NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the bulls are going to hang on to deng. i think if something like that did go down though, tyrus thomas' name would come up before noah. scott skiles has a history of influencing the front offices into screwing over the newbies that are talented in favor of the ones that will suck.

This starting 5 looks good to me...

Kirk Hinrich
    Kobe
    Andres Nocioni
    Ben Wallace
    Tyrus Thomas

It does look like a good lineup, I just think that Chicago wouldn't get rid of Deng- he is absolutely essential to their offensive game plan, and a well rounded player at a very young age. He doesn't commit those "I'm still kinda new" monumental fuck ups at all. He's like Skiles little basketball dream personified.

Unfortunately for my overall life enjoyment, I don't see Skiles starting Thomas for at least another season in any variation of a Chicago lineup. I seriously want to beat that man.

• Owner speak. No way Buss is dealing Kobe after dealing Shaq. All those names look good from a basketball standpoint, but none of those cats are even half the box office draw Kobe is.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Owner speak. No way Buss is dealing Kobe after dealing Shaq. All those names look good from a basketball standpoint, but none of those cats are even half the box office draw Kobe is.

Dirk in Lakers Purple?

• I'm taking the Cavs down as my EC favorite and putting the Bulls up there. Noah made quite the impression in his early PS action. Like I said around the draft, great pick for the Bulls. Noah and Thomas are gonna be terrorizing fools this year. I'm not anticipating big numbers mind you, but big energy and intensity. Plus they got Big Ben? It's gonna be ferocious in the paint.

I'm taking the Cavs down as my EC favorite and putting the Bulls up there. Noah made quite the impression in his early PS action. Like I said around the draft, great pick for the Bulls. Noah and Thomas are gonna be terrorizing fools this year. I'm not anticipating big numbers mind you, but big energy and intensity. Plus they got Big Ben? It's gonna be ferocious in the paint.

None of them can score. That been the problem. NO low post scoring.

• Owner speak. No way Buss is dealing Kobe after dealing Shaq. All those names look good from a basketball standpoint, but none of those cats are even half the box office draw Kobe is.

Dirk in Lakers Purple?

If you guys are the barometer, Dirk is only a slightly better draw than Danny Schayes.

Dirk and Josh *might* get you close to something the Lakers would consider. It's all fantasy talk though. Kobe is too valuable $$$$$$ wise.

• I'm taking the Cavs down as my EC favorite and putting the Bulls up there. Noah made quite the impression in his early PS action. Like I said around the draft, great pick for the Bulls. Noah and Thomas are gonna be terrorizing fools this year. I'm not anticipating big numbers mind you, but big energy and intensity. Plus they got Big Ben? It's gonna be ferocious in the paint.

Can't argue that.

Is that really that big of a problem in the modern game, with what, MAYBE 8 true 5s? I think you need just enough scoring down low to keep teams honest. But yeah, all three of them dudes will need someone to set them up down low. So much raw athleticism though. It's gonna be real fun to watch.

Owner speak. No way Buss is dealing Kobe after dealing Shaq. All those names look good from a basketball standpoint, but none of those cats are even half the box office draw Kobe is.

Dirk in Lakers Purple?

If you guys are the barometer, Dirk is only a slightly better draw than Danny Schayes.

Dirk and Josh *might* get you close to something the Lakers would consider. It's all fantasy talk though. Kobe is too valuable $$$$$$ wise.

Well Buss obviously wont build around Kobe so he should trade before his game starts to slip.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

An admission that Dirk < 1/2 Kobe?

• Well Buss obviously wont build around Kobe

No doubt. They've really done nothing. They'll need internal improvement from their cadre of youngsters.

• Dirk and Josh *might* get you close to something the Lakers would consider. It's all fantasy talk though. Kobe is too valuable $$$$$$ wise.

An admission that Dirk < 1/2 Kobe?

Marketing-wise, it's a no brainer. That was the recurring theme. The insightful reader would pick up on the point being made about gross overcompensation being the only way to pry Kobe out of L.A.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the bulls are going to hang on to deng. i think if something like that did go down though, tyrus thomas' name would come up before noah. scott skiles has a history of influencing the front offices into screwing over the newbies that are talented in favor of the ones that will suck.

This starting 5 looks good to me...

Kirk Hinrich
    Kobe
    Andres Nocioni
    Ben Wallace
    Tyrus Thomas

Still no low post scorer unless Thomas emerges this year. Or Joe Smith can contribute 15 points per.

According to JimBeam, Tyrus Thomas is gonna be a monster this year.

I hope Kobe goes elsewhere. Buss family was EXTREMELY LUCKY to have Jerry West. They seem to know close to nothing about basketball. Defending Mitch Kupchak and his inadequate son in today's LA Times, on some "I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. Kupchak, was responsible for going after Andrew Bynum, blah blah".

The Lakers have a long, dark road ahead. Everyone knows that potential talent doesn't win you ball games. Proven talent does. Get the hell out of there KB, while your play still means something!

It's a new day in the NBA thread!
    Basketball knowledge based upon knowledge of the game, unaffected by nuzzled-nut-heat induced brain droppings!
    Pay attention young lad, we are on the cusp of greatness!

and i said he'd be a "sleeper" for fantasy ball. he'll put up higher numbers than people expect him to. I don't know about "monster"-- but it's all subjective...

It's a new day in the NBA thread!

Basketball knowledge based upon knowledge of the game, unaffected by nuzzled-nut-heat induced brain droppings!
    Pay attention young lad, we are on the cusp of greatness!

and i said he'd be a "sleeper" for fantasy ball. he'll put up higher numbers than people expect him to. I don't know about "monster"-- but it's all subjective...

This goes out to everyone else. Please keep that fantasy bullshit to yourselves.

• This goes out to everyone else. Please keep that fantasy bullshit to yourselves.

Or you could just deal. It's an offshoot of the game that some here enjoy.

I thought your blog was "fantasy basketball"?

Please keep that fantasy bullshit to yourselves.

2 different realms.

Noah/Thomas/Smith will man the 4 spot along Nocioni who sometimes slides over.

One of these dudes are gonna have to step up cause Ben Wallace wont ever get an O.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This goes out to everyone else. Please keep that fantasy bullshit to yourselves.

You doubt that our dude has the mental agility to come off the cuff with such witticisms as "Just shut up and play!" and that he could do so only in some imagined alternate reality?

correction: it's a fan-ta-ta-seeeeeeee! basketball blog

*swoon!*

Didn't Drew create another thread dedicated to that?

you'd post in it regardless, right?

Says JimBeam! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA.

The only time I posted in it was last year, when I said I don't have the time commitment or patience to learn that shit.

Says JimBeam! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA.

The only time I posted in it was last year, when I said I don't have the time commitment or patience to learn that shit.
    b/w
    adding is hard

• Thread nazis.

Noah/Thomas/Smith will man the 4 spot
    not in that order, i hope.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I think that will be the EXACT order

Smith(veteran footwork)/Thomas(athletic monster)/Noah(defense)

Smith(veteran footwork)/Thomas(athletic monster)/Noah(defense)

I watched Noah the other night and he had more "O" than I gave him credit for.

I think he'll be starting.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm taking the Cavs down as my EC favorite and putting the Bulls up there. Noah made quite the impression in his early PS action. Like I said around the draft, great pick for the Bulls. Noah and Thomas are gonna be terrorizing fools this year. I'm not anticipating big numbers mind you, but big energy and intensity. Plus they got Big Ben? It's gonna be ferocious in the paint.

Can't argue that.

Is that really that big of a problem in the modern game, with what, MAYBE 8 true 5s? I think you need just enough scoring down low to keep teams honest. But yeah, all three of them dudes will need someone to set them up down low. So much raw athleticism though. It's gonna be real fun to watch.

I think Noah is a good hustle player and rebounder but he's playing the same kind of game that they already have. They need a real low post guy because otherwise it's all jump shooters. Thomas might get a little post game, but I don't think Noah will ever develop one. He'll be like the second coming of Tyson Chandler where his entire offense will consist of offensive put backs and dunks.

I think Noah is a good hustle player and rebounder but he's playing the same kind of game that they already have. They need a real low post guy because otherwise it's all jump shooters. Thomas might get a little post game, but I don't think Noah will ever develop one. He'll be like the second coming of Tyson Chandler where his entire offense will consist of offensive put backs and dunks.

I expect an eventual 12-15 points a game.