Air ForceONEs-25th/Kicks

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Ive never been a fan of Nike Air Force 1, but i acknowledge its position in the game. Why the hell would NIKE try to revamp one of their classics. Do they think a new generation is going to make this version into a staple? What they should be doing is putting a limit to the many versions the come out during the year. Feel free to talk about other kicks.The New Jordans look like a return to a more conservative design. The last 2 looked too gimmicky.And I didnt see many cats wearing the last Jordans.

Comments

• those look like a cafeteria worker's/nurses aid shoe/uniform...do they come with a hairnet?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Ive never been a fan of Nike Air Force 1, but i acknowledge its position in the game. Why the hell would NIKE try to revamp one of their classics. Do they think a new generation is going to make this version into a staple? What they should be doing is putting a limit to the many versions the come out during the year.

Is this going to replace the classic design or just be a further alternative?

If the former, I'm gonna have to stock up before the classics disappear from the shelves. I can't believe that they'd do something so stupid.

The New Jordans look like a return to a more conservative design.

The ones made out of pitted basketball material?

Please be serious.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Ive never been a fan of Nike Air Force 1, but i acknowledge its position in the game. Why the hell would NIKE try to revamp one of their classics. Do they think a new generation is going to make this version into a staple? What they should be doing is putting a limit to the many versions the come out during the year.

If the former, I'm gonna have to stock up before the classics disappear from the shelves. I can't believe that they'd do something so stupid.

Just an alternative im sure.

I'm gonna have to stock up before the classics disappear from the shelves.

The New Jordans look like a return to a more conservative design.

The ones made out of pitted basketball material?

Please be serious.

Just an alternative im sure.

is this pitted b-ball material? I never owned a pair of Jordans , im just sayin.

KING had a little feature on some new Jordans that are made out of orange/brown basketball-inspired material... it wasn't clear to me if they were some sort of limited edition, though.

Ugly as hell, but then most Jordans from the past decade plus look to me like spaceboots that I wouldn't be caught dead in.

KING had a little feature on some new Jordans that are made out of orange/brown basketball-inspired material... it wasn't clear to me if they were some sort of limited edition, though.

Limited Ed trash.

These are the regular versions...

How is that sneakers spot around u doing? Are they keepin up or are they tryin too hard. I go up in there erry once in a while too smell them, but never seeing too much of anything mindblowing. Pretty much regular classics w/ some japanese/euro stuff. Common NYC boutique kicks.

How is that sneakers spot around u doing? Are they keepin up or are they tryin too hard. I go up in there erry once in a while too smell them, but never seeing too much of anything mindblowing. Pretty much regular classics w/ some japanese/euro stuff. Common NYC boutique kicks.

The Japanese spot on 125th?

Junk mostly. Tony Parker dunks.

The Japanese spot on 125th?

Junk mostly. Tony Parker dunks.

• KING had a little feature on some new Jordans that are made out of orange/brown basketball-inspired material... it wasn't clear to me if they were some sort of limited edition, though.

Limited Ed trash.

These are the regular versions...

Those basketball material ones are hideous. The regular version is a step in the right direction, but still not rockable for me.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Ugly as hell, but then most Jordans from the past decade plus look to me like spaceboots[/b] that I wouldn't be caught dead in.
    Yet dudes still drop $$$ on J's.

Ugly as hell, but then most Jordans from the past decade plus look to me like spaceboots[/b] that I wouldn't be caught dead in.
    Yet dudes still drop $$$ on J's.

I'm seein more retros on cats these days.

• like af1's or not (the classics that is), you have to appreciate the quality of these pairs commemorating the original af1 team:

michael cooper:

moses malone (these aren't out yet):

some laser one pieces:

jamaal wilkes:

there's more but i liked these the most. the supremes are mad expensive though.

The New Jordans look like a return to a more conservative design. The last 2 looked too gimmicky.
    And I didnt see many cats wearing the last Jordans.

Might be a little late on this, but I heard this from my brother, who just got back from Cali - has anyone heard about the Spizikes? They're Spike Lee Edition Jordans that combined elements from the III, IV, V and VI. They look pretty sick:

these might be fake, not sure. Concept is dope, though.

Co-sign on the NEW AF1s. The current AF1s are classic and don't need to be "revamped."

Around here a lot of cats rock the IIIs and the IVs....all bootlegs and in non-official colors (ie orange/black, green/blue, red/white/blue [ugh], etc etc).

like af1's or not (the classics that is), you have to appreciate the quality of these pairs commemorating the original af1 team:

Those are all trash.

Might be a little late on this, but I heard this from my brother, who just got back from Cali - has anyone heard about the Spizikes? They're Spike Lee Edition Jordans that combined elements from the III, IV, V and VI. They look pretty sick: Concept is dope, though.

• like af1's or not (the classics that is), you have to appreciate the quality of these pairs commemorating the original af1 team:

Those are all trash.

Hatter.

like af1's or not (the classics that is), you have to appreciate the quality of these pairs commemorating the original af1 team:

Those are all trash.

Hatter.

What would you wear any of those w/? Especially the Faces version? Why isnt Micheal Cooper Purple/Gold or is that supposed to be his college colors?

And why is Mike G on those Laser joints? 4th from the left.

• are we finally getting back to the future????

I've been praying for this for years:

• I'd rock white and gold with the lasers, you know. ha! nah, i wouldn't really even rock most of those, maybe the coopers, i just like how they're made. I'd just keep em to sell later or maybe display them. I really like how they're doing detailed texturing (like on the jamaal wilkes on the toe leather, it's got little paisleys or something lasered into it), and the yin yang toe on the coopers is kinda crazy.

the six players on the lasers are bobby jones, moses malone, michael cooper, jamaal wilkes, mychel thompson and calvin natt. as far as the colors, I'm not sure. Natt's aren't really his colors either, and the coopers do have just a tiny bit of purple on the back.

here are the other three i didn't post:

Mychal Tompson:

Bobby Jones (these have some sort of diamond plate looking silver material on the front upper):

calvin natt:

Also, three of these are supremes which are really nice, they hide all of the stitching on the shoe. super expensive though, like i said. especially for af1's!

• Options
    I'd rock white and gold with the lasers, you know. ha! nah, i wouldn't really even rock most of those, maybe the coopers, i just like how they're made. I'd just keep em to sell later or maybe display them. I really like how they're doing detailed texturing (like on the jamaal wilkes on the toe leather, it's got little paisleys or something lasered into it), and the yin yang toe on the coopers is kinda crazy.

the six players on the lasers are bobby jones, moses malone, michael cooper, jamaal wilkes, mychel thompson and calvin natt. as far as the colors, I'm not sure. Natt's aren't really his colors either, and the coopers do have just a tiny bit of purple on the back.

here are the other three i didn't post:

Mychal Tompson:

Bobby Jones (these have some sort of diamond plate looking silver material on the front upper):

calvin natt:

Also, three of these are supremes which are really nice, they hide all of the stitching on the shoe. super expensive though, like i said. especially for af1's!

I'm with Batmon, I can't get with these. I don't really want writing on the side of my shoe, unless it says Air or a big ass N for New Balance. I'm really not morally equipped to wear a shoe that says "The Bahamas Born Kid", something tells me I'd catch a rare beatdown for that.

As for the colors, you can find a dunk high in the same colors as the second shoe down which looks more appealing and is reasonably priced...I think it was from the "Black Fives" pack.

I'm also not a fan of the 25th commemorative design. Looks too much like a powerboat.

These I can get with:

I can do these too:

And these:

The following might very well be the single most offensive shoe I've ever seen, and I wouldn't be surprised for a second if one of you style deficient individuals bought one thinking you'd catch the wild chick at work with the leopard print steering wheel...I don't even understand the drugs the dude who put these together was on.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm thinking Nike is coming out with so many retro shits because stylistically, they haven't come out with anything original or dope in so many years, that they HAVE to retro those old joints.

It's so damn hard to find nice kicks that aren't 160bucks and weigh 4 pounds, nawmean? I'm thinking about copping myself another pair of Air Flight 89s for ball.

I wouldn't be surprised for a second if one of you style deficient individuals bought one thinking you'd catch the wild chick at work with the leopard print steering wheel...

And Batmon brings up a good point--what the fuck are you gonna wear some of these schitts with? You want your shoes to complement the rest of your 'fit, not overwhelm it.

I wouldn't be surprised for a second if one of you style deficient individuals bought one thinking you'd catch the wild chick at work with the leopard print steering wheel...

And Batmon brings up a good point--what the fuck are you gonna wear some of these schitts with? You want your shoes to complement the rest of your 'fit, not overwhelm it.

Thanks Dad.

I wore these for a while, until the mesh part got all rain-soaked and dirty.

Money:

• Naturally, I prefer Flights to AF1s.

Who was it that said the AF1s makes you look like you have clubfoot?

• flight 89s yes, spizikes not so much. bad in concept, even worse in execution

nike pleeeeease rerelease the black/red/gray IV's .. i have never lined up for jordans in my life but i will absolutely go scrap with some 15 year olds at 5 in the morning to get multiple pairs if this ever happens .. not looking likely though

looking forward to this set coming this sprng

• faded: black red and grey IVs were retroed last year and yes, they are hot:

also, those J1's you posted are sick, they retroed those in patent leather in black/gold and red/black/white:

Also, as far as the AF1 Original Sixes are concerned, keep in mind I said I admired the craftsmanship of these kicks, I wouldn't necessarily be out rocking them on the daily. They would just be for the collection or for display or something. And yes, the new AF25's are not cool at all. They will still always make more original AF1's than these new imposter 25's so it's all good. Oh and the Spiz'ikes are ugly too.

I'd rather rock the new AF25's on the court though. Nike is more about function than form.

• nike played itself with these 25th anniversery shoes. in general, their market share has been going down and this is only gonna make things worse. every one of those original 6 retroes is hideous and the 25th anniversery shoe looks like some $50 nike basketball shoe that i could find on eastbay for $15.

Last year nike did $800,000,000 off the air force 1 alone...which is incredible, but that figure is down from a billion a few years ago. I predict that their numbers are going to continue to decline. The jordan lline is just not a big deal anymore and nike has overflooded the market with retros. Also, that whole "street wear" phase is soo played right now. Anyway, this is a good thing. I'm tired of seeing dudes with ass-tight jeans rocking the same sneakers as me. Time for them to move on to the next fad.