NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

I think Noah is a good hustle player and rebounder but he's playing the same kind of game that they already have. They need a real low post guy because otherwise it's all jump shooters. Thomas might get a little post game, but I don't think Noah will ever develop one. He'll be like the second coming of Tyson Chandler where his entire offense will consist of offensive put backs and dunks.

I expect an eventual 12-15 points a game.

That's about what Chandler averages now. It took him a couple season to work up to that. Without actually taking the time to look up his stats I think he started off averaging around 6-9 ppg for a couple seasons, probably around what Noah will do.

Anyone remember what Noah's jump shot looks like? It is truly one of the ugliest things I have ever seen and he rarely makes it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

To Philly for Kyle Korver/Sam Dalembert/Andre Iguodola

plaese be sirius.

Memphis for Mike Miller/Rudy Gay/Pau Gasol

Kobe would veto this trade.

Bulls for Ben Gordon/Luol Deng/Joachim Noah

Bulls aren't going to trade Deng...but if the Lakers and Bulls have shitty records by the All Star break.. Kobe & some garbage like Vuichic or Cook will probably end up in Chicago with Gordan,Noah,Hinrich,#1 pick going to L.A

Indy for Jermaine O'Neal/Jamal Tinsley/Danny Granger

Who in L.A would pay to see this ?

Atlanta for Josh Smith/Al Horford/Acie Law

Dude.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I don't know, man. From what I've been reading, Buss is talkin' Deng is a must + a package, and the Bulls are having none of that nonsense. Deng is too valuable to their franchise right now.
    I think it will die off exactly like the Marion talks did a couple weeks ago.

• I think Noah is a good hustle player and rebounder but he's playing the same kind of game that they already have. They need a real low post guy because otherwise it's all jump shooters. Thomas might get a little post game, but I don't think Noah will ever develop one. He'll be like the second coming of Tyson Chandler where his entire offense will consist of offensive put backs and dunks.

That's about what Chandler averages now. It took him a couple season to work up to that. Without actually taking the time to look up his stats I think he started off averaging around 6-9 ppg for a couple seasons, probably around what Noah will do.

Anyone remember what Noah's jump shot looks like? It is truly one of the ugliest things I have ever seen and he rarely makes it.

Again, not arguing these points, but who's to say you can't win this way? How much more low-post scoring did the championship winning Pistons (of a few years ago) have than the current Bulls? Do you consider Sheed a "low-post scorer"?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I don't know, man. From what I've been reading, Buss is talkin' Deng is a must + a package, and the Bulls are having none of that nonsense. Deng is too valuable to their franchise right now.
    I think it will die off exactly like the Marion talks did a couple weeks ago.

I agree. Buss is an idiot if he thinks he's gonna be able to pry away the heart and soul of this rejuvenated young squad.

• Doesn't it kinda feel like if LA was really going to do something with Kobe, they'd have already done it instead of waiting til pre-season is already underway? I think Kobe is staying put for this season. If he moves, I think it will more likely be closer to the next draft.

Doesn't it kinda feel like if LA was really going to do something with Kobe, they'd have already done it instead of waiting til pre-season is already underway? I think Kobe is staying put for this season. If he moves, I think it will more likely be closer to the next draft.

Very likely. But at the same time, it seems Buss is starting to give in. Anything can happen still. Absolutely would not mind seeing Kobe on a team with championship hopes.

• I'd just like to see him play with somebody who can compliment him so we can see a more dynamic performance. He's too good to be the only all star on the team.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I think Noah is a good hustle player and rebounder but he's playing the same kind of game that they already have. They need a real low post guy because otherwise it's all jump shooters. Thomas might get a little post game, but I don't think Noah will ever develop one. He'll be like the second coming of Tyson Chandler where his entire offense will consist of offensive put backs and dunks.

Again, not arguing these points, but who's to say you can't win this way? How much more low-post scoring did the championship winning Pistons (of a few years ago) have than the current Bulls? Do you consider Sheed a "low-post scorer"?

Yes. Sheed has an Inside and Outside game. Ben Wallace was doin thedirty work w/ Prince & Billups who both can post up. This was the Brilliant Larry Brown Haffcourt offense that got easy buckets along w/ healthy perimeter play.
    Detroit had way more In the paint numbers than these current Bulls.

NONE of the Bulls are productive in the POst. NONE. Unless u count Joe Smith's output.

I'd just like to see him play with somebody who can compliment him so we can see a more dynamic performance. He's too good to be the only all star on the team.

Kobe is the only player in the league who has a Veto-trade clause in his contract.
    Dude is not going to a team that guts itself to accommadate him.
    Why go to the Bulls w/ No Hinrich.

Wallace
    Thomas/Noah
    Deng
    K.O.B.E.
    Hinrich

Cool but that's still weak IMO.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'd just like to see him play with somebody who can compliment him so we can see a more dynamic performance. He's too good to be the only all star on the team.

Kobe is the only player in the league who has a Veto-trade clause in his contract.

Wallace
    Thomas/Noah
    Deng
    K.O.B.E.
    Hinrich

In this scenario who did the Bulls give up to get KOBE??

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Wallace
    Thomas/Noah
    Deng
    K.O.B.E.
    Hinrich

Dickey Simpkins.

And Jo Jo English.

Wallace
    Thomas/Noah
    Deng
    K.O.B.E.
    Hinrich

Oof...Nocioni/Gordon/Shefelosha/Duhan????

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Buss' real problem is thinkin that Bynum will become Tim Duncan.

Buss' real problem is thinkin that Bynum will become Tim Duncan.

There you have it. We still have Sasha Vujacic, Radmanovic, Chris Mihm, and Brian Cook. All one-dimensional players with limited potential. I really do think the Lakers would be better off with say a veteran from the D-league.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Suns gonna win the Pacific Division again. Best believe it.

You have low standards. Dudes should be goin for the whole chip this year.
    THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

This will be the Mav fan's mantra this season.

Rock,

I rode for y'all last season. This year I cant rep y'all anymore.
    Dallas is gonna have to prove alot of shit the the entire L.

Rock,

I rode for y'all last season. This year I cant rep y'all anymore.
    Dallas is gonna have to prove alot of shit the the entire L.

I hear ya and totally understand.

It's put up or shut up time.

Avery's second year.....we'll see what he's learned.

I really think he's a factor. Dude really didnt have to "earn his stripes".
    He inherited a good team from Nelson and only incorporated "defense" into the program. I hope, despite the Nelson spanking he received, he can bring his Playoff coaching steez to the next level and not be "Re-active" instead of "Pro-active." As much as we celebrate the whole Lil General thang he still was only a couple of years removed from runnin laps.

He inherited a good team from Nelson and only incorporated "defense" into the program. I hope, despite the Nelson spanking he received, he can bring his Playoff coaching steez to the next level and not be "Re-active" instead of "Pro-active." As much as we celebrate the whole Lil General thang he still was only a couple of years removed from runnin laps.

Agreed....he had the Mavs playing at a level last year for about 2 months when they could have beat anyone.....he has to harness that at the end of the season rather than earlier.

Agreed....he had the Mavs playing at a level last year for about 2 months when they could have beat anyone.....he has to harness that at the end of the season rather than earlier.

True.

Dude had Phoenix & San Antonio shook. Could run or slow bang w/ anybody.
    But I still think a Low Post threat is needed. If they think they can do the same ole thang as last year.....

They will if tonight is any indication of what regular or post season is gonna be like. Oh they just started shooting under 70% from the arc tonite lol.

PHX 95 JAZZ 61, 4TH QUARTER IS JUST GETTING STARTED.

BEST BELIEVE IT.

DID I MENTION THEY DON'T HAVE STAT RIGHT NOW????? YOU HEARD RIGHT. AMARE STILL OUT ON THAT LIL FRAGMENT SURGERY.

JEAHHHH!! Even Marcus Banks has been stepping it up in the post-season. Sean Marks making some tremendous progress, what????

hey will if tonight is any indication of what regular or post season is gonna be like. Oh they just started shooting under 70% from the arc lol. PHX 95 JAZZ 61, 4TH QUARTER IS JUST GETTING STARTED.
    BEST BELIEVE IT.
    DID I MENTION THEY DON'T HAVE STAT RIGHT NOW????? YOU HEARD RIGHT. STILL OUT ON THAT LIL FRAGMENT SURGERY.
    JEAHHHH!! Even Marcus Banks has been stepping it up this year. Sean Marks, what????

Judging your team by the Pre-season...........

dude 97 to 75, 4th quater hasn't started

I AM A CITIZEN OF PLANET ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude had Phoenix & San Antonio shook. Could run or slow bang w/ anybody.
    But I still think a Low Post threat is needed. If they think they can do the same ole thang as last year.....

I swear I saw the O'brien trophy as their stocking stuffer!

dude 97 to 75, 4th quater hasn't started

I AM A CITIZEN OF PLANET ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

PRE-SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!!!!