NBA Strut - Brawling in the Garden...!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    YEA, GO NEW YORK!

but i bet attendace at the games actually goes up after this

I hope you're being serious.

• oh shit my bad, yeah i forgot all about jeffries, he was in the mix too. he chased melo down after melo hit collins. when did jeffries choke melo, before or after he punched the other dude?

What happened to your super instant replay, 10 DVRd (mentioned twice) viewings on your 100 inch projection screen?

jeffries grabbing melo's neck was not on the broadcast i watched (altitude). i just saw him running down the court after carmelo.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That foul by Collins was a Raja-bell like pansy move. Just disgraceful.

At least The Suns were in the game at that point.
    I think the Enforcer idea is cool but not w/ a minute to go and your down by 20.
    Ive also never seen a hard foul/flagrant given to curtail showboating.

It's the ultimate admittance of defeat.

It's the ultimate admittance of defeat.

• but i bet attendace at the games actually goes up after this

actually i am. i'm not proud of the incident but i'm telling you - everyone left talking about it all excited and shit ... good or bad, its excitement

i predicted before the season started that the knicks would be in a squab at some point, i just didnt expect mardy collins and jared jeffries to be in the middle of it

everyone involved in this looks pretty bad right now, but if you think melo is the one looking hard then shit, i dont know what to say. he is absolutely amazing to watch in person, however. unstoppable scorer.

• Where were Crawford, Marbury and Curry during all this?

the bench. it's an automatic suspension to leave during a fight.

but i bet attendace at the games actually goes up after this

actually i am. i'm not proud of the incident but i'm telling you - everyone left talking about it all excited and shit ... good or bad, its excitement

i predicted before the season started that the knicks would be in a squab at some point, i just didnt expect mardy collins and jared jeffries to be in the middle of it

everyone involved in this looks pretty bad right now, but if you think melo is the one looking hard then shit, i dont know what to say. he is absolutely amazing to watch in person, however. unstoppable scorer.

At the very least I can appreciate your geniune love and support for your team.

Like you said though, Melo didn't respond in a professional manner. But once in a while, when players let their emotions go, instead of pushing and shoving, it's refreshing to see. But damn, it was hilarious to see that little Nate take down J.R. Smith and chase after Melo.

• if you think melo is the one looking hard then shit, i dont know what to say. he is absolutely amazing to watch in person, however. unstoppable scorer.

you know after the excitement died down for me, it all looks so stupid. what a bad situation to be involved in all around. melo should be the one setting the example on his team now but i'm not mad at him, that situation was pretty unexpected and he did get in there to help his man out. he just let it get to him and went off on that dude. it was still exciting to watch, you can't deny that.

• 15 game suspension for Anthony!

• J.R. Smith and Nate Robinson each got 10. NBA came down real hard.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    ehh. i'd say its a nice stern punishment (no pun intended). not overly brutal, but not too namby pamby.

i didn't expect it to be that harsh!!! melo gone for 1/4 of the remaining season.

• dang! even jeffries got 4 games for his little choke hold

let it be known.

don't be brawling in the NBA...keep it

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    melo is bitchmade. always got bad vibes from dude.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Thank God Melo did run..Dude would have been stomped out on Live TV ....

15 game suspension for Anthony!

One punch? One Punch?

One punch? One Punch?

Upon further replays (admittedly not on a large projection screen) the punch appears to be more of a punch/slap hybrid. or , you decide.

One punch? One Punch?

They actually added 5 games to the suspension 'cause he punches like a girl.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

One punch? One Punch?

One punch. I had a pretty good feeling that he'd get 10+, taking into account that he was not in any kind of danger when he went around Mark Aguire to reach Collins his fist, bitch slap or not. That's what he got (extra)reprimanded for.

One punch? One Punch?

I thought it was a nice hit considering Collins was kinda wobbly after it.

• This is a goddamn joke compared to what would happen to people with real jobs.

No tears from me.

• J.R. Smith and Nate Robinson each got 10. NBA came down real hard.

Nate should have gotten 30 seeing as how he threw 2 punches

Guess I don't need to worry about going to any games for a while. Hah.

How do scoring averages work out with suspensions like this? Does melo technically stay at 31.6 a game and on top of the league until he starts playing again or somebody passes him?

One punch? One Punch?

They're just using him as an example. It was a big mistake for him to cross that line to the point where he was even thinking about hitting somebody. It was a stupid mistake and cost him a lot (possibly cost him an all-star appearance, his team a division championship, and a playoff appearance). It's a shame but Stern doesn't want this shit happening obviously, hence the 15 games. If Nate Robinson or Mardy Collins were anything more than mediocre second string players, I bet you their punishments would have been worse. Wait, did Collins even get a punishment?

And if you're gonna sit there and call Carmelo Anthony "bitchmade" and not even mention Isiaih Thomas, Nate Robinson, or Mardy Collins, then you're clearly speaking just to hate.

One punch? One Punch?

if a 6'8" 230lb dude hit you i think you'd be crying like a girl.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is a goddamn joke compared to what would happen to people with real jobs.

No tears from me.

Here in Texas if you punch out one of your co-workers you get a week of paid vacation......two weeks if they "needed punching".

• ehh. i'd say its a nice stern punishment (no pun intended). not overly brutal, but not too namby pamby.

True, Artest got a 73 game suspension, Jackson 50, and O'neal 15 in 2004. Granted, that was for fighting with fans, but still... 15 isn't THAT bad, and if the Nuggets can pull 7-10 wins out of the next 15 without melo (which is kinda doubtful, but I'm a wishful thinker), I think we can still maintain a seat in the playoffs. Now, the MVP is definitely shot for Melo, but if the team can still do something this year, I'm happy.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This is a goddamn joke compared to what would happen to people with real jobs.

False

• What do you mean? If I ever physically assaulted someone on the job in any job I've ever had I would have been fired on the spot.