NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
In hommage to PhillMost's NBA thread, lets extend this shit for the Post-Season.Pacers over the Nets...

Comments

• It's on. Can't wait.

Not feeling Mavs first game is the last game of the weekend, at 8:30 on Sunday.

I am feeling the games on ABC I'll be able to watch in HD.

I'll cogitate on the matchups and put up my first round predicts in a bit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Spurs > Sacramento

Suns > Lakers

Clippers > Nuggets

Mavericks > Grizzlies

Pacers > Nets

Pistons > Bucks

Wizards > Cavs

Miami > Bulls

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    BATMON beat me to starting this post!

Of course...Pistons all the way. The match up against the Bucks in the first round should be simple enough.

Also, an E40 track with Rasheed Wallace singing the hook when he played for the bullets. Post some tracks with NBA players in them!

www.msu.edu/~karatsin/e40_-_title_-_rasheed_wallace.mp3

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Spurs > Sacramento

Suns > Lakers

Clippers > Nuggets

Mavericks > Grizzlies

Pacers > Nets

Pistons > Bucks

Wizards > Cavs

Miami > Bulls

I agree with this, but I think the bulls will give miami an early scare and the wizards cavs could be a toss up.

Also, an E40 track with Rasheed Wallace singing the hook when he played for the bullets. Post some tracks with NBA players in them!

Weve been down that road in a previous thread. Go check for it.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Pacers > Nets

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The Spurs are good, but they're not as good as they should be, which worries me.

Spurs > Sacramento

Don't be suprised if the Kings take the Spurs to 7 games.....if the Kings really feel like it,they can beat the Spurs......

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Spurs > Sacramento

Don't be suprised if the Kings take the Spurs to 7 games.....if the Kings really feel like it,they can beat the Spurs......

Ronny said they'd make the playoffs...they made the playoffs.

Ronny says they'll take the title...definitely not happening, but I do think they'll give Tim and the boys a run in this round.

Spurs > Sacramento

Suns > Lakers

Clippers [/b] Nuggets[/b]

Mavericks > Grizzlies

Pacers [/b] Nets[/b]

Pistons > Bucks

Wizards > Cavs

Miami > Bulls

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    What's the deal with that Nets-Pacers series? New Jersey should win it easily...

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Spurs > Sacramento

What's the deal with that Nets-Pacers series? New Jersey should win it easily...

Saying...BATMON is just being optimistic. I think we can allow him that peace of mind, for now...

Looks like the talking heads think Lebron will put Cleve over the top in the first round...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/series?series=wascle

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Sacramento[/b] > Spurs

Suns > Lakers

Nuggets[/b] > Clippers

Mavericks > Grizzlies (I think the Grizz might give em a good series though... Pau Gasol might beast 'em somethin' terrible)

Nets[/b] > Pacers

Pistons > Bucks

Cavs[/b] > Wizards

Miami > Bulls

You can pretty much take this to the bank. However, if edpowers said something different, disregard what I wrote and go with his picks. After last NFL season I defer to edpowers in all things sports related.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Sacramento[/b] > Spurs

You can pretty much take this to the bank.

that check's gonna bounce

Mavericks > Grizzlies (I think the Grizz might give em a good series though... Pau Gasol might beast 'em somethin' terrible)

Gasol might be a bit inhibited by a sore foot:

"Pau Gasol sat out Memphis' season finale against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night due to a sore left foot, an injury coach Mike Fratello called "a major concern" as the Grizzlies prepare for the playoffs."

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/04/19/ap2682347.html

Without him, they might have a heck of a time controlling Dirk and the Mavs.

• Mavericks > Grizzlies (I think the Grizz might give em a good series though... Pau Gasol might beast 'em somethin' terrible)

Gasol might be a bit inhibited by a sore foot:

"Pau Gasol sat out Memphis' season finale against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night due to a sore left foot, an injury coach Mike Fratello called "a major concern" as the Grizzlies prepare for the playoffs."

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/04/19/ap2682347.html

Without him, they might have a heck of a time controlling Dirk and the Mavs.

Foot or no foot, it will surprise me if this series goes six games. I'll give Mike Fratello one "W" but that's really it. This series is all about (hopefully) getting Devin Harris on the court.

Saying...BATMON is just being optimistic. I think we can allow him that peace of mind, for now...

The Pacers are much better than the W/L record shows, and were way more seasoned than any of the other teams besides the Nets and Detroit. I dont think my pick is unbelievable. If Jackson/Peja/O'neal come w/ it........ watch out.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Sacramento[/b] > Spurs

You can pretty much take this to the bank.

that check's gonna bounce

F'real. I mean, I worry about the Spurs from the second round on, but because Sacramento beats the Spurs one game out of three, now they're gonna beat 'em in a seven-game series?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Spurs > Sacramento

i was just thinking this yesterday. This may or may not turn into one of the more exciting matchups in the first round. The Kings certainly have more firepower than in their first half of the season, and plenty of players that are capable of disrupting the Spurs' equilibrium. But ofcourse, we're talking about the Spurs here.

[wishful thinking] Lakers > Suns [wishful thinking] in 6 games.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    do y'all think the espn analysts will keep up the HIGH MAKEUP LEVEL that's been going on here in the last part of the season? especially tim legler - what with those fully-accentuated cheekbones dude looks like he's going straight from the espn zone to a broadway show in which he'll be one of the actors . on some raggedy andy type shit,

but tanner.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Spurs > Sacramento

Suns > Lakers

Clippers [/b] Nuggets[/b]

Mavericks > Grizzlies

Pacers [/b] Nets[/b]

Pistons > Bucks

Wizards > Cavs

Miami > Bulls

thank you, those were my changes as well. don't let the nuggets fool you, they got a lot of shit to prove against the clips right now so i see them playing really hard in the first round and the clips are gonna look at it like they're playing the easier team for round one, and they may underestimate the nuggets.. and new jersey has some serious momentum right about now. i'd love to see the nets go to the easter nfinals with detroit.

Lakers > Suns in 6 games.

this is quite possible also ......Nash in the playoffs

don't let the nuggets fool you, they got a lot of shit to prove against the clips right now .

don't let the nuggets fool you, they got a lot of shit to prove against the clips right now .

we'll see....

Kobe > Suns in 6 games.

thats what you meant...

if LA can use their size and body 'em up, it would be good. Also if they take it hard to the basket instead of settling for the three.

the young ones are each being handed a book at this time...."How to Conquer in times of Adversity" and "12 steps to Meditation".

Kobe > Suns in 6 games.

thats what you meant...

no actually, the Lakers can just about hang with ANYBODY in the first quarter...then they lose intensity and settle for the perimeter shot.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

heh, we'll see