NBA Strut - Brawling in the Garden...!

124»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What do you mean? If I ever physically assaulted someone on the job in any job I've ever had I would have been fired on the spot.

No man....what about the PIGS man...they get little piggy raises for beating folks up....eff the pigs man.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    How do scoring averages work out with suspensions like this? Does melo technically stay at 31.6 a game and on top of the league until he starts playing again or somebody passes him?

I think after missing 15 games, he'll be out of the ranking, but if he plays the rest of the season, he should be back in it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Wait, did Collins even get a punishment?

I would expect atleast a one game suspension, considering the foul was malicious.

• Thank God Melo did run..Dude would have been stomped out on Live TV ....

LOL!!!

Doods, Stern loves his paper. Jim Rome nailed it, I think. You can't have Joe Corporate shelling out $2K for courtside jammies when there's a chance he might catch a fat lip from Mardy Collins or JR Smith in the process.

Did Karl ever coach NY Knicks? They were saying maybe Karl was stickin it to NY for his boy L. Brown (as far as having starters in at garbage time).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wait, did Collins even get a punishment?

I would expect atleast a one game suspension, considering the foul was malicious.

NO, dont get it twisted. It was a st8 hard foul. That's what a Flagrant foul is called. Just because it escalated doesnt mean it's an assalt charge. If that's the case Bell should have been out of the playoffs. Shit is part of the game. This would not have happened if the Knicks had an actual chance to tie/win the game.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    No, I think Brown and Karl are friends from when they both played for North Carolina.

The craziest thing about this is the fact that Isiah thought that everyone would agree with his reasoning. Like it was OK because they were disrespecting the Knicks playing their starters when the Knicks, in Isiah's words, had already "surrendered." Like it's beyond Isiah's thinking to understand that this is not how to play that situation.

• Wait, did Collins even get a punishment?

Collins actually got 6 games. I checked in at nba.com and here is what Stern handed out:

"The suspensions and fines are below:

The Knicks and Nuggets organizations have each been fined $500,000 each as a result of the altercation.
    Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony has been suspended for 15 games.
    Knicks guard Nate Robinson has been suspended for 10 games.
    Nuggets guard J.R. Smith has been suspended for 10 games.
    Knicks guard Mardy Collins has been suspended for six games.
    Knicks forward Jared Jeffries has been suspended for four games.
    Knicks center Jerome James has been suspended for one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation.
    Nuggets forward Nene has been suspended one game for leaving the bench during an on-court altercation."

What REALLY sucks is that the 15th game of Melo's suspension is the Cleveland game at the Pepsi, and I was about to get $100 seats for that. THANK GOD I DIDN'T. Haha. I guess Melo could appeal though? It worked for Jermaine O'Neal...

• 15 game suspension for Anthony!

One punch? One Punch?

They actually added 5 games to the suspension 'cause he punches like a girl.

if a 6'8" 230lb dude hit you i think you'd be crying like a girl.

No I wouldn't... because I'd be unconscious. Anyway, my point was a 6'8" 230lb dude who punches like a girl is a danger to all, hence the long suspension.

• I don't get the part about him hitting like a girl. He BARELY hit a dude and the dude fell to the ground. I have never seen a typical female come that rough before. I'd say if anything, Collins takes a hit like a girl! lol. aight y'all, another day, another soulstrut thread in the books. Have a good night.

• im surprised nate robinson didnt get the longest suspension out of all of them considering he went in like f*cking gangbusters! that dude is fierce! 5'8 and throwing hooks like abdul jabbar!

• Was it Isiah who said something to the effect of "they were trying to embarras us in our home"?
    Well it's not like they needed any help in that department!