The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

Comments

• If they do do a film..I really hope it's a prequel.

I wannna see Dickie Moltisanti.

I wanna see young T and Jackie Aprile hold up Feech's card game.

Shit like that.

• And for you gun dudes...what modifications did Tony make to the AR-10 from when Bobby gave it to him in the first ep to when the gun shows back up in "The Blue Comet" and "Made in America"? He added something to the barrel of the gun or it's a continuity error, one.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

YES.

Janice as a young teenager screwing with all the neighborhood guys (including Richie) could be comedy as well.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    So you're left w/ Tony got clipped by this guy[/b] we've never seen for some reason we'll never know?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    So you're left w/ Tony got clipped by this guy[/b] we've never seen for some reason we'll never know?

Other reports have said that part of the "unaired" scene is that we see him come out of the bathroom and walk towards Tony, thereby upping the stakes of "something is about to go down!" but I think Chase cut it because it was too heavy-handed a gesture (not that he's above heavy-handedness!)

re: Entourage - yeah, I'm not sure when this show lost its way so poorly but it really doesn't know how to balance season-long arcs with mini-single/two episode arcs. The thing with his "hot" manager last season was just dumb and painful.

• So you're left w/ Tony got clipped by this guy[/b] we've never seen for some reason we'll never know?

The "alternate endings were shot" is highly disputed. This guy says "yea". Chase and HBO Suit say "nay". I'm inclined to believe the more regular guy.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

YES.

Janice as a young teenager screwing with all the neighborhood guys (including Richie) could be comedy as well.

I smell spin-off!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• Maaaaaaaaang, David Chase is THAT DUDE!! he's gonna have people talking about this decades to come, did tone DIE or NOT!! I love that it has prompted so much discussion and creative (perhaps maybe insane?) disscusion.

"not my words typed below" i'm lazy, but this guy has the sopranos theories on lockdown.

To those who believe Tony was killed, which I've already said is one of only two solid theories: I know that you can spin this theory forever and lots of details will encourage you. For example, some actors have allegedly said the final scene had the guy coming out of the bathroom and advancing on Tony. Nothing yet about a gun. Nothing about a shooting. Just coming out of the bathroom, moving toward Tony. And others are beginning to comment about the two other alternate (fake?) endings and what they could infer. That's all fine and good. But they didn't happen. Whatever they may show, tell or imply - they didn't make the director's final cut. Maybe Chase even had in his mind that, ala "The Godfather," the guy comes out of the bathroom and kills Tony. That's a big maybe given that it never happened. (Besides, Chase likes to wink at "Godfather" references but I doubt he'd want to steal something and be accused of a lack of imagination.) And if you're into possibilities, consider this: Chase changed his mind in the end to leave everything more nebulous and open to interpretation. It could be that Tony really was going to be shot. But all we know for sure is what we saw. And he's alive. Still, if you like that Tony-is-killed ending, go for it. But where's the motivation? If the guy is not related to Phil (he's not) then who sent him? Butchie had already brokered a peace and the power vacuum in New York doesn't leave a climate for organizing such a hit. And the diner was not Artie Bucco's place. It's not a Soprano hangout. So you have to stretch and believe this guy, who we've never seen before, somehow follows Tony then kills him. Could it happen? Sure, why not. But that dismisses all of Tony's survival skills. Come on! Tony got Phil first, when a ton of people saw it going the other way. Tony's a survivor. If indeed you want to believe that Chase would use a character you've never seen before - not at the New York family hangouts, not flying in from Italy - to walk in on the final scene EVER of "The Sopranos" and cap the lead character without explanation, then so be it.

• Good points.

The bathroom thing is a NOD. So obvious.

How could this mysterious cabal or solo nutjob (Nikki Leotardo? CoCo?) a) find out that the Sopranos are going to Holsten's THAT AFTERNOON and then b) get a gun planted there for another killer by that evening? Shit don't make sense but the stuff YOU DID SEE does.

• tontotonto 7 Posts
    Greetinz...first post. Lovin this thread so I had to comment. I had to chuckle when Phil's SUV pulled up to the gas station and the camera focussed on the FORD symbol...Found On Road Dead! Obvious yet genius. Damn, I'm gonna miss this shit. Gotta check for The Wire now.

• It's all about the 6 seasons of OZ... i'm still playing those from time to time, Don't count HBO down and out, they've been dropping straight heat over a decade now. I'm sure they are already in the works for another huge show like the sopranos/wire/oz/ ect ect.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    john from Cincinatti was touted as the next big one, but its already bombing

the Wire > Sopranos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oz

john from Cincinatti was touted as the next big one, but its already bombing

yeah I was about to say.

if that pathetic show is intended to fill the Sopranos void....

• Dude. Oz was good for about 3 seasons and that was that. When they got into refugees staying at the prison and aging drugs and shit they lost me. Pretty much after Adibisi got offed it went downhill.

When it was on, it was amazing but that was kind of short-lived.

saying. I never even thought it was that fresh. muhfuggin Arliss rates above Oz in my book of HBO shows.

• The Wire vs. The Sopranos is an interesting discussion.

I feel like maybe the Wire is more consistent but the high notes of the Sopranos are stronger and the Sopranos characters made more of an indelible impression on me.

I think it comes down to the fact that the Wire is so amazingly (and refreshingly) dense there is never even time for a mis-step. Everything advances some plot along. Whereas the Sopranos would meander from time to time and fixate on secondary characters perhaps too long. There were definitely a *few* Sopranos episodes that just weren't that good. I can't think of one episode or even a sequence from the Wire that disappointed.

I definitely celebrate them both.

I came to the Wire late. Very late. AS in after Season 4. It was EXTREMELY hyped for me when I broke my cherry. Shit even surpassed those expectations nevertheless.

• saying. I never even thought it was that fresh. muhfuggin Arliss rates above Oz in my book of HBO shows.

GTFOHWTBS. ARLISS???? Hahahahahahahaha. Maybe if Sandra Oh is droppin trou.......

• "First and Ten" motherfuckers, WHAT?!?!

saying. I never even thought it was that fresh. muhfuggin Arliss rates above Oz in my book of HBO shows.

GTFOHWTBS. ARLISS???? Hahahahahahahaha. Maybe if Sandra Oh is droppin trou.......

lol yeah I was exagerrating for the sake of expressing my offense seeing Oz mentioned in even the same soulstrut thread as Wire or Sopranos. Oz can't even see those shows.

• Damn, HBO has had a lot of forgettable comedy series, I remember back in the DREAM ON days.. you got to laugh and see some ass, double whammy. Dennis Miller had a decent run with some half and hour joint back around 1994 also i recall.

dude Mr. Show though was CLASSIC.

• Reminisce on your favorite Sopranos eps.......

Episode 12 was always my shit. Tony snapped out of the depths of depression by a mother and uncle-ordered hit that went awry.

The one where Ralphie gets it was amazing. Imagine you just did all this smack then some dude calls you to come help him cut up and dispose of a body. The last half-hour of that episode is pure Tony and Chris and I always dug that. Just the little things like when Tony goes to show Chris how to use the little Bobcat thing....he's just drivin it puffin on his stoagie grinnin like a little kid.

Pine Barrens. So great.

The one w/ Chrissy's intervention was the shit. "She musta crawled under there for warmth."

Cold Cuts

• dude Mr. Show though was CLASSIC.

To this day.

Van Hammersly dogs!!!!!

Reminisce on your favorite Sopranos eps.......

schitt I gott come back to this thread when I have more time...boss breathing down my neck PASUE.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

i like this guy!

• It's not the scooby doo ending, or the mega happy ending, but..