Hip-Hop is Dead...

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
Not sure if anyone else caught this, or if thsi has been posted already. if so my bad.Stick a fork in it... Its done. HIP HOP IS DEAD

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Sorry dude, BUT I AM SO SICK OF READING HIP HOP IS DEAD!

bah!

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I know I am more amused that the major media outlets are picking this story up. My pops saw it in his local newspaper and wanted to know if I wanted the article. now CNN.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Sorry dude, BUT I AM SO SICK OF READING HIP HOP IS DEAD!

bah!

I don't think Nas had any idea how many whiny-ass dudes were waiting for this to come along...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I know I am more amused that the major media outlets are picking this story up. My pops saw it in his local newspaper and wanted to know if I wanted the article. now CNN.

seriously. major media needs to read up on their read ups.. this debate is soo 2006

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    anybody figure out that just maybe the reason rap sales were down for 2006 was because everybody waited until november/december to release albums this year.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i feel ya. Nas=doo doo.

I think it's a lame P.R. move if anything.
    What a horrible way to promote your album...boo!

But I guess selling 355,880 copies in its first week is good for him.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    anybody figure out that just maybe the reason rap sales were down for 2006 was because everybody waited until november/december to release albums this year.

that still counts towards the last quarter sales though, no?

2006 was just shitty for hiphop rekkids period, one dud after another.. 2007 is what's up.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

The labels have been scared to release full-lengths that don't already have a semi-hit associated w/them too

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Wait, what? Hip-hop is dead?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Wait, what? Hip-hop is dead?

I think dead is newspaper slang for alive

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    there were a TON of bricks last year... The philosophy of everything hinging on a hit single was in full effect last year and for the most part it backfired outside of really solid artists.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    artists

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

NAGL X 1000

• dayday 9,611 Posts

This is why Im hot
    This is why Im hot
    This is why (this is why)
    This is why Im hot
    [x2]
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    You hate cuz you not,
    This is why Im hot
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    You hate cuz you not (M.I.M.S.!)
    This is why I'm hot.

This shit is GOLD son!
    Hip Hop is alive and well. Now go get me some McDonalds.

I can't really tell the difference between Young Jeezy and Yung Joc. It's the same dumb stuff to me," says Duncan-Smith, 33.

I can't listen to another black man talk about you don't come to the 'hood anymore and ghetto revivals ... I'm from the 'hood. How can you tell me you want to revive it? How about you want to change it? Rejuvenate it?"

so wait, is she talking about who we think she's talking about here? and if not, who exactly are the "black men" talking about ghetto revivals?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    hip-hop isn't dead... it's just turned into pro wrestling!!

[see scott storch/timbaland beef from the past 2 weeks for a perfect example]

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

This is why Im hot
    This is why Im hot
    This is why Im hot
    [x2]
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    You hate cuz you not,
    This is why Im hot
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    This is why I'm hot.

This shit is GOLD son!
    this is a good song

• This is why Im hot
    This is why Im hot
    This is why Im hot
    [x2]
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    You hate cuz you not,
    This is why Im hot
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    This is why I'm hot.

This shit is GOLD son!
    this is a good song

Why are you defending this retarded shit?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    because its fun

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's dead to me[/b].

• because its fun

Actually it's sad to see an educated person like yourself stick up for that bullshit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    because its fun

Actually it's sad to see an educated person like yourself stick up for that bullshit.
    So someone must be uneducated if they enjoy the song?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

This is why Im hot
    This is why Im hot
    This is why Im hot
    [x2]
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    You hate cuz you not,
    This is why Im hot
    I'm hot cuz im fly,
    This is why I'm hot.

This shit is GOLD son!
    this is a good song

It's retarded, but the beat is kinda catchy.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    There is alot of discontent that crack rap is more popular than inteligent rap. I think alot of people want to shake that thang and they want to be told what to shake that thang to.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rap insider Chuck Creekmur, who runs the leading Web site Allhiphop.com, says he got a message from a friend recently "asking me to hook her up with some Red Hot Chili Peppers because she said she's through with rap. A lot of people are sick of rap ... the negativity is just over the top now."

Insiders, you say?

Schitt's pathetic... bunch of people that never liked rap to begin with.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I can tell you personally, as someone who has ALWAYS liked rap, I really feel burnt out on it and I've had people tell me the exact same thing (even your PM partner ).
    I really can't call it. I don't think it's a matter of getting older so much as rap seems more like fast food than music these days.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Insiders ... bunch of people that never liked rap to begin with.

What are you insinuating about Jonny Paychecks?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Day have you heard the remix to "This Is Why I'm Hot" with Baby Cham and Junior Reid?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I don't think it's a matter of getting older so much as rap seems more like fast food than music these days.

co-siggity-signage.

I also think there is a slow revolution of hip hop going on and thats why this can be a confusing topic to discuss.

Maybe that's why those are so easy to put down artists like Lotus, due to his open mindness of creating music. No it's not exactly hip hop, but has elements of it.

Do you think back in the day they were like "jazz is dead". I wouldn't think so, but there are jazz elements in hip hop, house, etc.

I think what day is saying is the same as my own opinion as well. I guess Im just so tired of people talking about Nas and asking if hip hop is dead. I think it's time to get over it and continue to put your part in the music.