Strut Race Police Related: Pimps and Hos parties

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Does anyone else find these troubling? My school is having one this Friday and like most pimp and ho themed parties I've seen, it will be a roomful of Caucasians wearing afros and posturing like they're in a lame hiphop video. Why is this acceptable? Not only is it exceptionally poor taste (almost as bad as James Bond "Dress To Kill" parties), but non-black people dressing up like blaxploitation extras smacks of blackface. I know for a fact that the Maritimers out here wouldn't take kindly to a Sailors and Bum Boys party.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    what the fuck is wrong with your school?

• Is there a race requirement to pimp or ho these days?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Is there a race requirement to pimp or ho these days?

tha game is to be sold, not to be told

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    what the fuck is wrong with your school?

It's not just his school, this shit is everywhere, and it is consistantly disgusting. Themed parties usually suck, and there are usually a lot of girls who need to put some clothing on, cause there are somethings (read: people) you just don't want to see that much of.

The one dope themed party I heard of was a supposed "funk" party, but when I got there I felt like an idiot with the James Brown 45 hung around my neck cause no one was dressed for the occasion, and there was zero funk played at the party. What gives.

As for the racism of the Pimps and Hoes shindig, I never really thought of it, but it actually is pretty fucked come to think of it.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Danno
    1. Film that shit,infiltrate like you down with some superficial signifiers
    and doc u men tree that nasty little corner of culture

2.And most importantly,invite a REAL PIMP and some hoes to get STANKY and FREAKEY with the "normal" well adjusted party go-ers,film and blackmail at will.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    that rael pimp shit

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Themed parties usually suck, and there are usually a lot of girls who need to put some clothing on, cause there are somethings (read: people) you just don't want to see that much of.

I don't know what kind of theme parties you're going to, but I have been to all amazing ones. In fact, I would say that theme parties are usually way more fun than non-theme parties.

• is anyone else bothered by the fact that the dude double-dipped?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I don't know what kind of theme parties you're going to, but I have been to all amazing ones. In fact, I would say that theme parties are usually way more fun than non-theme parties.

YOU SOUND (KILL)WHITE(Y)

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I was at one of these this year and it wasn't a pretty sight. Needless to say I didn't dress up.....

• I was at one of these this year and it wasn't a pretty sight. Needless to say I didn't dress up.....

you lose massive points for even showing up to one knowing somebody who would invite you

[mikeseaversnikes]But I don't get what the big deal is with these type of parties !!!!!!!!![/mikeseaversnikes]

• D

but yo! this picture/thread finally proves my theory true! A theory that I've held all my life...

white people look the same!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    You would think that racketeers of an illegal business would try to keep a lower profile

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

[mikeseaversnikes]But I don't get what the big deal is with these type of parties !!!!!!!!![/mikeseaversnikes]

Does Meagan Good like these parties? If so, I will be staying home.

• [mikeseaversnikes]But I don't get what the big deal is with these type of parties !!!!!!!!![/mikeseaversnikes]

Does Meagan Good like these parties? If so, I will be staying home.

yeah dude....don't bring her mug!

• D

but yo! this picture/thread finally proves my theory true! A theory that I've held all my life...

white people look the same!

BRINGING THE MUCH NEEDED FUNNY!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

the many faces of raj + fred savage

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    I was at one of these this year and it wasn't a pretty sight. Needless to say I didn't dress up.....

Please tell me this was work related.

I always cringe when I see someone in public wearing one of those afro wigs. If it's not Halloween, please put that shit away, and even then...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    augh it was this asian girl I knew, so many levels of NAYGLE in the place. I didn't know about the "theme" until a few hrs before I went.

as you can see, the condo is rather bourgie, in yorkville to be exact.

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    augh it was this asian girl I knew, so many levels of NAYGLE in the place. I didn't know about the "theme" until a few hrs before I went.

as you can see, the condo is rather bourgie, in yorkville to be exact.

That's a bar in someones home? Damn.

Oh, and those are some lame looking pimp outfits. No self-respecting pimp would wear that shit. The pimps in my nieghbourhood are all about leather baseball hats, throwbacks and scuffed to hell Air Force 1's. As you can tell, they also are not self-respecting pimps.

• Why not show up to a pimp and ho party and beat the SHIT out of a hoe. Demand your money. If she actually gives it to you, look at it briefly and commence to beat her some more talking about, "Do I look like a midget to you? Then WHY DO YOU THINK I WOULD TAKE THIS SHORT ASS MONEY BITCH?"

Then plug a pimp in the leg with an old school ass six shooter

• Why not show up to a pimp and ho party and beat the SHIT out of a hoe. Demand your money. If she actually gives it to you, look at it briefly and commence to beat her some more talking about, "Do I look like a midget to you? Then WHY DO YOU THINK I WOULD TAKE THIS SHORT ASS MONEY BITCH?"

This has the makings of a good episode of "when keeping it real goes wrong". Bringing a real pimp to a pimp and ho party would leave all of the faux-pimps with pissy pants.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That photo is really well shot! the lighting, and everything... did you use a tripod? the subject is -mad-tarded-yo- but the way the shot was taken was really nice. what kind of camera?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Why not show up to a pimp and ho party and beat the SHIT out of a hoe. Demand your money. If she actually gives it to you, look at it briefly and commence to beat her some more talking about, "Do I look like a midget to you? Then WHY DO YOU THINK I WOULD TAKE THIS SHORT ASS MONEY BITCH?"

Or get all poetic on them and read passages aloud from Iceberg Slim's memoir 'PIMP'

The flowery passages about picking out just the right kind of hanger to beat your bottom bitch with (and then graphically describing said beating)is always good for a big belly-laugh!

Or maybe you can hand out Department of Justice Press Releases, I think it may really get folks in the spirit of things!

• Or maybe you can hand out Department of Justice Press Releases, I think it may really get folks in the spirit of things!

30 years is not nearly enough for this piece of shit.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    these types of parties were all too common back in my days at UT (i know...big surpise).

And apparently they[/b] still are.....

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I think you're all making a mountain out of a molehill.

• I think you're all making a mountain out of a minstrel show.[/b]

Care to post pics of yourself in a "pimp costume"?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I think you're all making a mountain out of a molehill.

I would agree with you completely if this was a discussion about the use of the word 'pimp', 'pimpin', 'pimped-out', etc, but this is about grown-up adults getting their jollies by the time-(dis)honored tradition of 'slumming'.

Just like rich folks who in the 50s and 60s would hold parties in the subways in NYC to get that gritty street vibe going ("oh, my, honey, isn't it exciting to see how our maid comes to work everyday!"), these parties are this generation's ugly tip of the hat to 'how the other half lives', and how they seem to have NO IDEA that their views of 'the other half', ie Black People, are immersed soley in stereotypes and innacurate social history that is OFFENSIVE to decent people of every race.