the clipse lp is that PFFFFF!

Comments

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    I really appreciate when rapperdudes put time into their schitt.

Exactly what I was thinking. I had some computer sh*t to do and listened to the album 3 or 4 times. It's pretty layered, pretty refined. I dig.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I don't get the filler thing on King, I guess I'm not really behind "Good Life" and the jamie foxx song but other than that its pretty much straight killer on a v. long album so I have trouble complaining.

So you ride for "Standup Guy"? Why am I not even surprised?
    Why U hatt the loverman rap???

Tip is way better than most rappers at that shit.

I want to know what SIX songs dude would cut.

• I haven't heard the leak- but these dudes have been the best rappers out for a few years now.

I'm talkin just raps

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

And by the way folks, if it's that hot, buy it when it comes out.

• And by the way folks, if it's that hot, download the retail version when it comes out.

• I haven't heard the leak- but these dudes have been the best rappers out for a few years now.

I'm talkin just raps

I don't know, I still can't see why everybody thinks these dudes are genius. To me, they're just very witty with their descriptions, which is cool and all, but what are they REALLY saying?

Herm

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks they sound rather Camp Lo-ish on "Ride Around Shining?"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I don't know, I still can't see why everybody thinks these dudes are genius.

Did someone actually claim this? I don't know if I've ever heard of the Clipse praised as "geniuses." They are highly effective at what they do however.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    project pat is easily a much better rapper than pusha t or malice

I can't really take that schitt yall write seriously.

• Clipse have an excessive amount of dickriders on here who would listen to Pusha burping over a the sound of an accordion falling down a flight of stairs and say it's that next shit...

accordion=too loud for neptoon sensibilities. Maybe a slinky...

Lord Willin has a couple jams fo sho, but c'mon man. Ma I don't love her? that's the kind of schmidt that Janet Jackson should be droppin, it certainly ain't my kind of hip-hop. Because it's soft? No. Because of the annoying, condescending, lackadaisical, ballariffic attitude? Exactly.

That being said, of course Grindin will get your blood racing just like Drop it like it's hot, or any of the other neptoon creations. Clipse want to have it all and instead they are just dissipated primates painting by numbers.

• I GOT A QUESTION:

So I was reading an interview earlier this year about the Clipse in Mass Appeal (PRE INTERNET FANBOY) and they where basically talking *complaining* about all these dudes biting there style, them being misunderstood, and if they where putting out music they would be the hottest schitt. Which they also talked about a few times on We Got It For Cheap vol (Y'ALL DUDES GOT THE CROWN BY DEFAULT)...the question:

Why isn't this labeled as "ass-hurt"/ behavior by the interneteratti?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    complaining about haters is given an automatic pass of asshurt forgiveness

• nay

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    would you consider the skit "shark niggaz" on the all-time classic cuban linx to be ass-hurt?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    would you consider the skit "shark niggaz" on the all-time classic cuban linx to be ass-hurt?

Ask Biggie 'bout it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I feel this way about Lord Willin, but they kind of deflated on those mixtapes everyone loves to a mechanical jokey punchline thing that is technically accomplished and initially interesting but seems almost too clinical, removed and one-dimensional compared to Lord Willin. It doesn't help that so much of the talk about those mixtapes was some self-congratulatory "those witty rappers" tip. I mean Jeezy got the same style of reviews but I guess the difference there was that with his rapping, he seemed to have something to lose, his behavior risky and edgy. Clipse's cocky coolness is appealing like Bukowski stories, but that attitude has a similar remove from reality as Bukowski's who-gives-a-fuck alcoholics. To me despite Jeezy's cockiness, he always seems on the verge of reality biting back.

Namedropping bukowski in a clipse review. So pitchforkish.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I feel this way about Lord Willin, but they kind of deflated on those mixtapes everyone loves to a mechanical jokey punchline thing that is technically accomplished and initially interesting but seems almost too clinical, removed and one-dimensional compared to Lord Willin. It doesn't help that so much of the talk about those mixtapes was some self-congratulatory "those witty rappers" tip. I mean Jeezy got the same style of reviews but I guess the difference there was that with his rapping, he seemed to have something to lose, his behavior risky and edgy. Clipse's cocky coolness is appealing like Bukowski stories, but that attitude has a similar remove from reality as Bukowski's who-gives-a-fuck alcoholics. To me despite Jeezy's cockiness, he always seems on the verge of reality biting back.

I completely missed that, having been temporarily blinded by this:

To me despite Jeezy's cockiness, he always seems on the verge of reality biting back.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I GOT A QUESTION:

So I was reading an interview earlier this year about the Clipse in Mass Appeal (PRE INTERNET FANBOY) and they where basically talking *complaining* about all these dudes biting there style, them being misunderstood, and if they where putting out music they would be the hottest schitt. Which they also talked about a few times on We Got It For Cheap vol (Y'ALL DUDES GOT THE CROWN BY DEFAULT)...the question:

Young Phonics, do you need a tutorial on the meaning of ass-hurt?

The ass-hurt personality is someone who is perpetually aggrieved when he has no reason to be. Someone who sees a conspiracy behind his low album sales, when a more ready explanation exists in the fact that his album is trash. Somebody who feels that he is somehow a victim of SoulStrut elitism. Someone who is a fan of the Mavs.

Being unhappy with a situation that actually does merit unhappiness does not = ass-hurt.

• i was really fucking with "Ride Around Shinin'" from the album sampler...and "Mr. Me Too" was dope as well.

anxious to hear this in whole.

VA represent

• I GOT A QUESTION:

Young Phonics, do you need a tutorial on the meaning of ass-hurt?

The ass-hurt personality is someone who is perpetually aggrieved when he has no reason to be. Someone who sees a conspiracy behind his low album sales, when a more ready explanation exists in the fact that his album is trash. Somebody who feels that he is somehow a victim of SoulStrut elitism. Someone who is a fan of the Mavs.

Being unhappy with a situation that actually does merit unhappiness does not = ass-hurt.

Nay, again

Them crying about how they're irrelevant and some other artists are= ASS-HURT. They need to take it like men and except that they themselves don't matter, no one under 25 cares about they're "hits" from years ago, and they should just stop making music. UPS IS ALWAYS HIRING. LOL @ THE CLIPSE! They're so ancient anyways!

Anyone who's situation is that of a walking footnote should be unhappy, but that's the game! And a young man's at that.

I don't think you know which way is up anymore, Faux. You might as well clear the slate for every old school rapper sobbing about their "unhappy situation" of time snaping, poping, and shoulder leaning pass them.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    they sound rather Camp Lo-ish

I caught that. Cadences/ voice had me thinking sounds a liiiitle liiike...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

This ain't no 'clipse review' its a message board post. And this goes to faux-rillz on his grammatical error hunt too. I spend approx .005 of a second on this shit.

But seriously these dudes have more dickriders on the internet relative to their real world popularity than any group since...well, ghostface and doom.

Cue dudes hoping for a Doom, Clipse and ghostface collaboration.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    This ain't no 'clipse review' its a message board post.

You're arguing semantics. The fact is that you are what you hate most. The sooner you embrace this fact the sooner you'll be able to get on with your life.

Don't get mad - Pitchfork is hiring

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I don't hate pfork! I think their rap reviews are funny and occasionally frustrating. I like some of their non-rap writers.

I was using Bukowski to illustrate a point about music. I KNOW THE AUDIENCE. The audience is soulstrut, where Clipse are the GOATS and I'm sure enough of them know who bukowski is. Its not even a particularly hip namedrop! hes like the most popular poet of the 20th century.

• deej you have devoted a lot of time on a lot of messgae boards to talking about an album you haven't heard. how many times can you type "admittedly i haven't heard it" before you realize what that actually means?

this album ends with 'chinese new year.' actually this album could be 'chinese new year' 12 times and i would be ok with that. any bilal is too much bilal.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    deej you have devoted a lot of time on a lot of messgae boards to talking about an album you haven't heard. how many times can you type "admittedly i haven't heard it" before you realize what that actually means?

this album ends with 'chinese new year.' actually this album could be 'chinese new year' 12 times and i would be ok with that. any bilal is too much bilal.
    They rap about coke sales with clever lyrics. They have beats by the neptunes and choruses by pharell
    i can basically imagine this album's contents which is what i think people did and why they've been calling it a classic since its release was announced.

But yeah I'll leave it alone now. Whats the fun in arguing on the internet tho if you dont respond to baiting

• snaping, poping

• i can basically imagine this album's contents.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    chill w/ the estalking plz

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• Is that supposed to be me?

It's not estalking - that's your main pic on myspace