the clipse lp is that PFFFFF!

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Did I link you to my myspace page?
    I dont really care if people see my picture or whatever, I'm just saying

• i can basically imagine this album's contents which is what i think people did and why they've been calling it a classic since its release was announced.

Stop making assumptions. Listen to the album. You've posted the most in this thread and you have nothing to say.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is that supposed to be me?

Are you denying that that is you?

I GOT A QUESTION:

So I was reading an interview earlier this year about the Clipse in Mass Appeal (PRE INTERNET FANBOY) and they where basically talking *complaining* about all these dudes biting there style, them being misunderstood, and if they where putting out music they would be the hottest schitt. Which they also talked about a few times on We Got It For Cheap vol (Y'ALL DUDES GOT THE CROWN BY DEFAULT)...the question:

Why isn't this labeled as "ass-hurt"/ behavior by the interneteratti?

Young Phonics, do you need a tutorial on the meaning of ass-hurt?

The ass-hurt personality is someone who is perpetually aggrieved when he has no reason to be. Someone who sees a conspiracy behind his low album sales, when a more ready explanation exists in the fact that his album is trash. Somebody who feels that he is somehow a victim of SoulStrut elitism. Someone who is a fan of the Mavs.

Being unhappy with a situation that actually does merit unhappiness does not = ass-hurt.

Nay, again

Them crying about how they're irrelevant and some other artists are= ASS-HURT. They need to take it like men and except that they themselves don't matter, no one under 25 cares about they're "hits" from years ago, and they should just stop making music. UPS IS ALWAYS HIRING. LOL @ THE CLIPSE! They're so ancient anyways!

Anyone who's situation is that of a walking footnote should be unhappy, but that's the game! And a young man's at that.

I don't think you know which way is up anymore, Faux. You might as well clear the slate for every old school rapper sobbing about their "unhappy situation" of time snaping, poping, and shoulder leaning pass them.

No, Young Phonics, it is you who must pull the woolen kufi from his eyes.

Clipse are platinum-plus rappers who were prevented by label politics from putting out a record.

This is not at all the same as dudes whining about the fact that nobody wanted to hear the album(s) that they actually did put out. See: the CD changer on your skateboard.

• Is that supposed to be me?

I can neither confirm nor deny that that may be, or not be, or have at one time been, or not been, me.

Is that supposed to be me?

I can neither confirm nor deny that that may be, or not be, or have at one time been, or not been, me.

Do not attempt to prolong the charade: we all know that those pictures you occasionally post of your supposed physical were lifted from a Maxican American singles website.

• I GOT A QUESTION:

So I was reading an interview earlier this year about the Clipse in Mass Appeal (PRE INTERNET FANBOY) and they where basically talking *complaining* about all these dudes biting there style, them being misunderstood, and if they where putting out music they would be the hottest schitt. Which they also talked about a few times on We Got It For Cheap vol (Y'ALL DUDES GOT THE CROWN BY DEFAULT)...the question:

Why isn't this labeled as "ass-hurt"/ behavior by the interneteratti?

Young Phonics, do you need a tutorial on the meaning of ass-hurt?

The ass-hurt personality is someone who is perpetually aggrieved when he has no reason to be. Someone who sees a conspiracy behind his low album sales, when a more ready explanation exists in the fact that his album is trash. Somebody who feels that he is somehow a victim of SoulStrut elitism. Someone who is a fan of the Mavs.

Being unhappy with a situation that actually does merit unhappiness does not = ass-hurt.

Nay, again

Them crying about how they're irrelevant and some other artists are= ASS-HURT. They need to take it like men and except that they themselves don't matter, no one under 25 cares about they're "hits" from years ago, and they should just stop making music. UPS IS ALWAYS HIRING. LOL @ THE CLIPSE! They're so ancient anyways!

Anyone who's situation is that of a walking footnote should be unhappy, but that's the game! And a young man's at that.

I don't think you know which way is up anymore, Faux. You might as well clear the slate for every old school rapper sobbing about their "unhappy situation" of time snaping, poping, and shoulder leaning pass them.

No, Young Phonics, it is you who must pull the woolen kufi from his eyes.

Clipse are platinum-plus rappers who were prevented by label politics from putting out a record.

This is not at all the same as dudes whining about the fact that nobody wanted to hear the album(s) that they actually did put out. See: the CD changer on your skateboard.

Label Politics=The real test and measuring stick of a artists sack-atude. If you're able to walk on the hot firery coals that is "INDUSTRY RULE 4080" without shedding a single tear or whimper laden pull-quote then fine, but those twins where baaaaaaaaaallin' and I don't mean in a Jim Jones-esque "We Stay Flay" type of way.

GOOD DAY SIR, I SAID GOOD DAY!

P.S. They exhibited the same misty-eyed berivement in The Fader as well. I remember sitting in my den, after a long day of wine tasting and nude model sketching , snickering at Pusha T "miffed" that Chad Hugo brought the wrong keys to their studiio after they both where waiting for hours. Pusha's response was something to the extent of "*SIGH* Not this again....always on somebody elses damn time...."

LORD WHINING!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I just heard this 6 times in a row. I haven't heard WGIFC 1 & 2 so I can't say which is better, but this sounds damn good to me. Coherent, not too long. In the context of the whole album even Skateboard Pee on Mr. Me sounds good. Some pretty facemelting beats and good rhymes overall. Yeah, could possibly be a contender for album of the year.

• I just heard this 6 times in a row. I haven't heard WGIFC 1 & 2 (:() so I can't say which is better, but this sounds damn good to me. Coherent, not too long. In the context of the whole album even Skateboard Pee on Mr. Me sounds good. Some pretty facemelting beats and good rhymes overall. Yeah, could possibly be a contender for album of the year.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've very eager to hear WGIFC 1 & 2

?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Coherent, not too long.

its pretty sad that it has to come to this...but yeah, i was glad to see that the lp was under 15 tracks.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    this one better be worth the hype, thats all i gotta say. COT DAMN!!!

• no more links for me? dayammmmnnnnnnn
    please to repost or am i SOL

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I think this still works.

• no more links for me? dayammmmnnnnnnn
    please to repost or am i SOL

damn, my upload was snitched upon and deleted. I can re-up later if this sendspace one above doesn't work. i guess it's smart to change the file names, didn't think of that. Oh well.

• Aser - thanks for the upload.

Just listened to this.

These guys are pretty g*ddamn unremarkable rappers. The one dude sounds like Puff Daddy on the mic. The other guy sounds like Camp Lo.

"I'm like the black Martha Stewart/showing you this is how you do it." = pretty much the only original/memorable line on this album.

Sure, the Neptunes production is aight and the club will like some of these joints.

But g*ddamn if these guys aren't some boring cocaine rappers. If I wanna hear about the crack game I will listen to Ghostface. At least he makes it interesting.

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE. no disrespect to VA but dope MCs these guys ain't.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Aser - thanks for the upload.

Just listened to this.

These guys are pretty g*ddamn unremarkable rappers. The one dude sounds like Puff Daddy on the mic. The other guy sounds like Camp Lo.

"I'm like the black Martha Stewart/showing you this is how you do it." = pretty much the only original/memorable line on this album.

Sure, the Neptunes production is aight and the club will like some of these joints.

But g*ddamn if these guys aren't some boring cocaine rappers. If I wanna hear about the crack game I will listen to Ghostface. At least he makes it interesting.

• and for the record my opinion of this jawn has nothing to do with the line about pyrex pots creating tightwads like they're Jewish. that line doesn't even make much sense.

• Aser - thanks for the upload.

Just listened to this.

Safety:

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Just listened to this.

Safety:

Trust me, i think alot of their phors went over your head mayne. This shit is pretty hot if you ask me.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the line about pyrex pots creating tightwads like they're Jewish. that line doesn't even make much sense.

get it? tight wads?

does this line really need more-in-carmen style exposition?

• I take back what i said yesterday, been playing this all day and while i still prefer Lord Willin, it's a great album, and possibly my album of the year (the closest contenders have been mixtapes...) i can now remove my ass protector...

Just listened to this.

Is there a way to double cross something out?

In the mindgarden of rootlesscosmo the Clipse are "pretty goddamn unremarkable" while the Game is "nice!"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I take back what i said yesterday, been playing this all day and while i still prefer Lord Willin, it's a great album, and possibly my album of the year (the closest contenders have been mixtapes...) i can now remove my ass protector...
    the albums are pretty different. lord willing had a lot more pop tracks while this shit is pretty dark in comparison

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    phors

• To me, they're just very witty with their descriptions, which is cool and all, but what are they REALLY saying?

It's cute how you cheerleaders ignored my question.

Herm

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Deej when did you start writing for GQ? Congrats!

• To me, they're just very witty with their descriptions, which is cool and all, but what are they REALLY saying?

It's cute how you cheerleaders ignored my question.

Herm

Do they REALLY have to say something?

• the line about pyrex pots creating tightwads like they're Jewish. that line doesn't even make much sense.

get it? tight wads?

does this line really need more-in-carmen style exposition?

right, but listen to the line again. it's like the pyrex pots produce tightwads (of crack presumably), and so they (the pyrex pots) are Jewish. it's just a whack rap lyric. the idea is there, but they fail. much like this album.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you don't like rap music

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    trill and chinese new year are some of the best tracks released in the past years