Hip-Hop is Dead...

1234568»

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i love when keithvanhorn shows his ass in these kinds of threads

yea? the issue i was speaking about is controversial but i was cut off as soon as i introduced the topic. "to what extent does negative hip hop imagery have an effect on today's youth?" the fact that i referred to black kids and not just whites was what brought out the ever-important "who are you to talk about black people" debate. a lot was accomplished.

Please dude.....you went out of your way to single out black & poor kids

Please dude...a) reread what i wrote. i talked about all kids and made specific references to white kids in the suburbs being just as (negatively) effected, if not more; and b) you say "singled out" like that would be a bad thing. i am talking about kids being victims here and the culpability of adults.

Everything you have said thus far in this thread has been irrelevant or a mischaracterization of what i have said. I get your point. You disagree with any point I might make (but have yet to even espouse) because I couldn't possibly have a valid viewpoint since I'm not black. This is typical considering that any thread on soulstrut that involves race becomes an immediate witch hunt. Of course, you gotta cap off every one of these threads with a white dude telling another white guy that he has never been to the ghetto. brilliant.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BAN ERRYBODY!!!!!!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wait, Hip-hop is DEAD?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Feel free to say whatever the hell you want homie...i'm over it

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Is that the scene in your part of the world?

Pretty much everyone I've ever met who was at all deep in the dope game was doing it to feed their kids or their parents.

That selling dope for fun shit is the province of college kids like me that broke even on ounces so we could smoke for free. There's a big difference.

well, yes i am talking about the scene in my part of the world, naturally.

i know of young people deep in the dope game, who don't have kids to support, and they choose this lifestyle cause they are addicted to money and the luxuries that it brings. i'm not talking about ounces. talking bout people who push weight so they can drive beamers and floss in clubs like their favourite rappers. i'm sure there's people like that in your part of the world too.

These folks were born dumbasses and doomed regardless... how is society negatively impacted??

Don't you live in Canada or some shit anyway, ballz?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    keithvanhorn (and ballz): the same argument you're pushing has previously been unsuccessfully applied to blues, rock n roll, punk rock, heavy metal, movies and video games... and all of a sudden after all these decades you guys got it right?? damn....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Is that the scene in your part of the world?

Pretty much everyone I've ever met who was at all deep in the dope game was doing it to feed their kids or their parents.

That selling dope for fun shit is the province of college kids like me that broke even on ounces so we could smoke for free. There's a big difference.

well, yes i am talking about the scene in my part of the world, naturally.

i know of young people deep in the dope game, who don't have kids to support, and they choose this lifestyle cause they are addicted to money and the luxuries that it brings. i'm not talking about ounces. talking bout people who push weight so they can drive beamers and floss in clubs like their favourite rappers. i'm sure there's people like that in your part of the world too.

These folks were born dumbasses and doomed regardless... how is society negatively impacted??

Don't you live in Canada or some shit anyway, ballz?

He mostly lives in his mindgarden.

I don't believe balz can speak with much authority on the state of flossing at the clurb, Canadian or otherwise.

He can straighten you out on the ethics of sampling MP3s, though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Wait, Hip-hop is DEAD?

Yeah man, I heard it on the radio and seen it on the TV show.

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Wait, Hip-hop is DEAD?

Yeah man, I heard it on the radio and seen it on the TV show.

A to the K?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Now thinking about it, is that the proper line? Whatever... it doesn't really matter seeing as hiphop is dead. Time for Trance to get it's shine!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    keithvanhorn (and ballz): the same argument you're pushing has previously been unsuccessfully applied to blues, rock n roll, punk rock, heavy metal, movies and video games... and all of a sudden after all these decades you guys got it right?? damn....

yo dikdug,

i could sit around and argue with you clowns all day. but there's nothing to argue about here. you're talking to a person who's been listening to hiphop all his life. i don't know how you think you can figure out my whole outlook and stance on the subject because i said a few lines about negative influences.

the point of the matter is hip hop has been commercialized to death and redefined for the popular media and the masses. a lot of this includes playing up negative imagery, which has been proven to sell records. that's why people are having this discussion.
    me personally i'm bored with all the same old, same old. and i'm not surprised that sales are declining.
    i don't know where the fuck you're coming from.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I DO IT SLOW, LIKE WHOA
    CANDY PAINT ICED OUT
    LIGHTS OUT.

I'M FLY, YOU NOT (YOU'S A HO, YOU'S A HO)
    MY CHAIN WEIGHS FITTY POUNDS
    (YEAH!....YEA!....YEA!.....YEA!)

FAT THIGHS, BIG EYES, I LIKE 'EM ALL
    YOU SEE THAT BIG GRIN ON MY FACE CUZ
    I BALL
    (BALLIN'!)
    YOU'S A HO, I'M NOT
    YOU'S A KID, I'M NOT
    YOU SEE ME ON DA THE SOURCE EVERYDAY
    CUZ I'M HOT.

I DO IT SLOW, LIKE WHOA
    CANDY PAINT ICED OUT
    LIGHTS OUT.

I BALL
    (BALLIN'!)
    YOU'S A HO, I'M NOT
    YOU'S A KID, I'M NOT
    CUZ I'M HOT.

Nobody's feelin' this?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I DO IT SLOW, LIKE WHOA
    CANDY PAINT ICED OUT
    LIGHTS OUT.

I BALL
    (BALLIN'!)
    YOU'S A HO, I'M NOT
    YOU'S A KID, I'M NOT
    CUZ I'M HOT.

You know shit is bad when I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

I DO IT SLOW, LIKE WHOA
    CANDY PAINT ICED OUT
    LIGHTS OUT.

I BALL
    (BALLIN'!)
    YOU'S A HO, I'M NOT
    YOU'S A KID, I'M NOT
    CUZ I'M HOT.

You know shit is bad when I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

I just dropped a jewel on 'em. Recognize.