NBA Strut - Brawling in the Garden...!

Comments

• on your interpretation of 'Melo's sucker punch and run. Collins and Robinson are most definitely at fault here but why the hell did George Karl still have 4 of 5 starters in a blowout game with a minute left? No reason Anthony should have even been in that game. I hope Denver management talks to Karl about that.

hey go watch the replay of it if you don't believe me, he was squared up waiting for him while he was running at him. Granted he wasn't trying to keep the fight going, but if Collins didn't stop coming at him he was ready to handle it. And a sucker punch is when you don't see it coming, watch it again. Collins and Melo are looking at each other and talking to each other, Collins trying to talk shit and slide off toward the bench, Melo, still watching him, cuts through some folks to meet him face to face, then punches him. It wasn't a sucker punch.

I watched the game and they did not meet "face to face". Also, check this quote from Chris Sheridan on ESPN.com:

My first guess was that Anthony would be suspended for four games, a prediction I related to Denver coach George Karl after he reviewed a tape of the fight.

"I'll take the over," he said.

Even Denver's coach thinks that once the tape is reviewed that they are going to suspend the shit out of this guy.

• I watched the game and they did not meet "face to face".

I have it recorded on a DVR on a 100 inch projection screen and I watched it about 10 times last night. You saw it on TV.

• I watched the game and they did not meet "face to face".

I have it recorded on a DVR on a 100 inch projection screen and I watched it about 10 times last night. You saw it on TV.

Don't watch me watch TV.

• haha

I ain't.

• haha

I ain't.

No, I ain't mad. I'm a Nets fan. I got my own problems.

And for the record, I got a HD flat screen LCD with DVR.

• haha

I ain't.

No, I ain't mad. I'm a Nets fan. I got my own problems.

And for the record, I got a HD flat screen LCD with DVR.

haha see we can all ball. and hey while i like the nets too, i'm sure we can agree to disagree on Melo's level of gulliness. have a nice day.

• the nba is going down the drain

That already happened years ago. It is now rotting in the bowels of the sewer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I also want to comment on Coach Thomas as well. Man I really used to love the guy when he was a player, I wish he had just left his career at that. Why is he walking up to another team's players on the court and telling them they shouldn't be in the game anymore? What the fuck is that nonsense? Maybe they want to play Melo late in a game like this to keep his scoring average up? Thomas claims that we deliberately left our starters in at the end of the game to rub the victory in their face. You wanna talk about childish... He was basically saying that he thought it was Denver's fault for starting this, like we antagonized. We were playing basketball, I don't know what the fuck the knicks were doing! And he says that Collins "grabbed" Smith and acted like it was MAYBE a flagrant 1. Watch the playback little homie, Collins all but 2-fisted Smith. He came down so hard on him with that foul that you could hear the slap/thud of Collins' arms on Smith's neck/chest in the microphones. That was one of the worst flagrants I've seen since Kobe/Bell last year (the clothesline joint).

Even if Denver kept their starters in near the end, does warrent possibly hurting somebody. I do believe in fuckin somebody up in the proper context. Collins was changing the flow of the game ala Xman on Pippen.
    There was nothin to gain from this hard foul but an ego boost. Shit was real fuckin stoopid. And why the fuck is Nate yelling at Smith. SMITH JUst got hit!!!! WTF> Umad cause he was showboating w/ a minute left.That some real bitch ass bullshit. The showboating isnt to cool either but the Knicks had made a serious run in the 3rd quarter forcing the Nuggets starters to return & hold off the Knicks comeback.

• still...Melo deserves NO love for throwing that cornball punch, you wanna have your teammates back? be a leader? get in there, break that fight up, stand in someones's grill - this ain't a bar, no street fight, it ain't the cage. it's the NBA and its still business. at the end of the day. all these players are gonna hold hands and sing kumbaya all the way to the bank...but throwing a punch? you think MJ would ever try and knock a fool out like that? but at the same time would he ever back down? nope. Melo? team jordan has an imposter on their roster.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Enjoyed reading this mess.....some random thoughts.

1) The Knicks suck

2) This fist to the face stuff is nothing new, nor does it by itself represent the NBA going down the tubes. Just ask Rudy Tomjanovich or his plastic surgeon.

3) I loved the comment about this hurting Melo's reputation. After appearing in the "Stop Snitching" video he was up for the Humanitarian Of the Year award. And if anyone should appreciate folks not snitchin' it's Carmelo as not once but twice have "friends" stepped up and taken the rap when Cops found dope in his backpack and his car.

4) The Knicks Suck.

5) Allen Iverson came out and said he wanted nothing to do with the Sixers anymore, not the other way around.

6) It's pretty ironic that the year David Stern decides to "clamp down" on Techincal Fouls and potential violence, there are more T's and violence than ever. Coincidence or just a bunch of immature grown-ups rebelling against the authority figure??

7) And finally.......The Knicks SUCK.

• Enjoyed reading this mess.....some random thoughts.

1) The Knicks suck

2) This fist to the face stuff is nothing new, nor does it by itself represent the NBA going down the tubes. Just ask Rudy Tomjanovich or his plastic surgeon.

3) I loved the comment about this hurting Melo's reputation. After appearing in the "Stop Snitching" video he was up for the Humanitarian Of the Year award. And if anyone should appreciate folks not snitchin' it's Carmelo as not once but twice have "friends" stepped up and taken the rap when Cops found dope in his backpack and his car.

4) The Knicks Suck.

5) Allen Iverson came out and said he wanted nothing to do with the Sixers anymore, not the other way around.

6) It's pretty ironic that the year David Stern decides to "clamp down" on Techincal Fouls and potential violence, there are more T's and violence than ever. Coincidence or just a bunch of immature grown-ups rebelling against the authority figure??

wait...lemme get this straight. you trying to tell me the Knicks SUCK?!

Enjoyed reading this mess.....some random thoughts.

1) The Knicks suck

4) The Knicks Suck.

wait...lemme get this straight. you trying to tell me the Knicks SUCK?!

It's really sad too as young guys like Eddie Curry and David Lee have been playing their ass off.....the only solution I see for their future is buying Marbury, Francis and Isaiah one way tickets out of town and start to re-build.

• Melo? team jordan has an imposter on their roster.

please be serious b/w gtfohwtbs

Melo? team jordan has an imposter on their roster.

please be serious b/w gtfohwtbs

Most Valuable Puncher........

WE GOTTA HAVE HOUSE

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

There's a lot of shitty vids on YT - this one has
    the best shots that I could find.

• "please stop choking me i'm sorry man...i'm sorry!"

you do realize that's the dude that got socked in the grill and fell on his ass, right?

you do realize that's the dude that got socked in the grill and fell on his ass, right?

nah b, that's jared jeffries. mardy collins got knocked out.

• Where were Crawford, Marbury and Curry during all this?
    Did Crawford already bounce to the club and start setting up the turntables?
    Was Curry in the chair getting another neck piece at Wicked Tattz in Brownsville?
    Was Marbury at the drawing board trying to create sneakers that actually retail for nothing?

nah b, that's jared jeffries. mardy collins got knocked out.

oh shit my bad, yeah i forgot all about jeffries, he was in the mix too. he chased melo down after melo hit collins. when did jeffries choke melo, before or after he punched the other dude?

Where were Crawford, Marbury and Curry during all this?
    Did Crawford already bounce to the club and start setting up the turntables?
    Was Curry in the chair getting another neck piece at Wicked Tattz in Brownsville?
    Was Marbury at the drawing board trying to create sneakers that actually retail for nothing?

Probably saving money by staying near the bench.

oh shit my bad, yeah i forgot all about jeffries, he was in the mix too. he chased melo down after melo hit collins. when did jeffries choke melo, before or after he punched the other dude?

Before, but i was just a quick hold. Not full on choke like Dale Davis did a couple years back.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I was watching the game and as soon as Smith threw down that first reverse jam I knew something was going to happen. You dont go into MSG on a Saturday night and blow the Knicks out AND start trying to get on Sportcenter with all those alley-oops and reverses without some consequences. Especially against Isaiah Thomas. Dude was 'hood back when Melo was swimming in his daddy's nuts, if someone had done that to the Pistons when he was playing it would have probably have gone down even worse.

'Melo looked like he was covering TO the way he backpedaled down the court after throwing that sucker punch.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

What happened to your super instant replay, 10 DVRd (mentioned twice) viewings on your 100 inch projection screen?

What happened to your super instant replay, 10 DVRd (mentioned twice) viewings on your 100 inch projection screen?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That foul by Collins was a Raja-bell like pansy move. Just disgraceful.

Now who were the people talking about the "Knicks are playing some ball this season!".

GOOD HIT BY MELO. He's still a thug. Gotta give props to Nate Robinson for getting in the mix early, and chasing after Melo like a midget. lol

So much for David Stern and company trying to clean up the NBA's image. Maybe they'll make a new rule, disallowing any new players with tats from entering the league.

• i was at the garden, shit was crazy .. i was actually on the way out (decided to leave with about 2 mins left), got down one level, then heard the crowd going off .. there was a huge crush to get back into the stadium, i got back just as melo hit mardy and saw jeff chasing after melo, who had his dukes all up looking like he was ready to fight behind a wall of about 10 other people. he was literally on the other baseline from where the shit started. but if youve ever been on the MTA in the late afternoon when high school lets out you know that all new york kids ever talk about is fighting so everyone who was left at the garden was loving it .. all they were saying is "rep new york yo!" over and over again, kinda stupid but i bet attendace at the games actually goes up after this

j.r. smith got fucked up pretty badly too ... lil nate isnt afraid of contact