backpack rap raers

Comments

• hmmm, some of these titles got me thinking: what's the deal with some of these rekkids:

East Flatbush Project - Tried By 12
    Mike Zoot - High Drama (the first press with the skip in it)
    Pop Da Brown Hornet
    Natural Resource - Negro League Baseball/They Lied
    Lootpack's first 12"

I got a shit ton of those in doubles, and will be selling my extra copies cause dildo is in my house.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'll have some stuff to add to this thread after I receive Paypal money

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    East Flatbush Project - Tried By 12" has been repressed several times and as far as I know, they're all identical.

• How much does the Of Mexican Descent EP go for? I need a copy of that.

Herm

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    East Flatbush Project - Tried By 12" has been repressed several times and as far as I know, they're all identical.

what's up with the 12" before that, "madman's dream"? i remember that was a dope song. I don't think it got repressed...

• $50-$70...sometimes more, sometimes less. Your talking about Exitos right? The pressing was tiny, probably 1000 total if not less. There were also two jackets...original was chocolate colored with a clear sticker over the front, 2nd pressing was black sleeve with the clear sticker on the front. Both go for about the same amount. Instant classic for me, for songs like "I am Still" and "Money is Meaningless"

How much does the Of Mexican Descent EP go for? I need a copy of that.

Herm

• How much does the Of Mexican Descent EP go for? I need a copy of that.

Herm

exitos y mas exitos? dude that was a great fucking record. That was my "blueprint" for a younger_depressed phonics.....but I really haven't been able to get into anything by them since.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

What's the difference between the original and reissue?

• Natural Resource - Negro League Baseball/They Lied

Mine has a bright orange sleeve with LandSpeed Records and Makin' Records printed on it so i assume it's the repress. I think i got it when the song was a year or two old.

I sold the Tried By 12 for maybe 8 bucs last month on auction. I wasn't expecting anything from it anyway.

• They haven't put out anything as OMD since exitos. But yeah, it was a great record.

How much does the Of Mexican Descent EP go for? I need a copy of that.

Herm

exitos y mas exitos? dude that was a great fucking record. That was my "blueprint" for a younger_depressed phonics.....but I really haven't been able to get into anything by them since.

• Well that's mine as well.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this was my first time selling records on ebay so im kinda happy. not all "backpack rap" but related:

Radiohead - Gloaming (DJ Shadow remix)
    MF Doom - Operation Doomsday CD
    Dangermouse - Grey Album CD

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

SHAME on me for not buying one of those for resale as I'd considered...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Well, don't get sleeping a second time on future backpack rarities, son!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Well, don't get sleeping a second time on future backpack rarities, son!
    hattar

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

The repress has more crackle in the runout.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I just sold some crap on ebay, anticon, a few rawkus titles, they kinda bombed. Not to mention litte dudes buying this crap take a week to pay you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I just sold some crap on ebay, anticon, a few rawkus titles, they kinda bombed. Not to mention litte dudes buying this crap take a week to pay you.

some guy bid 55 cents on a cd i had up and that was the only thing he bought. the shipping is like ten times as much as the actual item and i had some other related stuff that went for cheap but that was the only thing he bought. fucking waste of time.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

some guy bid 55 cents on a cd i had up and that was the only thing he bought. the shipping is like ten times as much as the actual item and i had some other related stuff that went for cheap but that was the only thing he bought. fucking waste of time.

I'm of the mind that you don't set minimum bids below what you're willing to sell something for...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

I'm of the mind that you don't set minimum bids below what you're willing to sell something for...
    Oh, I definitely agree with that. I don't care about the CD going for 55 cents, but at least pick something else up, nahmean?

• Natural Resource - Negro League Baseball/They Lied

The OG from 96 had a red front label with a black silhouette of the group, grey back label with a baseball outline. Also had a crisp instrumental interlude at the end, not sure if that's on the reish.

co-sign. Was the OG on Makin' Records or was it done private press style? I'm not at home to check.

And does anyone else have the OG Mike Zoot - "High Drama" with a skip in it?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

The OG from 96 had a red front label with a black silhouette of the group, grey back label with a baseball outline. Also had a crisp instrumental interlude at the end, not sure if that's on the reish.

co-sign. Was the OG on Makin' Records or was it done private press style? I'm not at home to check.

And does anyone else have the OG Mike Zoot - "High Drama" with a skip in it?

OG Natural Resource label says "Ekapa RPM ??1996", I assume that's the label name? Looks very homemade for sure.

• And does anyone else have the OG Mike Zoot - "High Drama" with a skip in it?

I have this, copped from Fat Beats when I went to NY years ago. Is it worth cake now? I haven't listened to it in a while, but honestly, i remember it being pretty mediocre.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Nah! mine is straight. no skips or anything

I gotta hunt down this Rezidue 12" called "Break It Down" or "Break a Dawn" something

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Also it kinda sucks in my opinion, his rhyming sucks and his beats get old quick except for a few dope ones on there.

Definately not worth 20+ IMO.

throw this man into the dungeon
    You liked it? I used to like it like a year or two ago then he started releasing way too much trash and I felt like he was completely wack.

How does his recent stuff change your opinion of Doomsday. IMO one of, if not the best underground rap LP, of course using undergound to refer to a pretty specific scene (late nineties NY stuff). The album has a cohesive feel of an actual concept being played out in beats and rhymes, as opposed to the concept being "crazy interludes after every track" or "every super producer did two beats." The lite-fm supervillian concept was original and executed almost flawlessly. Sorry Faux, maybe the importance of the scene is overrated in my mind, coming of age in NYC during the time, but that scene was important as a counter to the ascendance of shiny suits going on at the time, and for me, Doomsday was its peak, lot of classic lines and tracks. So how many OG's copped that shit at Footwork back in the day?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

I gotta hunt down this Rezidue 12" called "Break It Down" or "Break a Dawn" something

Are you talking about the track that was on that "NY Reality Check" mix that Primo did? If so you have the names mixed up it's either Rezidue - Inner City Blues or Brainwash - Break It Down. Both of them seem fairly hard to come by, I've been looking for a minute.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    man i got MF doom on the bay right now... japanese dudes already contacting me to end auctions and shit.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    man i got MF doom on the bay right now... japanese dudes already contacting me to end auctions and shit.

this puzzles me, really....

http://cgi.ebay.de/MF-Doom-Operation-Doo...1QQcmdZViewItem

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    great album, wish there was more shit like this nowadays to balance out all the commercial noise pollution. i'm never selling my copy, i don't care if it starts going for a g.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    I agree with Enki, anything atmosphere right now goes for money. I picked some stuff up a couple years ago for cheap that goes for bank these days. Sad clown bad dub 3 signed by slug goes for like $130+ depending on the day. All the headshots except for 7 since its been reissued go for $50+. I have 5 and 6. Also the og press of Overcast on vinyl is like 40-50.