real changes.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Pistons are one year older & unmotivated.

You sound uninformed.

Seriously, the Pistons are D-E-E-P this year. Most thorough team in the East. The next starting five will be coming off the bench:

Stuckey
    Afflalo
    Samb
    Maxiell
    A. Johnson

All names you'll be familiar with come the bulk of this season. The currents starters are motivated by the fact that they'll be competiting for PT with the new talent. That was Joe D's proclaimation soon as the Cavs series ended.

An NBA scout said that Hughes would be better as a 6th man than a starter. He's got a lotta talent, but it just hasn't developed into anything special.

Plus on that NBA TV preview they said the East got A LOT better and the Cavs got worse, ie haven't signed two key bench players, plus didn't make any other real changes.

He's a good player, but he can't seem to find his niche on the court.

Its a tuff call. They tried to get Bibby. They also probably figure they dont have to really make any real big changes since they waltzed into the Finals. If any thing- lets say they dont resign the role players and dont make it to the Finals. Will they have a gang of money to sign one of the free agents comin out next year?

Agent Zero?

Stuckey
    Afflalo
    Samb
    Maxiell
    A. Johnson

Rookies to the Finals?

Maxiell is at max a bench player.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Stuckey
    Afflalo
    Samb
    Maxiell
    A. Johnson

Rookies to the Finals?

Put Detroit v. Boston in the East Finals and see what a "bench" do.

Stuckey
    Afflalo
    Samb
    Maxiell
    A. Johnson

Rookies to the Finals?

Your swag would be nothing in the West, biyotch! I am kidding, I agree, Detroit will be good this year. Very good.

troof

That's if have them in the ECF.