Strut Race Police Related: Pimps and Hos parties

123457»

Comments

• You trying to insult my intellect is boring.

Not as boring as you[r] trying to sound intellectual.

Every time I read this dude's posts I cringe. One should never try so hard to sound intellectual, it always comes off like that dude on "In Living Color" who spoke in the nonsense sentences. Hemold, my man, you sound like a graduate student and that's not a compliment at all.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

So what do you think the "fundamentals" of "blackness" are?

I couldn't possibly say, because I have not been black a day in my life.
    Why would one have to be black to know the stated beliefs of "black fundamentalists," especially when they have pamphlets, some titled "The Fundamentals of Blackness."

You're off glass, and that's basically that. If you want to discuss the matter at hand, which seems to be the implications of racism, then I am more than happy to discuss it. But, if you want to use this as a platform to push your soultstrut big-bid-in-2007-platform, wherein you try and make me look silly by asking me baited questions it's just going to be you typing into the digital void. It's disappointing to know that a grown-ass man is more interested in insulting the online persona of someone than discussing a relevant issue; instead of making any effort to facilitate discussion and understand my point you just look for ways to get over on me (to a virtual audience no less). If you're going to tell me that my posts are 'too academic' or 'trying to sound smart' then don't bother, because all that shows is a lack of effort to comprehend anything beyond your comfort zone. If you have something relevant to say, then say it--if not, don't waste the bandwidth.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Every time I read this dude's posts I cringe.

Do you actually physically cringe, or are you using this as figure of speech?

One should never try so hard to sound intellectual, it always comes off like that dude on "In Living Color" who spoke in the nonsense sentences. Hemold, my man, you sound like a graduate student and that's not a compliment at all.

That's brilliant! So, I sound like what I am, but I shouldn't sound like what I am, because someone who is not me is telling me that it's not good? I sound like a graduate student because I am a graduate student. Can you actually quantify how hard I try to write the way I do? If you can in fact quantify the ease or difficulty with which I construct thoughts and their signifying sentences please contact me through PM so that I can hire you to do a couple of things.

Is this a difficult sentence to write?

Perhaps this sentence--in which I use a more complex structure, and vocabulary--is more difficult than the previous sentence; or perhaps it's easier.

• Please stop.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

So what do you think the "fundamentals" of "blackness" are?

I couldn't possibly say, because I have not been black a day in my life.
    Why would one have to be black to know the stated beliefs of "black fundamentalists," especially when they have pamphlets, some titled "The Fundamentals of Blackness."

You're off glass, and that's basically that. If you want to discuss the matter at hand, which seems to be the implications of racism, then I am more than happy to discuss it. But, if you want to use this as a platform to push your soultstrut big-bid-in-2007-platform, wherein you try and make me look silly by asking me baited questions it's just going to be you typing into the digital void. It's disappointing to know that a grown-ass man is more interested in insulting the online persona of someone than discussing a relevant issue; instead of making any effort to facilitate discussion and understand my point you just look for ways to get over on me (to a virtual audience no less). If you're going to tell me that my posts are 'too academic' or 'trying to sound smart' then don't bother, because all that shows is a lack of effort to comprehend anything beyond your comfort zone. If you have something relevant to say, then say it--if not, don't waste the bandwidth.
    I strongly suggest that you familiarize yourself with the "fundamentals" of "blackness" before attempting to discuss the implications of racism.

• Every time I read this dude's posts I cringe.

Do you actually physically cringe, or are you using this as figure of speech?

One should never try so hard to sound intellectual, it always comes off like that dude on "In Living Color" who spoke in the nonsense sentences. Hemold, my man, you sound like a graduate student and that's not a compliment at all.

That's brilliant! So, I sound like what I am, but I shouldn't sound like what I am, because someone who is not me is telling me that it's not good? I sound like a graduate student because I am a graduate student. Can you actually quantify how hard I try to write the way I do? If you can in fact quantify the ease or difficulty with which I construct thoughts and their signifying sentences please contact me through PM so that I can hire you to do a couple of things.

Is this a difficult sentence to write?

Perhaps this sentence--in which I use a more complex structure, and vocabulary--is more difficult than the previous sentence; or perhaps it's easier.

You couldn't afford to hire me to do anything, but I'll give you some free advice: the sort of drivel that you spout on here has no practical application in the real world and your "smarter than thou" attitude is both a serious turn-off and, as far as I can tell, profoundly unwarranted. Those verbose souls among us who can't turn a phrase without five hundred dollars worth of fifty-cent "dictionary words" are usually trying to mask the fact that there's no real power to the thoughts that underpin their words. Hopefully for you, you're gonna spend your post-school years surrounded by academics and y'all can spend the rest of your lives having big old semantic pissing matches and making no real impact on the world, but I'll tell you what, the shit you write on here is beyond fucking irritating to my eyes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    a grown-ass man is more interested in insulting the online persona of someone

Why has it gotta be like that?

Perhaps you've got it backwards--perhaps what we have here is an online persona inflicting full-blown ass-hurt on a grown man?

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

I see Guzzo-man's point.. you will give Snoop Dogg a pass for saying bitches ain't drug dealer from The Wire was racist.

na??ive [/b] /nɑˈiv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nah-eev] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    ???adjective

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, ?? Random House, Inc. 2006.

This is some simplistic, defensive stuff here my friend. I think you may need to look inward and find the answers to your questions.
    Well, this might be a 12 Angry Menesque revelation, but I will reveal that I met my wife at a pimp and ho party. She wasn't dressed as a ho and I was not dressed as a pimp (not my style, and too much effort) but our friends threw this party annualy and it was the biggest party of the year. And this is Austin.. a SUPER liberal city. No one there was there to be racist or ever thought about it being remotely racist. There were black men there dressed as pimps and black women there dressed as hoes. There were also Asians, Mexicans, and a lot of white dudes and white girls. A good time was had by all. There was probably a lot of interracial action behind closed doors which if you ask me is not a bad thing.

So - just sayin' - I didn't think it was racist then and I don't think it is racist now. I base my argument on A. that I see the character of 'the pimp' as a pop culture icon and not as a real pimp... and certainly not as a negative black stereotype. B. I'm can look inward and I know I'm not racist and no one that I associate with is.

Having said that.. I can completely see where a frat could turn it in to something completely different. I have known some frat guys there were good people and I have known more that were the future crooked CEOs/Politicans/Klansman of America.

And, if you and I were friends, and I said I was going to throw a pimp and ho party and you said I shouldn't because it WNAGL.. well, I wouldn't do it. Maybe I'd make it like a Nascar party instead. Hopefully you'd come to that.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I see Guzzo-man's point.. you will give Snoop Dogg a pass for saying bitches ain't drug dealer from The Wire was racist.

na??ive [/b] /nɑˈiv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nah-eev] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    ???adjective

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, ?? Random House, Inc. 2006.

This is some simplistic, defensive stuff here my friend. I think you may need to look inward and find the answers to your questions.

Well, this might be a 12 Angry Menesque revelation, but I will reveal that I met my wife at a pimp and ho party. She wasn't dressed as a ho and I was not dressed as a pimp (not my style, and too much effort) but our friends threw this party annualy and it was the biggest party of the year. And this is Austin.. a SUPER liberal city. No one there was there to be racist or ever thought about it being remotely racist. There were black men there dressed as pimps and black women there dressed as hoes. There were also Asians, Mexicans, and a lot of white dudes and white girls. A good time was had by all. There was probably a lot of interracial action behind closed doors which if you ask me is not a bad thing.

So - just sayin' - I didn't think it was racist then and I don't think it is racist now. I base my argument on A. that I see the character of 'the pimp' as a pop culture icon and not as a real pimp... and certainly not as a negative black stereotype. B. I'm can look inward and I know I'm not racist and no one that I associate with is.

Having said that.. I can completely see where a frat could turn it in to something completely different. I have known some frat guys there were good people and I have known more that were the future crooked CEOs/Politicans/Klansman of America.

And, if you and I were friends, and I said I was going to throw a pimp and ho party and you said I shouldn't because it WNAGL.. well, I wouldn't do it. Maybe I'd make it like a Nascar party instead. Hopefully you'd come to that.
    Here's the bottom line....if you threw a Nascar party because you enjoyed Nascar stuff, I would go, have a great time (because I enjoy stock car racing, custom cars,etc). But if you were throwing an ironic Nascar party it would probably be lame.

I don't throw around the term racist loosely for a variety of reasons. While I may have described Pimp/Ho parties specifically(Danno's example at the outset) and in general(the idea of ironically 'celebrating', and let's be honest, often mocking people or lifestyles we know little about in actuality) as offensive, I never said that people who attend or even enjoy them are racist.

Where I think you oversimplify is that because you don't percieve it as offensive or even potentially racist you then conclude that people have no reasoning for their own conclusions, that it's pure hypocrisy. Sometimes a pimp hat is just a pimp hat, I will completely grant you that. But I think the argument people were orinally attempting to bring forward is that a lot of the attitudes behind these types of parties are based in racial stereotypes and that's what a lot of (sorry my people) White people default to when they get comfortable, especially when the parties are predominantly white. The party you described where you met your wife did not seem to easily fall into that trap, based on it's own diversity. It's still ripe with potential pitfalls for people to show their ass, but in the end that's always up to the individual.

But I pick my battles, and while I may never attend a Pimp party, I stand by my right to enjoy whatever crack rap, gansta rap, horrorcore, death metal, or pimp rap that artists choose to put out there. As long as I can download it for free!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

But I pick my battles, and while I may never attend a Pimp party, I stand by my right to enjoy whatever crack rap, gansta rap, horrorcore, death metal, or pimp rap that artists choose to put out there. As long as I can download it for free!

real speak

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Halloween then: Dangerous indoctrination and subversive reinforcement of devil-worshipping, pagan ideals and macabre imagery upon children, or just a bunch of kids having a laugh?

And wait a minute... Kids PIMP Halloween costume!

http://www.brandsonsale.com/ca-004723.html

Please disgust for another 5 more pages.

Or is this not the same thing? Don't tell me vampires are not oppressed - see Buffy.

And I am sure there is Crack rap done by goblins.

Halloween then: Dangerous indoctrination and subversive reinforcement of devil-worshipping, pagan ideals and macabre imagery upon children, or just a bunch of kids having a laugh?

And wait a minute... Kids PIMP Halloween costume!

http://www.brandsonsale.com/ca-004723.html

Please disgust for another 5 more pages.

Or is this not the same thing? Don't tell me vampires are not oppressed - see Buffy.

And I am sure there is Crack rap done by goblins.

Halloween is the best holiday ever.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    admiration can be condescending. they are not necessarily contradictory

This is a good point.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I strongly suggest that you familiarize yourself with the "fundamentals" of "blackness" before attempting to discuss the implications of racism.

OK, we're starting to get somewhere now. Let's rewind to the context of my intial statement, which was something to the affect of, "What's to say that someone who is black wouldn't be offended at the use of 'The Wire' avatars?" I never claimed to know anything, all I did was complicate the issue of privileged white people who verge on fetishizing blackness blasting the behavior of other white people who may or may not be fetishizing blackness.

I'm assuming that you have some knowledge that you aren't sharing because you're telling me that I need to "familiarize" myself.

Please to hit me with the knowledge.

OK, we're starting to get somewhere now. Let's rewind to the context of my intial statement, which was something to the affect of, "What's to say that someone who is black wouldn't be offended at the use of 'The Wire' avatars?" I never claimed to know anything, all I did was complicate the issue of privileged white people who verge on fetishizing blackness blasting the behavior of other white people who may or may not be fetishizing blackness.

I'm assuming that you have some knowledge that you aren't sharing because you're telling me that I need to "familiarize" myself.

Dude, please move on. This is just a bad look. Also: I believe it is spelled effect.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    [

You couldn't afford to hire me to do anything, but I'll give you some free advice: the sort of drivel that you spout on here has no practical application in the real world and your "smarter than thou" attitude is both a serious turn-off and, as far as I can tell, profoundly unwarranted. Those verbose souls among us who can't turn a phrase without five hundred dollars worth of fifty-cent dictionary words are usually trying to mask the fact that there's no real power to the thoughts that underpin their words. Hopefully for you, you're gonna spend your post-school years surrounded by academics and y'all can spend the rest of your lives having big old semantic pissing matches and making no real impact on the world, but I'll tell you what, the shit you write on here is beyond fucking irritating to my eyes.

Sorry if I come off as "smarter than thou" it's not my intent. The way that I write has nothing to do with being condescending, or being flashy; I've simply been educated to write in a way that is condusive to what I'm trying to communicate, and how I think. I understand that you don't like the way that I write, but I really don't think that it contributes anything to a discussion when you put me on blast for it. What's really ironic is that you've invoked a considerbale amount of stereotypes to describe/belittle me on a thread about stereotyping.

• I've simply been educated to write in a way that is condusive to what I'm trying to communicate...

Demand your money back.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Dude, please move on. This is just a bad look. Also: I believe it is spelled effect.

I wasn't sure about affect versus effect, but I figured it's leaning more towards the verb sense.

Do you want to get lunch some time?

I wasn't sure about affect versus effect, but I figured it's leaning more towards the verb sense.

Not really, but I'm not trying to give you a hard time, either--I just think it's time for you to find a new issue to "complicate". This thread went sour awhile ago.

• Dude, please move on. This is just a bad look.

Not really

That's almost like "maybe"... quit toying with the boy's emotions.

Dude, please move on. This is just a bad look.

Not really

I think I've had just about enough of your jealous sniping. And fixating on my lunch calendar like a spurned loveur is also not the best look for you.

Dude, please move on. This is just a bad look.

Not really

I think I've had just about enough of your jealous sniping. And fixating on my lunch calendar like a spurned loveur is also not the best look for you.

Ladies, please.....how did we get off the topic of Halloween?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

You'll have to first buy me lunch if you want to get at these here knowledge jewelz.

You'll have to first buy me lunch if you want to get at these here knowledge jew
    elz.

And be warned: you have to come correct if you want to take Reynaldo out--none of this Red Lobster/Olive Garden schitt.

Bottle service suggested.

• I strongly suggest that you familiarize yourself with the "fundamentals" of "blackness" before attempting to discuss the implications of racism.

You'll have to first buy me lunch if you want to get at these here knowledge jew
    elz.

And be warned: you have to come correct if you want to take Reynaldo out--none of this Red Lobster/Olive Garden schitt.

Bottle service suggested.

And word to the wise: don't go for sushi. That he already endeavored in Japan.

• late entry on this thread...but an interesting comparison would be the "trailer park" parties that are sometimes held by millionaires. sorta like beverly hillbillies. is this kosher?

imo, both parties send the wrong message if they are being thrown by a school, business, or public institution. however, unless you have a stick up your ass, it is possible to laugh at a stereotype without being a racist or an elitist. i assume most of you have plenty of friends who are of a different ethnicity/race/religion. if u dont sit around making fun of each other based on stereotypes, than what the hell do u guys talk about?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Where you at?

Where you at?

Lounging in the executive suite with a moist scented towell over his face, no doubt.