New Jay-z Track: Softbatch!

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited March 2016 in Music Talk

Publicly rationalizing Beyonce not having time for him? What part of the game is that!?

Seriously, between the Budweiser endorsement, the NASCAR tie-in, the business with the fake champagne and now this, what is dude even thinking?

Comments

• shock value has the world by the nuts.i heard that track this morning,it is very catchy,compared to uh....dip set

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Thankyou Lay-Zee. Or the hoover, or hummer or whatever else.

I take it he has finally stopped pretending, mounted his Eval Kineval ramp and cleared the shark by so far that even Faux Rilla might look be able to look at when he went *pop* retrospectively.

Never that son. Step to the realness blahdy-blah-blah and the blaaahzzz

:5pager:

• That song is injected with the sensitivity of 80 Ralph Tresvants. I'm all for dude showing a broad topical and emotional range but that shit could be played next to Najee and John Tesh with very little discernable difference. But I am impressed with how well dude is setting this record up.

• Would you say that he is displaying a conceptual arc?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Would you say that he is displaying a conceptual arc?

There are many troubling questions.

Why is Jay lying about Beyonce's age (he keeps saying that she's 23)--doesn't he realize that it just makes him sound like a dirty old man?

Rap having long since crossed over to white listeners, has Jay determined that white people over 50 is the next frontier and that he will be the first Black rapper to brave it (Eminem having already done so)?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Super soft

jesus...

with the slow flow its painfully worse

I am not sure if he is that sentimental and wrote this while crying or just forcing a sentimental track on his album

the beat is weak (gets some johnlegend/kanye softness at least) and the rhymes too

dude is all over the place right now

• Rap having long since crossed over to white listeners, has Jay determined that white people over 50 is the next frontier and that he will be the first Black rapper to brave it (Eminem having already done it)?

www.geezerp.com - You can already see the influence...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    furthermore the beyonce stuff is embarassing

people magazine action going on..."work on your career 'Be' "

The video for this will be horrible
    wheres the john mayer remix?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Damn...I, uh, kind of like this.

How is this more soft batch than "Song Cry" or "Regrets" or every other introspective song he's ever put out?

This said, the verse about B was .

Dr. Dre's beat however? Feeling it.

• who's got a copy of this for me?????

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

How is this more soft batch than "Song Cry" or "Regrets" or every other introspective song he's ever put out?

Exactly, he's always been soft batch.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This sounds wack. What is wrong with Hova? I want to hear about selling crack in Brooklyn and stabbin' fools with knives at strip clubs and shit!

Where is the emo-rap gremlin when you need it?

who's got a copy of this for me?????
    http://nahright.com/news/2006/10/25/jay-z-lost-ones/

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im hearing that this is probably a two year old song. which explains saying beyonce is 23.

Faux,

Minor point but Jay's nephew died last July (2005) and at that point, Beyonce would have been 23 (at least until Sep of that same year).

In any case, what's confusing is that the two of them are still together. SS's own Mr. Hsulu just wrote about the Jay-Z show in Taipei (note: it sucked) and the Taiwanese press kept talking about how Beyonce was traveling with him (but they were bummed she didn't perform).

Apparently, in Taiwan at least, B > J.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    who's got a copy of this for me?????
    This file is "FORBIDDEN TO BE SHARED; Complaints received"

Faux,

Minor point but Jay's nephew died last July (2005) and at that point, Beyonce would have been 23 (at least until Sep of that same year).

I can't believe you actually know her birthday!

And if that's the case, she would have only been 16 when DC's first album came out.

Exactly, he's always been soft batch.

He has always lacked local realness?

Faux,

I can't believe you actually know her birthday!

And if that's the case, she would have only been 16 when DC's first album came out.

I thought your point was a good one: why would Jay lie about something so easily verifiable so I went to google, checked her birthday, checked when his nephew died and theoretically, assuming he wrote this song last August, he wouldn't technically be wrong. Otherwise, dude just wants to think he's dating a 23 year old. (Since, uh, apparently, 25 year olds aren't so sexy anymore?)

Then again, Cam noted, anyone who calls themselves an "80s baby" when they're over 40 probably has a problem with the calender to begin with.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    The whining over B not having time for him is indeed very unHovlike, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. In actuality it's not the first time he's shown what some might call his "bitch side" (remember the Hot 97 "Super Ugly" fallout?), which is truthfully just dude dropping the Jay-hova schitt and instead being... truthful. I am not mad at this song at all, but then again, unlike my big hommie Chan, I find it extremely refreshing to hear rappers actually NOT rap about crack sales and stabbing people at album release parties sometimes (don't get me wrong though, I still love a good crack sales and stabbing people at album release party song just as much as the next nigga).

basically, what I'm saying is that this schitt is

The whining over B not having time for him is indeed very unHovlike, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. In actuality it's not the first time he's shown what some might call his "bitch side" (remember the Hot 97 "Super Ugly" fallout?), which is truthfully just dude dropping the Jay-hova schitt and instead being... truthful. I am not mad at this song at all, but then again, unlike my big hommie Chan, I find it extremely refreshing to hear rappers actually NOT rap about crack sales and stabbing people at album release parties sometimes (don't get me wrong though, I still love a good crack sales and stabbing people at album release party song just as much as the next nigga).

Man, I was waiting for you to come in here and try to defend this old man rap.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Publicly rationalizing Beyonce not having time for him? What part of the game is that!?

LOL

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

You know I thug 'em, fuck 'em, love 'em, leave 'em
    Cause I don't fuckin' need 'em
    Take 'em out the hood
    Keep 'em looking good
    But I don't fuckin' feed em
    First time they fuss I'm breezin'
    Talking 'bout what's the reasons
    I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, bitch
    Better trust and believe 'em
    In a cut where I keep 'em
    'Til I need a nut
    'Til I need to be (in) the guts
    The it's beep-beep and I'm pickin 'em up
    Let 'em play with the dick in the truck
    Many chicks wanna put Jigga fist incuffs
    Divorce him and split his bucks
    Just because you got good head
    I'mma break bread
    So you can be livin' it up
    Shit I part's wit nothin
    Y'all be frontin'
    Me give my heart to a woman
    Not for nothin' never happen'
    I'll be forever mackin'
    Heart cold as assassins, I got no passion
    I got no patience and I hate waitin'
    Hoe get your ass in

wHAT HAPPENED TO FOREVER MACKIN? i CANT RELATE TO THIS NEW OLD MAN HANGIN WITH DUDES FROM COLDPLAY "LOOK AT ALL MY WHITE FRIENDS" JIGGA.

• spinemagazine.com/music/october/jayz/lostones.mp3

didn't realize he was actually talkin' 'bout B, thought it was someone else. anyone know who that is on the hook? sounds familiar.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    erykah badu on the hook haha
    i thought this song was about dame?
    i only listened to it once so i didnt really catch the lyrics but just based on how it sounded i didnt want to listen to it again

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    i think this guy likes the new Jay-Z

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

GASP... faux fake has turned his back on and taken his mouth off of the great Hova!!! It's about time, Jay-Z's BEEN too cotdamn old to satisfy your childish notions of what rap music is supposed to be. Old man rap or just adult person rap? You know, you really are too old yourself to still be on some adolescent rap schitt, faux fake. When you become a man, lil fella, perhaps you will began to understand it all. Probably not- i forgot, you're stupid.

• wHAT HAPPENED TO FOREVER MACKIN? i CANT RELATE TO THIS NEW OLD MAN HANGIN WITH DUDES FROM COLDPLAY "LOOK AT ALL MY WHITE FRIENDS" JIGGA.

nEW LEVELS OF STUPIDITY WITH EVERY POST!!!!!

GASP... faux fake has turned his back and taken his mouth off of the great Hova!!! It's about time, Jay-Z's BEEN too cotdamn old to satisfy your childish notions of what rap music is supposed to be.

Which are what, exactly? That it needn't be sample-based in order to be "real"? Because as far as I know, that's the only thing that you and I actually disagree on.

And don't get it twisted: Jay is still probably the greatest MC of all time, and certainly my favorite; he's released plenty of weak tracks before, and none of them have heralded the end of his reign.

Did I mention that you sound ass-hurt?