Think it's time for a roll call?

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    favorite dollarbin terd? not sure, it's heatlhy to hear annoying music, but I just put it off when I don't want to listen to it anymore

when the orig. post asked for dollarbin turds, i think they meant fave common record that you see all the time, not fave annoying record...correct me if wrong, whomever

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    name? Rick
    age? 25
    occupation? student & selling records on the side
    where you stay at? Friesland
    favorite raer? Mike Kirkland - Hang on in there
    dollarbin terd? Massada - Astaganaga
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? Collecting obviously and occasionally i dj funk & jazz at a local bar
    what's for lunch? don't know yet, probably a broodje kaas
    do you have herpes? nope, never had, never will (i hope)

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

do you have herpes?: No but I came super close last week and it was fucking sick. I was about to get it on with this german poster selling girl and it was in the bag. it took me like 1.5 hours to get rid of my other guests and we were looking at each other like this is going to be great. finally everyone leaves and we are about to kiss and she goes, "i have to tell you something; I have herpes". fucking gross. then she goes we can do everything but kiss and besides the only problem is that you get bubbles around your mouth. wow, did that ever kill the mood. she asked me if she should go and i was like maybe thats for the best, here's some cab fare.
    Well, at least she told you.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    paren
    writer, editor, designer, developer, discjock.
    naptown
    turner bros.
    hall & oates 45s
    multiform, new coke, DJing, buying, selling, listening.
    gyoza
    no

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    name? David

age? 36

occupation? Preparator at an Art Center

where you stay at? South Bronx NYC

favorite raer? dollarbin terd? Saturday Night Fever

music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? Hoarding

what's for lunch? Seafood Mei Fun Soup

do you have herpes? No

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

name?
    Jay

age?

occupation?
    Graphic Media/Print media Designer

where you stay at?
    Hamburg, Germany

favorite raer? dollarbin terd?
    D.R.Hooker / Motherlode

music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)?
    Beats, mixes and hoarding (yesplz!)

what's for lunch?
    Pa Naeng Nua

do you have herpes?
    No, but I bit on my cheek by accident today

• name? John
    age? 37
    occupation? Regional Director is what the card says
    where you stay at? Buford, GA
    favorite raer? White Boy and the Average rat band
    dollarbin terd? Never had one (there all lotto tickets, no?)
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? Digger n Dealer
    what's for lunch? Fish n Chips, Harp
    do you have herpes? No

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    [dollarbin terd?
    Motherlode

haha. you're crazy. why did you buy it then? i think it's still a good record. it's not that bad.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    [dollarbin terd?
    Motherlode

haha. you're crazy. why did you buy it then? i think it's still a good record. not that bad.

think its the Motherlode drumbreak rock record on Buddah, not the Doldinger related one youve been talking bout...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    name? I should re-edit my name to SS standards: J**n B**k[/b]
    age? Yesterday I entered the chamber of choice[/b]
    occupation? artist, producer, journalist[/b]
    where you stay at? Wakinekona[/b] (a/k/a Washington State)
    favorite raer? raer is not an issue for me unless I find an unopened box of them[/b]

dollarbin terd? i have a crate full of warm heaps of turd[/b]

music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)?
    production, collecting, listening, archiving, writing, applying LAST. I am a record nerd. Hoard I don't, unless I find an unopened box of them[/b]

what's for lunch?
    PB&J sandwich maybe? I'll be like Kool Keith and keep it simple today.[/b]

do you have herpes?
    No, but Cheech might[/b]

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    name? adam or bozak, whichever you prefer
    age? 28
    occupation? dj, I also give djing lessons
    where you stay at? Champaign, Illinois ( tha paign )
    favorite raer? hmmm harlem river drive, shit too many to say.
    dollarbin terd? sealed O.G. RAMP
    music related activities: radio.remix work. sound design and music selection for video games (saints row for xbox 360)
    what's for lunch? panang salmon with asperagues (sic?)
    do you have herpes? no yo

• name? Josh
    age? 21
    occupation? Landscape Gardener (currently working at Shania Twain's holiday house)
    where you stay at? Queenstown, New Zealand (formerly Melbourne)
    favorite raer? Attica Blues or Melody Nelson (I know, little dude)
    dollarbin terd? Songs of Leonard Cohen
    music related activities: DJ parties, produce a bit.
    what's for lunch? Dunno, I had leftover pizza for breakfast, probably something cheap.
    do you have herpes? Nope

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    name? N*sh
    age? 19
    occupation? noodle dude/clothing dude
    where you stay at? iowa city, iowa
    favorite raer? havent discovered it yet
    dollarbin terd? usually whatevers in there by mistake
    music related activities: drums, beats
    what's for lunch? hy-vee brand ranch tortilla chips
    do you have herpes? not yet

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I know damn well somebody has Herpes!!!!!

This is worse than Fake Finds!!

I have herpes. It's in my left eye and flares up randomly every few years. First got it when I was about 10, but didn't find out it was a type of herpes untill last year. It's super painful and keeps me from having eye sex. No idea how I contracted it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Oh yeah, the rest...

name? Jeffery F. Hassett[/b]
    age? 29[/b]
    occupation? Currently house-sitting for people who have 26 animals.[/b]
    where you stay at? Santa Rosa, CA[/b]
    favorite raer? I love all my rare records equally. Let no one tell you otherwise[/b] dollarbin terd? please[/b]
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? Failed musician. Co-founder of Waxidermy.com[/b]
    what's for lunch? Dunno yet. I just had cake for breakfast though.[/b]

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    [dollarbin terd?
    Motherlode

haha. you're crazy. why did you buy it then? i think it's still a good record. not that bad.

think its the Motherlode drumbreak rock record on Buddah, not the Doldinger related one youve been talking bout...

doldinger --> motherhood!

motherlode on buddah is kinda cool. and it's not just about the drum break...

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    [dollarbin terd?
    Motherlode

doldinger --> motherhood!

oops, sorry Grope

my BAD

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    motherlode on buddah is kinda cool.

i dont know which motherlode album youre talking about (there were two in the US, and possibly more in Canada, where they were from), but the one i have (When I Die, ca. 1969) is a masterpiece of interracial rock-soul, with funk and rock both sharing the load

and it's not just about the drum break...

"when i die," the title track of that album i mentioned up there, was a Top 20 hit in America and needs to be discussed next time somebody starts a "sweet soul" thread

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

i dont know which motherlode album youre talking about (there were two in the US, and possibly more in Canada, where they were from), but the one i have (When I Die, ca. 1969) is a masterpiece of interracial rock-soul, with funk and rock both sharing the load

"when i die," the title track of that album i mentioned up there, was a Top 20 hit in America and needs to be discussed next time somebody starts a "sweet soul" thread

I looped it on a demo back in '93.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• motherlode on buddah is kinda cool.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I picked this up a few weeks ago and was not feeling it. I will give it another chance I guess, but it thought it was kind of boring.

• name?Matthew
    age?36
    occupation?Youthworker(crisis care) Drum Maker (www.spiritdrums.com)
    where you stay at?Mullumbimby Australia
    favorite unraer?Donny Hathaway Live Lp
    dollarbin terd?Boz on the bench
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)?Ableton live junkie have 40 unfinished tracks that i one day hope to complete one.Sell records at local markets.
    what's for lunch? Chicken Caesar Salad
    do you have herpes? Never had any STD

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I picked this up a few weeks ago and was not feeling it. I will give it another chance I guess, but it thought it was kind of boring.

I'm with Larry on this. The title track is nice and certainly has sampling longevity, but on the listening tip the LP never rated in my book.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    ROOKIE ALERT
    name?Matth
    age?25
    occupation?school+coffee+fun
    where you stay at?Montreal, Canada
    favorite unraer?unsure...not so much my thing
    dollarbin terd? deal.
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)?collecting, beats, working on my djing
    what's for lunch? i don't wake up that early
    do you have herpes? no thanks.

• I never play these games but even the lurkers are coming out on this one so I'm down...
    name? Br**n[/b]
    age? 26[/b]
    occupation? Teacher Education Department Application Center Program Manager and student advisor at a local college[/b]
    where you stay at? Denver, batches.[/b]
    favorite raer? dollarbin terd? Duke Ellington "Money Jungle" (original raer cover, i swear it sounds better with this cover)/Marvin Gaye "Trouble Man"[/b]
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? Beats sometimes, hoarding, DJing sorta sometimes, bReAkZzZzz and iLL sTaBzZz sometimezZzz[/b]
    what's for lunch? $3 worth of McDonalds (tough month)[/b]
    do you have herpes? nope, sold 'em. [/b]

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    deleted by

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    name? J*hn
    age? 27
    occupation? Standardized Test Scoring Supervisor & Raer Slanger
    where you stay at? Albany, NY
    favorite raer? dollarbin terd? My Madagascarean funk 45 raer/Sandy Bull records
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? Beats, rhymes, play piano, compose tunes in my head
    what's for lunch? Pizza w/green peppers
    do you have herpes? I just remembered, I, uh, left something in the car. Let me go get it *(door slam, tire screeching) [/b]

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    name? Tom[/b]
    age? 34[/b]
    occupation? I was going to say mad scientist, but then Rockadelic stole my thunder. I might not be mad all the time, but I am a real scientist--biochemistry/biophysics repping motor proteins[/b]
    where you stay at? I live in Silicon Valley and work in San Francisco and I ride the choo-choo every day[/b]
    favorite raer? Desco 45s[/b] dollarbin terd? Stevie Wonder Innervisions (still cheap and great[/b]
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? College radio, 45 fetishism[/b]
    what's for lunch? Salami sandwich, banana, apple, Aranciata soda[/b]
    do you have herpes? not that I know of, but you can peruse the HSV-2 genome sequence here

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    ROOKIE ALERT
    name?Matth
    age?25
    occupation?school+coffee+fun
    where you stay at?Montreal, Canada
    favorite unraer?unsure...not so much my thing
    dollarbin terd? deal.
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)?collecting, beats, working on my djing
    what's for lunch? i don't wake up that early
    do you have herpes? no thanks.

Wow. Dude's name is Math? Can't wait to soak up all the knowledge jewels soon to drop!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Name? Lee[/b]
    Age? 24[/b]
    Occupation? User Support Analyst[/b]
    Where you stay at? Gloucestershh...sssshhh..sssshhire, UK[/b]
    Favorite raer? Seraph - Musical Messenger[/b] dollarbin terd? Stevie Wonder - Fingertips[/b]
    Music related activities: DJ, Turntablsm, Composing, Compositing, Digging, Drums since 5, Guitar since 13[/b]
    What's for lunch? Mixed up pasta tomato and basil thang[/b]
    Do you have herpes? What label was that on? Is it the OG ?[/b]

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    name? Tobias
    age? 30
    occupation? student / worker in an import-export company
    where you stay at? Gie??en - Germany
    favorite raer? Wild Magnolias "They Call Us Wild"
    dollarbin terd? Gap Band I-V
    music related activities (DJ, beats, composing, hoarding, etc.)? a little bit of DJing
    what's for lunch? Schnitzel, Bratwurst
    do you have herpes? no comment