DON'T STEP ON MY AIR JORDANS!!!!

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Picked up a pair of Alifes and Hundreds fitted for $60 total! i guess im feeling them. not really my steez though

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Got these for 50 bucks on Ebay. Lebron's kicks from last year's playoffs. Finally copped after wearing out my air uptempos on the concrete.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Copped:

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    take that to the sabatoge thread

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Wouldn't know anything about that. What you know about this:

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    take that to the sabatoge thread

Terrible thread.

Wouldn't know anything about that. What you know about this:

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why are people so obsessed with infrared 90's/hybrids?

dudes who were too young to rock them but now can. or geeks that are stuck in the 90's steez.

Im not obssessed a sneakerhead but those Air Trainers are heat.

Fusk an Air MAX.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

dudes who were too young to rock them but now can. or geeks that are stuck in the 90's steez.

Im not obssessed a sneakerhead but those Air Trainers are heat.

Fusk an Air MAX.

That was a super-classic colorway. Never owned it.

Unfortunately that shoe doesn't exist (hopefully, that will be rectified in the future). It's a conceptual collab between +41 and Cellophane.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Gucci and Prada were using the same type of patent leather (and elastic) wide straps on their heels two seasons ago. like that sneakers are taking cues from heels.

Patent leather on b-ball shoes have been used for a while....probably around the 90s with the Jordan XI's or something.

That up there is Kanye's shoe though, so yea, he probably added some of that high fashion element into it.

Gucci and Prada were using the same type of patent leather (and elastic) wide straps on their heels two seasons ago. like that sneakers are taking cues from heels.

The OG of the one-strap.

Reebok Alien Stomper that the Crew on ALIENS wore. Japan only release in the 80s.

plus...

Kanye West: MC, Producer, Hypebeast: I???ve always stressed my passion for design???and not just, ???Oh, let me throw my name on this,??? but to use my celebrity as an opportunity to jump into the design world???and in this case, to design my own shoe.

Mark Smith: Creative Dir. of Special Projects, Nike: I don???t really put my life in dates in a normal way. [Laughs.] So I couldn???t even say when everything went down, but one day I got a call asking me if I would work with Kanye on the project.

Kanye West: It was after the Air Force 1 ???1 Night Only??? event [in December 2006]. I sat there and drew countless forms of shoes, and a lot of them were inspired by Back to the Future, by the McFlys or whatever people call them???I just call them the Mags. All kinds of different ideas that stemmed from that and Robotech and all my other anime influences.

Mark Smith: What we wanted to do was really create something that was specific and unique to the two of us working together, so it wasn???t an entourage full of people on either side.

Kanye West: Nike is the No. 1 sneaker lifestyle brand, right? And I???m the No. 1 most influential cutural pop art brand: scarves, beards, plastic glasses, whatever. So you take those two things and you mesh that???it???s very exciting. I???m the Nike of culture.

Mark Smith: He showed me what he was into. I asked him about sneakers that he liked, what he was wearing and why he was wearing them; he???s very up to the minute on what he likes.

Kanye West: I grabbed all these Jordans from their archives, and I???m sitting in the office next to Tinker [Hatfield, Jordan designer] and Mark, just pulling out shit and putting it in front of him like, ???I like this element.??? We just vibed it out.

Mark Smith: He started just dumping stuff out, and I did the same thing. We did it in the Innovation Kitchen???Nike???s underground innovation center where tomorrow???s technologies are kind of getting bubbled up, so he actually was seeing a bunch of stuff that nobody else would see.

Kanye West: The types of shit Nike can do? I say, ???Hey, use this sole,??? and they have it? The possibilities are just endless.

Mark Smith: I always try to look at things through an athlete???s eyes???if you look at a basketball player, his or her performance is on-court in the middle of a game. The equivalent for Kanye would be to get onstage and rock it for a couple of hours. And he goes through a pretty athletic show, so we wanted to make sure these were super-comfortable performance shoes.

Kanye West: Every guy drew Nikes in fourth grade, so to really do it is a dream come true.

Kanye West: I???m aesthetics-first on anything. Even when I make music, I think about the aesthetics: Where will you be when you???re listening to this? Visuals first. I wanted to take the concept of the future pop colors and all this ???80s influence and make it wearable.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I'm pretty sure Kanye has been flossing yeezy prototypes longer than that.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I couldn't find decent pics of the heels online. If you saw what I was talking about, you'd know what I mean. I have no doubt the inspiration comes from many things. Even the green/black/khakigray colours are the same as the Prada heels! Anyway. Thanks for indulging me,

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    EXCELLENT interview with Corgishoe:

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/articles/Corgishoe-Interview/

Really puts things in perspective.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Sold some old shit at a thrift store and lo and behold they had these for $25 lookin next to brand new. Sometimes this store doesn't know what it's sitting on.

Took the leftovers of my profit, walked down to STA and got this:

Got me and the ol lady a couple hot dogs and called it. If that's the kind of day I can have by just selling old shit I might have to step my thrift game up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

NIKE HYPERMAX - Tennis Ball

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Yikes. Those are way, waaaaay too bright for me.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

These are something I can appreciate but I'll let other people wear em.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

just don't start matching with the rest of your outfit.

Word. Tennis Balls. Funny ass name. Dope shoe.

Batmon, fyi, foamposite pearls (champagne tinge) are dropping at House of Hoops on the 23rd.

I'm saving my money for these...

Say what you will, these are limited Gold Medal IV's, and people will line up for them. I probably will too.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    This thread has been closed for comments.[/b]

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

I love em.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I had a pair similar to these when they originally came out... I would've been 19-ish? Have never worn a pair of shoes as comfy since

so I felt there was NO EXCUSE not to buy another pair now they're available again. Just got these:

also feeling these

• Picked these up with at St. Alfred in Wicker Park. I've been meaning to ask if anyone else shops there?

I shop there too. I bought the same kicks at the Nike Outlet on 87th/Cottage Grove for $49.99 a little over a month ago.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    the 09 release of the persian BW is average in all aspects, quality, shape ect, the red black looks great, those hypermax are nice for the younger crew, but that dude needs to step his lacing game up with the quickness!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I copped another pair of the persians so i don't have to wear out my og pair. I wish they'd fix the paint cracking issues though. Mine lasted about 6 wears before they started cracking.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Just got these:

And:

Not a bad day.