backpack rap raers

Comments

• Loosifa is super depressing! absolutely incredible lyricism and flow though. Really top notch.

Agreed. Catch me on the right day, and "Loosifa," is my favorite hip hop song of all time. I've NEVER heard a story told like that. Depressing- absolutely. Its a depressing story; the song shouldn't sound like UMCs. But, it is also completely original, powerful, and incredibly intelligent.

I guess that's why I'm still in this thread defending the Juggs...they make me feel shit, as they say.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yeah this doom lp is goin on the bay... 30 bones on buy it now? yes please

incidently which jel is worth cash?.. ive got green dot around here somewhere

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i agree the juggs have got rhmes and flow for days but i can't handle negativity of any form these days... no wrist slitter classics for me thank you

i wanna feel shit for sure.. but i got enough shit to be bummed about without some record icing the cake

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

this is one of the few records that I feel has aged decently.

• I don't know which JEL records fetch dough, but I feel like I still get a good amount of enjoyment from mine, so I'm holding on to them.
    But yeah, I didn't know he had much vinyl (I know his beat CDs can be tough to find) that was raer. Isn't that 2MEX 10" still in print even?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Take that shit to the Hiphopsite forum

(seriously youd maybe get some offers)

I feel like silvertone,I did not know the CD ebay market was attainable in this sense
    Is the bay following suite?

I found a bunch of white label/demo/radio promo/instrumental/accapela from Virgin records in a church basement with some tribe but mostly Bay stuff (mad E-40)

• this is one of the few records that I feel has aged decently.

fuck me, I LOVED that shit when it came out. Got jacked in a move one time...
    oh well.

oh well.

That one is dope as fuck. "While your flows sound wah wah wah like Charlie Browns teacher the untamed hip-hop preacher here to teach ya"

• Also it kinda sucks in my opinion, his rhyming sucks and his beats get old quick except for a few dope ones on there.

Definately not worth 20+ IMO.

throw this man into the dungeon
    You liked it? I used to like it like a year or two ago then he started releasing way too much trash and I felt like he was completely wack.

rhymes like dimes is always rattling around the back of my head.
    i love doomsday LP. haent kept up religiously with everything he's done...but most of what ive heard is dope. good voice, decent flow, great tracks (for the most part), and he continually writes funny ass lyrics. the man's longevity is apparent and i hope dangerdoom blows his carrer up a little.

not that album sales = good music, but doom/zevluvx has been selling quality joints for over 15 years. thats a lhell of a lot in the rap game. hall of fame material

Completely agree, but I'm wondering why cashless or faux_rillz hasn't stepped in to remind you that Daniel Dumile is merely a footnote in hiphop history.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Both versions have been OOP and $$$ for years... if you've been passing on em you slept (I don't think Subverse has even been active for a longass time, which isn't a bad thing)

well, that's debateable, because Subverse put out the only legit version of KMD's Black Bastards (with the original artwork that Elektra vetoed). My boy was a partner in that label, and they were down with MF and trying really hard to support his music at the time.

Which makes me wonder - how much would my white label bootleg of Black Bastards get?

Actually, the first legitimate pressing of "Black Bastards" was from short-lived Philly by way of Los Angeles indie imprint Ready Rock records. 100% and released in 1996.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Also it kinda sucks in my opinion, his rhyming sucks and his beats get old quick except for a few dope ones on there.

You liked it? I used to like it like a year or two ago then he started releasing way too much trash and I felt like he was completely wack.

i love doomsday LP. haent kept up religiously with everything he's done...but most of what ive heard is dope. good voice, decent flow, great tracks (for the most part), and he continually writes funny ass lyrics. the man's longevity is apparent and i hope dangerdoom blows his carrer up a little.

not that album sales = good music, but doom/zevluvx has been selling quality joints for over 15 years. thats a lhell of a lot in the rap game. hall of fame material

Completely agree, but I'm wondering why cashless or faux_rillz hasn't stepped in to remind you that Daniel Dumile is merely a footnote in hiphop history.

Sorry guys--but having stuck around for fifteen years doesn't change his footnote status.

Appreciate him for what he is, not what you wish he is.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

that's a fluke, i sold one after that and it went for like $8.

that's right, i'm still talking dirty about the blowed. not only is their sound quality lacking, but their ebay stock is dropping considerably.

• Also it kinda sucks in my opinion, his rhyming sucks and his beats get old quick except for a few dope ones on there.

Sorry guys--but having stuck around for fifteen years doesn't change his footnote status.

I dunno. I don't get it. "Fanship" is completely subjective yet yr pronouncements come off as if from on high. I imagine you at home w/ "Hiphop" standings similar to a sports league. Would that we knew the criteria there.

He doesn't go in yr hiphop Hall of Fame, maybe he goes in someone elses.

• Sorry guys--but having stuck around for fifteen years doesn't change his footnote status.

plaese to press ignore button everybody

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

that's a fluke, i sold one after that and it went for like $8.

that's right, i'm still talking dirty about the blowed. not only is their sound quality lacking, but their ebay stock is dropping considerably.

shite, i've never sold or traded any of my collection before, but i was about to make an exception for that one.

• shite, i've never sold or traded any of my collection before, but i was about to make an exception for that one.

Sayin' though...I'm exactly the same, but this thread has me thinkin...

I like the Juggaknots album though, wouldn't really wanna get rid of that one.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

That's a shame.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Also it kinda sucks in my opinion, his rhyming sucks and his beats get old quick except for a few dope ones on there.

I dunno. I don't get it. "Fanship" is completely subjective yet yr pronouncements come off as if from on high. I imagine you at home w/ "Hiphop" standings similar to a sports league. Would that we knew the criteria there.

He may important to you, but within the larger landscape of hip-hop he is a very much a marginal figure.

I don't know why you're struggling with this concept--it's not a comment on his merit as an artist; I like lots of artists whose work I can admit is not particularly important.

• but within the larger landscape of hip-hop he is a very much a marginal figure.

Guess I find that point debatable is all. Not even *just* a marginal figure but *very much*, eh?

• He doesn't go in yr hiphop Hall of Fame, maybe he goes in someone elses.

That's a shame.

'Nother hatter, huh? Oh well...why do I care? I guess cos it's better than workin'....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Can I just say that Breezly Brewin' is probably one of the most underrated MCs ever and really has a lot of potential to release a really good if not classic album?

• that's a fluke, i sold one after that and it went for like $8.

Ahh well. Had one of those in my pile for today and came accross that popsike page too. I knew it was an unreasonably high price, but I thought it might speak as to there being some degree of demand out there.
    Guess not so much.

oh well.

That one is dope as fuck. "While your flows sound wah wah wah like Charlie Browns teacher the untamed hip-hop preacher here to teach ya"

can we get a on this? i dont think ive seen one on ebay before... its crazy cause 12's from finsta bundy, choclair, saukrates are going for some coin... total niche market!

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    UGK:
    Ridin Dirty (clean promo)

if you are talkin about the album 'ridin clean version' these dudes absolutley kill this clean version. never had problems playing songs off this.

possible thread jack: what other artists have produced "good" clean versions of records? i ain't talkin bout interesting sounds to go over dirty words, but actual re-written verses that ride just as hard as the dirty.

i always felt raheem's clean single for "5th ward" was done pertty well...

the dirty version is to find, from what i understand.

• lots of jel records consistently get at least $30. greenball used to get that much. but really,that whole market is a roller coaster...and you have to keep checking prices.

personally, i sold all of my doubles and triples, and made a ton of money. there are certain artists, though, that i wouldn't sell.. like the early buck/sebutones/sixtoo/blowed/nonce/jel/bored stiff, etc on tape and vinyl.

also, that jel/2mex 10" is still available as far as i know. i still have some at the store.

yeah this doom lp is goin on the bay... 30 bones on buy it now? yes please

incidently which jel is worth cash?.. ive got green dot around here somewhere

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Can I just say that Breezly Brewin' is probably one of the most underrated MCs ever and really has a lot of potential to release a really good if not classic album?

yes you may, and I would agree with you. Who would produce it though?

• http://cgi.ebay.com/MISTER-VOODOO-Come-O...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've seen the one pictured in this thread top $100.

...and yes I've made lots of $$$ selling these backpack raers. Infact I'm sure I've made more $$$ off some of these records then the actual artist that recorded them.

I'll ride the wave though...

• in general most fondle'em releases were pressed way over 1000..i know because fat beats was the eclusive distribtor of fondle'em. believe me, as one of the guys that helped to build fat beats..i sold alot of fondle'em shit thru fat beats! plus, many records like the cage 12" the blvd. connection ep were def. fire.
    amir

oh well.

can we get a on this? i dont think ive seen one on ebay before... its crazy cause 12's from finsta bundy, choclair, saukrates are going for some coin... total niche market!

Last one went for 47 bucks and before that it went for 41 in GOOD condition. I got a sealed and a NM- one but not sure if I want to sell/trade em yet.