Strut Race Police Related: Pimps and Hos parties

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

What, exactly, do you think a "black fundamentalist" is?

The same thing that a religious fundamentalist is, except that you replace religious with black. Perhaps I should have used another adjective, but I'm referencing someone who is guarded about the fundamentals of what defines their identity, especially in terms of how those fundamentals are defined/interpreted by 'outside' (people who do not posess those fundamentals) parties. Why, am I wrong by your standards, or are you setting up to make some kind of insulting remark?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Your sophistry lacks sophistication.

PS LaserWolf and Birdman9 are dropping tonnes of knowledge in this thread.

Those two terms are not concomitant; sophistry implies deception, while sophistication implies fecundity of meaning. Sophistry can be simple.

If you want to beef with me and just make posts about how I get ass-hurt over bad grades--which I don't get--or do some junk like this it's cool, there's a lot of pots to piss in on this message board, but serioiusly at least make a thoughtful attempt. You trying to insult my intellect is boring.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

The same thing that a religious fundamentalist is, except that you replace religious with black. Perhaps I should have used another adjective, but I'm referencing someone who is guarded about the fundamentals of what defines their identity, especially in terms of how those fundamentals are defined/interpreted by 'outside' (people who do not posess those fundamentals) parties. Why, am I wrong by your standards, or are you setting up to make some kind of insulting remark?
    So what do you think the "fundamentals" of "blackness" are?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Please to refer all questions about blackness to me from now on. Thanks.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    If you want to beef with me and just make posts about how I get ass-hurt over bad grades--which I don't get--or do some junk like this it's cool

Post a report card immediately or you are soft.

• You trying to insult my intellect is boring.

Not as boring as you[r] trying to sound intellectual.

• You trying to insult my intellect is boring.

LOCATION UP FOR GRABS....and why did an image of Jeru pop in my head when I read that.

Hemol:

are you an asshole fundamentalist?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I couldn't possibly say, because I have not been black a day in my life.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    If degrading "Blackness [insert your definition here]" is such an issue, and hella hatt directed at pimps and all other "Negative black stereotypes", why is there lovv for any crack rap and hollows of DISCONNECTED at anyone not having done time for shifting their own weight in illegal substance?

It's what makes me browse someone with a godzillion hip-hop files on slsk and not find anything I want to download for free.

It's what makes me despise every clueless white fucking chav here in the UK that aspires to be 50-cent.

Fuck, even 50 cent doesn't aspire to be a crack dealer now.

Everyone since time has loved the badness of a gangster. Then they grew up. It's like that today I suppose, but without the growing up bit.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    If degrading "Blackness [insert your definition here]" is such an issue, and hella hatt directed at pimps and all other "Negative black stereotypes", why is there lovv for any crack rap and hollows of DISCONNECTED at anyone not having done time for shifting their own weight in illegal substance?

exactly what I was saying.

selective liberal racist tendencies.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

How is liking music made by black people depecting the reality of urban life the same as white people dressing up as a caricature of black people? I'm not saying that rap music is filled with positive messages for the youth, but these are two totally different things. One is commentary by black people, the other involves white people and poor taste.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

How is liking music made by black people depecting the reality of urban life the same as white people dressing up as a caricature of black people? I'm not saying that rap music is filled with positive messages for the youth, but these are two totally different things. One is commentary by black people, the other involves white people and poor taste.

I keep out of these rap discussions (1,000s of strutters cheer) because I don't listen to the music you are talking about. But (1,000s of strutters jeer) I'm guessing that jim and guz are overreacting.

Personally I find lyrics that demean women or promote violence or cheer drug dealing or repeatedly use the n word offensive. But I know that most people who enjoy that music enjoy it in the same way I do Brown Sugar and Mamma Tried and Banks Of The Ohio and Coming Into Los Angeles.

The rap I listen to that talks about crime and violence tends to report from the street. Not promote the life. I know thats because I am highly selective in my listening.

I think by guz and jim logic White people listening to James Brown I'm Black and I'm Proud or Reality or King Heroin would be racist. By your definition celebrating Martin Luther King is racist.

Or are you saying that White people who love "crack rap" are not racist just as pimp and ho parties are not offensive? Which is it?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I keep out of these rap discussions (1,000s of strutters cheer) because I don't listen to the music you are talking about. But (1,000s of strutters jeer) I'm guessing that haz and guz are overreacting.

Personally I find lyrics that demean women or promote violence or cheer drug dealing or repeatedly use the n word offensive. But I know that most people who enjoy that music enjoy it in the same way I do Brown Sugar and Mamma Tried and Banks Of The Ohio and Coming Into Los Angeles.

The rap I listen to that talks about crime and violence tends to report from the street. Not promote the life. I know thats because I am highly selective in my listening.

I think by guz and haz logic White people listening to James Brown I'm Black and I'm Proud or Reality or King Heroin would be racist. By your definition celebrating Martin Luther King is racist.

Or are you saying that White people who love "crack rap" are not racist just as pimp and ho parties are not offensive? Which is it?

D*n,

On top of putting words in my mouth, and giving a everything must be black and white perspecitive (no pun intended). I am not saying white people listening to black people perform songs are racist. I'm saying that the support of negative stereotypical black images by white mostly college educated middle to upper middle class twenty and thirty-somethings (often while knocking rappers who don't portray this same image) shows a form of racism, and cheering on that while wagging your finger at some white guy protraying a stereotypical pimp image is hypocritical

Haz:[/b] it's not a reality for a studio musician to claim he's a gangster, killer, or a dope-dealer. That urban reality usually doesn't come with a residual from Def Jam or Lyor Cohen and it's not being bought solely by those living that reality. I'd dare say that the majority of the purchasing audience isn't sharing that urban life.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I keep out of these rap discussions (1,000s of strutters cheer) because I don't listen to the music you are talking about. But (1,000s of strutters jeer) I'm guessing that jim and guz are overreacting.

I think by guz and jim logic White people listening to James Brown I'm Black and I'm Proud or Reality or King Heroin would be racist. By your definition celebrating Martin Luther King is racist.

What I'm saying is that Black people are entitled to make music about whatever they want and that White people are not entitled to parody black people.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I keep out of these rap discussions (1,000s of strutters cheer) because I don't listen to the music you are talking about. But (1,000s of strutters jeer) I'm guessing that haz and guz are overreacting.

I think by guz and haz logic White people listening to James Brown I'm Black and I'm Proud or Reality or King Heroin would be racist. By your definition celebrating Martin Luther King is racist.

D*n,

On top of putting words in my mouth, and giving a everything must be black and white perspecitive (no pun intended). I am not saying white people listening to black people perform songs are racist. I'm saying that the support of negative stereotypical black images by white mostly college educated middle to upper middle class twenty and thirty-somethings (often while knocking rappers who don't portray this same image) shows a form of racism, and cheering on that while wagging your finger at some white guy protraying a stereotypical pimp image is hypocritical

Haz:[/b] it's not a reality for a studio musician to claim he's a gangster, killer, or a dope-dealer. That urban reality usually doesn't come with a residual from Def Jam or Lyor Cohen and it's not being bought solely by those living that reality. I'd dare say that the majority of the purchasing audience isn't sharing that urban life.

I made a mistake and corrected it in the edit, I meant jim. I'm with you 100%.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

This Mac Daddy Pimp Dog Costume is great for a night out.
    This comes with Cape, Hat and medallion. Don't let Paris Hilton have
    all the fun. Perect for Shows, Partys, or the big Doggie Parade.

For the record, I don't think the dog is racist, just ignorant.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

This Mac Daddy Pimp Dog Costume is great for a night out.

of course it's a white dog.

not to be confused with White Dawg

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    get yours now b4 they are gone! pimp gear!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Who came into a cd warehouse that I worked at in Fort Lauderdale. I also saw him at the beach one time.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    get yours now b4 they are gone! pimp gear!

i was gurdy to buy that, but they outta "manly medium".

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Honestly trying to find logic in what Guzzo is saying and arguing against him is a total waste of time. You're better off hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. This shit is so tired. It was kind of an interesting discussion until Guzzo came in and derailed it talking about Young Jeezy. Nobody was talking about Young Jeezy! And who cares what Adam thinks about whether people on a message board like music for the right or wrong reasons or what that says about them? Certainly I don't and you shouldn't either.

King and Brown:[/b] These men got involved in the bigger picture had a positive message. They were about making "The Black experience" a better one for the next generation. It just saddens me that the artists that have the ear of the black AND white youth now are sending messages that are peceived and promoted as aspiring to own a whip on the biggest rims and being Thug #1 in their eternal ghetto (mental and physical) rather than bettering their lot with the rest of the populace or adding to an improved civil rights manifesto.

So if you are white and down with what King and brown were saying at the time; that an improved civil rights manifesto was a good thing, then I don't think this is racist. Celebrate the crap out of it. No fucker else is these days. Any such movement in this direction by :connected: artists?

White people who love "crack rap":[/b] I can't generalise about a whole skin-tone. The people on here tend to be into their music and it's origins more than most [to a worrying degree - hence this conversation], so NOT racist if they can perceive this as just "Urban commentary" and not a set of values (or the ONLY set of values) to aspire to for a black man.

Dumb white folks who love "crack rap" and want to be The Game... Hmmm... I suppose it's better than them wanting to be Adolf Hitler. So not racist if a whitey looks up to a black man for inspiration. Reduces the "Fear of a black planet" mentality. But not a good idea to want to live in a drug ghetto, either. Having spent the first 20 years of my life on Northern council estates, I'll vouch for this. Hence my sadness at everyone wanting to adopt the MTV Cribs lifestyle in such places and to achieve such "Success" by adopting the much-hyped 50-cent method of "Get rich or die trying" instead of, say, getting a job or going to college.

Pimps and Hoes parties = Racism:[/b] I stand by my opinion that's it's just another excuse for folks to wear some funny clothes. Shit, platform boots with goldfish in them are funny. Yes, REAL pimps and Hoes are not generally nice people, but I don't see the idea as an expression of deeply-seated racist views. In the same way I don't see Haloween as a chance for everyone to come out as a vampire or devil-worshipper.

I'd finish with "Lighten up" but then...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    white people makes me puke sometimes, specially when i read race strut topics...that's exactly why i post such non-sense most of the time, because y'all are so racist and so republicans that it makes me vomit literally. And really, the worse thing to witness is a bunch of fools thinking they got smart over the time because they can argue on a subject.

Most of y'all dont know shit about Blacks but yet wanna talk about it. Most of yall are scared of what you're talking about but yet want to advocate a position. PLEASE. How many of y'all have seen freebase? How many lived with coke smugglers???
    So please, crack rap, racism, those two things should be forbid in here. Music is ok because people dont have to express their view on life. Hip Hop is dead, that's funny too... But all those topics are NOT funny. KKK is in the house...

• This Mac Daddy Pimp Dog Costume is great for a night out.

of course it's a white dog.

OH SNAP! So that's what Cas looks like when he's not hiding his face.

Most of y'all dont know shit about Blacks but yet wanna talk about it.
    PLEASE. How many of y'all have seen freebase? How many lived with coke smugglers???

Drugs? That's it? Thanks for helping me know shit about Blacks now.

I agree on one thing though. I'll just stick to talking about music now.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    thats where i was trying to go...y'all make shortcuts like black=drugs=pimps so i HAVE to level down myself in order to be understood at least. Or read. That's what's up. But that's where i was going :
    I'll just stick to talking about music now.

and i wish people would apply that rule...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    white people makes me puke sometimes, specially when i read race strut topics...that's exactly why i post such non-sense most of the time, because y'all are so racist and so republicans that it makes me vomit literally. And really, the worse thing to witness is a bunch of fools thinking they got smart over the time because they can argue on a subject.

Most of y'all dont know shit about Blacks but yet wanna talk about it. Most of yall are scared of what you're talking about but yet want to advocate a position. PLEASE. How many of y'all have seen freebase? How many lived with coke smugglers???
    So please, crack rap, racism, those two things should be forbid in here. Music is ok because people dont have to express their view on life. Hip Hop is dead, that's funny too... But all those topics are NOT funny. KKK is in the house...

Yet another classic.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Plus izm is french....so sabadadad can attack him for that

I am just kidding for all you

Pimp and hoes parties are horrible but not overtly racist however that white people hipster miami bass shit was a toothknocking not a good look

i will say this though my university was having this party where everyone had to dress in white and it was billed 'The White Party'

random student 'So are you going?'

me and a bunch of my black friends : '...'

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i will say this though my university was having this party where everyone had to dress in white and it was billed 'The White Party'

random student 'So are you going?'

me and a bunch of my black friends : '...'

Puffy throws a White Party every summer...