NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Why is Kobe considered a dick???

I've seen interviews with his early childhood team mates from Italy...they all hated the dude.

He was estranged from his parents for a while and his Dad Joe "Jellybean" Bryant called him self centered..

His record of on court "cheap shots" and post cheap shot taunting earns him the reputation of being an ahole.

He leads the league in smugness and has alienated more than just his most famous ex-team mate.

He's an amazingly talented player but at the end of the day the bottom line is he just comes off like a dick.

Misconception??? Jealousy??? Truth???

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Mr. Fugazi

The headline for this photo was:

"Kenyon Martin considers turning Tim Thomas into a caserole"

haha.

As for the Mavericks, I've come around a lot, I like to watch them. Fundamentally, they are the best team I've seen in a while. In this day and age, it seems rare to see a team play with such cohesion. They are dangerous. Nobody has really pinpointed and attacked their weaknesses yet (if there are any). Playoffs will be mighty interesting this year.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

I've seen interviews with his early childhood team mates from Italy...they all hated the dude.

He was estranged from his parents for a while and his Dad Joe "Jellybean" Bryant called him self centered..

His record of on court "cheap shots" and post cheap shot taunting earns him the reputation of being an ahole.

He leads the league in smugness and has alienated more than just his most famous ex-team mate.

He's an amazingly talented player but at the end of the day the bottom line is he just comes off like a dick.

Not to mention his request to blast a hotel clerk in the face, subsequently resulting in rape chargers (later dismissed). I think it was him asking to bust a facial, something only an egomaniac would do, that made the woman feel so degraded that she felt like she was raped although it was probably a typical night on a roadtrip for one Kobe Bryant.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Your arguments make no sense. Kobe hates to lose, end of story. Bruce Bowen has kicked Wally Szerbiak in the face, intentionally. Bell had his fists clenched before he clotheslined Kobe. Those are cowardly acts.

Anyway, you're somehow trying to rationalize why the hate is warranted. lol
    I'm not gonna write some filler here. And you are not a Laker fan!

As for your comments about Jason Terry. You can expand that and ask this question to most non-balling, shit-talking average fan, "How do you want them to play? and how do you want them to act?". Can a motherfucker live? (not directed at you JimBeam)

I don't think any player likes losing. Bruce Bowen is a whole new level of bitchmade, but I would personally like to see Wally get kicked in the face more. Bell's got anger issues and acts like a child.

Take yourself out of the Laker fan "he's the second coming" mindset for a minute, breathe real deep, and admit it: Kobe elbowing someone in the face is a cowardly act. Kobe is a better basketball player than both Bowen and Bell, but he is just as big of a bitch.

I was rationalizing warranted hate, you are correct. I guess my fault comes in expecting a Laker fan to actually think about it outside the Laker fan mindset. You are also correct in assuming I am not a Laker fan. I do however, watch the Lakers. But whatever dude, it's your purple and gold cross to bear. You have the best player on your team. He's also a bitch on the court. Must be tough being a Laker fan.

As for Terry: I was commenting more on Jason Terry being a rider of said coat tails; step your reading comprehension up. If you're not going to engage in an arguement, you might want to step off calling people "non-balling, shit-talking average fans."

Until we meet again, I will work on my strong chest passes.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    Feast on this playa hataz:

It was nice but... "Travelling!"

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Co-sign whoever said that the average basketball fan just wants to see a high scoring game. That's what the Mavs deliver. People may not know what a pick and roll is, but they can tell the Mavs put up a lot of points, usually at a fast pace. Again, what would the average joe want to see, the Houston Rockets or the Dallas Mavericks? Mavs' hate is just not out there in the amount you're claiming Rock.

• Mavs' hate is just not out there in the amount you're claiming Rock.

This syndrome is not specific to Rock. Most Mavs' fans feel this way.

You turn on NBA Coast to Coast on a Tuesday and the focus isn't "Look how good the Mavs are" it's "Look, these 3 or 4 scrub teams could totally beat the Mavs". It's Ric Bucher "Remember, the Mavs were only a Manu foul and a Raja Bell injury from not even making the Finals last year". It's John Saunders and Tim Legler sucking Steve Nash's dick on a national broadcast the other night and forcing Greg Anthony to RIDE for Dirk. It's SASmith not even listing Dirk in his top MVP candidates (that dood is a tool, btw.). It's Shaq not listing Dirk in his top MVP candidates. It's Josh Howard being snubbed for the All-Star game but two other Suns making it. It's Dirk not ever being voted an All-Star starter. It's douchebag Eric Neel writing a story on why he can't watch or root for the Mavs cos they're boring. Dirk's boring. The Suns are fun. The Pistons are fun to watch (Pistons more fun than the Mavs? GTFOHWTBS). It's the Mark Cuban hate. It's D. Wade's 8 million FTs in the Finals last year.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

You sound like Big Daddy's fan.

Mavs' hate is just not out there in the amount you're claiming Rock.

You turn on NBA Coast to Coast on a Tuesday and the focus isn't "Look how good the Mavs are" it's "Look, these 3 or 4 scrub teams could totally beat the Mavs". It's Ric Bucher "Remember, the Mavs were only a Manu foul and a Raja Bell injury from not even making the Finals last year". It's John Saunders and Tim Legler sucking Steve Nash's dick on a national broadcast the other night and forcing Greg Anthony to RIDE for Dirk. It's SASmith not even listing Dirk in his top MVP candidates (that dood is a tool, btw.). It's Shaq not listing Dirk in his top MVP candidates. It's Josh Howard being snubbed for the All-Star game but two other Suns making it. It's Dirk not ever being voted an All-Star starter. It's douchebag Eric Neel writing a story on why he can't watch or root for the Mavs cos they're boring. Dirk's boring. The Suns are fun. The Pistons are fun to watch (Pistons more fun than the Mavs? GTFOHWTBS). It's the Mark Cuban hate. It's D. Wade's 8 million FTs in the Finals last year.

WTF? LOL

YOU MAVS FANS ARE SOFTER THAN A MUFFIN.

• Mavs' hate is just not out there in the amount you're claiming Rock.

WTF? LOL

YOU MAVS FANS ARE SOFTER THAN A MUFFIN.

This is different than "Yuichi: The Kobe Essays" how?

Step to me w/ that soft business, kiddo.

You sound like Big Daddy's fan.

I gotcha....Kobe IS a dick....he just so happens to be YOUR dick!!

So basically, the vibe I'm getting is:

1) You guys hate the Lakers.
    2) You think Kobe is bitch-made.
    3) You love Shaq.
    4) You think Kobe is bitch-made, but does have game.
    4) You should watch "Top 5 reasons why you can't blame Kobe Bryant".
    5) You've never really played basketball.

Rock, we went from "Mavs are hated" to "Why Kobe is bitch-made". Good stuff.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

I gotcha....Kobe IS a dick....he just so happens to be YOUR dick!!

No, he's just firmly attached at the nuts. The dick is his by proxy.

So basically, the vibe I'm getting is:

1) You guys hate the Lakers.
    2) You think Kobe is bitch-made.
    3) You love Shaq.
    4) You think Kobe is bitch-made, but does have game.
    4) You should watch "Top 5 reasons why you can't blame Kobe Bryant".
    5) You've never really played basketball.
    6) This Cross is really heavy[/b]

Back on topic. You really think people are dumb enough to just hand the Mavs the O'Brien trophy and give Dirk the MVP award? And make them the media darlings? No way. That position is currently held by the Phoenix Suns. Deal with it.

Sad, that most of this discussion doesn't enhance the experience as a fan. My advice is to learn to actually play, before you put anyone down.

• Sad, that most of this discussion doesn't enhance the experience as a fan.

This statement includes your postings, I'm assuming.

I beleieve you, Yuichi, was the one to bring Kobe into the thread by saying "Mav fans don't know hate like us poor Laker fans"??

I beleieve you, Yuichi, was the one to bring Kobe into the thread by saying "Mav fans don't know hate like us poor Laker fans"??

Yea, but you blew it up into "Why Kobe is a bitch". I really think we've had enough of those over the years. Let's just keep the hate to a minimum.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    yall need chill out and just be true to yourselves and become GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS FANS!!! hahaha

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SUNS

V

MAVS

right now
    on ESPN

• Somewhat of a redeeming 2nd quarter for the Mavs.

Tirico blows, man. Not based on his takes, he's overly professional (nixed the adjectives "stiff" and "wooden" there) and lacks a sense of humor. In fact all three announcers tonight kinda suck. Sorry Walton fans.

During his announcing career Walton has proclaimed 17 different players "The best athlete in the game today" including Richard Jefferson, JR Smith and Boris Diaw!!

As a player Walton was unfuckwithable.

As a commentator he's almost unbearable.

And this Mavs/Suns game is gonna go down to the wire.

• During his announcing career Walton has proclaimed 17 different players "The best athlete in the game today" including Richard Jefferson, JR Smith and Boris Diaw!!

I assume you're catching Followil and Ortegal. Ortegal cracks me up. Followil will be national soon: kid's good. He is so quick on the play-by-play calls while making quick, humorous observations.

During his announcing career Walton has proclaimed 17 different players "The best athlete in the game today" including Richard Jefferson, JR Smith and Boris Diaw!!

I assume you're catching Followil and Ortegal. Ortegal cracks me up. Followil will be national soon: kid's good. He is so quick on the play-by-play calls while making quick, humorous observations.

Ortegal may be one of the best I've ever heard and is highly respected by the players.

Followil was doing H.S. Football just a few years ago and has become a really good play by play guy and he's still in his 20's.

Now if we can just do something with that douche the Mavs have as their arena announcer.

• Sorry man, I do not share your opinion of "Humble" Billy. The douches are the North Dallas-ites who need that to stand up and freaking cheer.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    This game is off the proverbial chain!

Walton is so bad, he's funny.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    And this Mavs/Suns game is gonna go down to the wire.

wow... this is like watching an game of nba jam.

Man, you Dallas dudes complain about some trivial shit. CELEBRATE YOU BATCHES! Your team is aiite. Jerry Stackhouse was the X-factor in this game. You just can not double on any of these dudes, matter of fact. Match-up hell for the other teams.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DUDE

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDES