Amy Winehose- graetest white chick EVER???

14567810»

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    from an Amy Crackhouse thread from a couple o' months ago...

the graetest EVER

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    from an Amy Crackhouse thread from a couple o' months ago...

the graetest EVER

no one answered this question last time...is this fo' real?!?!

as i was typing this and on the news I just heard that a family just named their child "4real".

weird.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    did the teef problem happen during rehab??

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "4real".

For real?

"4real".

For real?

faux rill!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    "4real".

For real?

faux rill!

yeah...4real!
    http://www.parentdish.com/2007/06/20/no-joke-baby-named-4-real/

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    now is the toofs 4 real??????

answer me!!

you 's

• pha-reel!

now is the toofs 4 real??????

answer me!!

you 's

RAEL

• Yeah that has to be a real picture, you can see the inside of her gum where the tooh was most likely pulled out. Otherwise it's a super photoshop job.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    and she's married? wow.

isnt there a lyric that she say's "while I suck my teeth.."?

no , for Ms. Winehouse, no

i mean, i really dont know but she's obviously a hag... bad drug habits and missing toofus go together

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i mean, i really dont know but she's obviously a hag... bad drug habits and missing toofus go together

yeah...and she's Brit--ash...

i actually don't mind her voice,but I can not stand Fuck Me Pumps...nails on a chalkboard.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo Luck,

Did you send me this email today?

"You must be off your trolley if you think Amy winehoues is soulful. She cant sing- she sounds like Anne off Little Britain. Wine- she certainly does. How she has managed to get so much air play and promotion is a mystery- or is it?"

Seems to me, there's a whole lot of similarities in both your rants.

And, oh yeah:

I saw her perform on MTV last night and she has a great voice!

Were you drinking a delicious Coca-Cola??? and wearing a sweeet Nike??? tee-shirt at the same time? Were you lounging in your Lay-Z-Boy??? recliner and eating a tasty McDonald's??? hamburger? Was this before or after you took a drive in your Chevrolet??? to your neighborhood Target????
    Kid: take your poor marketing game elsewhere. You are embarassing the rest of Thug Nation 213.

Really:

Winehouse is a half-talented, half-alive, Ross-Make-uped rip-off (see below for proof). Is this what passes for a goddamn singer nowadays? Mavis Staples is still alive, you know.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Yo Luck,

"You must be off your trolley if you think Amy winehoues is soulful. She cant sing- she sounds like Anne off Little Britain. Wine- she certainly does. How she has managed to get so much air play and promotion is a mystery- or is it?"

And, oh yeah:

Oliver - that was not me. I leave my sporadic hyperbolic rants on the board and do not seek out personal vendettas. Sounds like a UK guy to me; Trolley? Chicago hasn't had one of those in a good 50 years. Heh. I don't even know what Little Britain is.

I have no personal hate towards AW or AW fans. I overstate certain things for effect - but shoot - it's only rock 'n' roll.

I hope that I'm not branded as a hateful person by anyone here - especially you. I didn't even read the posts closely enough to know who is and who is not a fan of Winehouse. I just spoke my speak, as it were, and got out.

I do, however, have actual distaste for street teams that drag tired marketing ploys onto our board.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I don't even know what Little Britain is.

WATCH OUT FOR THE POPINS!

My thing is this: I'm extremely on the fence re: Winehouse. Personally, I like her music, I like her voice. I enjoy the songs she puts out. That said, I tend to temper my enthusiasm beyond that so I can't really buy into how others want to anoint her the greatest thing to happen to soul music since whenever.

But likewise, I'm not really feeling the pains to which people want to discredit her success as having nothing to do with either her songwriting and music. I mean, people like her for a reason and you can't really claim, "yo, it's because she's got a hot hook" (or look for that matter). Likewise, I don't trust people who discount race, age and general weirdness as non-factors either but I don't think is THE explanation, just part of it.

Yo Luck,

And, oh yeah:

Oliver - that was not me. I leave my sporadic hyperbolic rants on the board and do not seek out personal vendettas. Sounds like a UK guy to me; Trolley? Chicago hasn't had one of those in a good 50 years. Heh. I don't even know what Little Britain is.

I have no personal hate towards AW or AW fans. I overstate certain things for effect - but shoot - it's only rock 'n' roll.

I hope that I'm not branded as a hateful person by anyone here - especially you. I didn't even read the posts closely enough to know who is and who is not a fan of Winehouse. I just spoke my speak, as it were, and got out.

I do, however, have actual distaste for street teams that drag tired marketing ploys onto our board.

Just to add an example...I REALLY like this song and think most people would as well.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "Rehab" was getting loud play on the block last night. I live up the street from a halfway house, and them folks were FEELING it!

"Rehab" was getting loud play on the block last night. I live up the street from a halfway house, and them folks were FEELING it!

Saying.

(I don't even like that song all that much but shit is catchy).

I just thought it was kind of touching to hear a bunch of battered wives, recovering addicts, and fresh-out-of-jail birds jamming and singing along to "Rehab". They didn't give a shit if she was white or purple.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

lmao!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I've seen this at Best Buy. Will I feel like a chump for spending $12 (plus tax) for this CD?

I just thought it was kind of touching to hear a bunch of battered wives, recovering addicts, and fresh-out-of-jail birds jamming and singing along to "Rehab". They didn't give a shit if she was white or purple.

I don't see race!

It's true, you guys all look quasi-ethnic to me

It's true, you guys all look quasi-ethnic to me

ahahahaahahah....this past week I got asked twice if I was indian or middle eastern. I need to start walking around with a damn donkey and a sarape.

but yo, I prefer "racially ambiguous"

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Oh. I get it. Jesus, I even own those 3 DVD volumes. Legally. Maybe I should have pretended that the poorly-punctuated e-mail was mine in order to save face in the "hip" department.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    A friend of mine played her new record for me a few weeks back and I really liked it. I'm not going to go out and buy it because I don't really buy new records in general (for the simple reason that I already have more records than I am able to listen to plus I have "new" old records coming in all the time). I really did like it though. I also think that she looks great. Everyone can look horrible in a picture. Most celebs are constantly well aware of the fact that any derailed facial expression could immedately be captured by someone and then get used to ridicule them in a tabloid or online. Someone who can effortlessly look as great as Amy does on the "friendlier" pictures but has no fear of or even any regard at all for looking like a mess deserves my full respect. A good friend of mine with a very fine taste in women (amongst other things) has told me about standing next to her when watching some show at a club in London and he said she looked beautiful.

I hope that Gabe, Binky and Neal will get the respect they deserve for their work on this record.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Out of the Hummer in my hood.

I like Winehouse's album. I dont need to own it. I can see why regular folks like it. I can see why heads would reject it. I know she wont do this for 5 albums.

She reminds me of the female Jamiroqui. UK retro blue-eyed soul. alot of media love. But her ascension has been much faster and bloated due to the intranets. Time will tell.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Just to add an example...I REALLY like this song and think most people would as well.

I think she is a good songwriter.

That said I turned of Carla Thomas BABY to listen to this. I will not make that mistake again.

But the opening drums made me think, How is Bo Diddley doing now?