What's Your Real Headz Playlist-Heavy Rotation?

Comments

• Honestly, a lot of my attitude is shaped by one experience: I uploaded a record and turned on a lot of heads to it, then next thing you know it went up in price by like $100. I am glad to share music but not at that cost.
    makes sense. but if you already own that record, then why would the rise in demand bother you? i think the general feeling behind why it's a bad thing is the will to uphold that secrecy about certain shit that you don't want random people on a message board knowing about. and i can relate to that, because i find myself keeping a lot of shit on the low too. but if i had to weigh the options of the good vs. bad aspects of having "real headz", i think just having access to music i might not have checked for otherwise, outweighs all that other stuff. that's my feeling on it. but i hear y'all.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    No, but honestly.. it has run it's course. There is a soulstrut room on soulseek. I feel dirty for even letting it go this long. Realheadz R.I.P.

Cue board crash as furious downloading ensues...

No, but honestly.. it has run it's course. There is a soulstrut room on soulseek. I feel dirty for even letting it go this long. Realheadz R.I.P.

Ooopps never mind. too late.

I BLAME JP

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    GONE

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

too late homie, it's gone.......

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Quick, everyone on soulseek. Now, now, now! [/b]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

looks like it too late...Damn I wanted that titty record w/ the breaks. Can someone it?

• chrischris 287 Posts
    i can produce a copy of the lovelites lp for someone if they're willing to pay to play.

?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    it was good while it lasted. now back to business as usual.

Oh, well - if anyone wants that Young Hearts

LP I put up last night, PM me for the link.

I don't wanna think I wasted 90 minutes burning/converting/uploading it...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I seriously beleive that it's becoming way too easy for everybody now. Boscoe "ehhh" East of Underground "ehh"... ya'll are getting desenitized to music you would jack off to if you foound it out in the field, Get out there and dig!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Honestly, a lot of my attitude is shaped by one experience: I uploaded a record and turned on a lot of heads to it, then next thing you know it went up in price by like $100. I am glad to share music but not at that cost.
    makes sense. but if you already own that record, then why would the rise in demand bother you? i think the general feeling behind why it's a bad thing is the will to uphold that secrecy about certain shit that you don't want random people on a message board knowing about. and i can relate to that, because i find myself keeping a lot of shit on the low too. but if i had to weigh the options of the good vs. bad aspects of having "real headz", i think just having access to music i might not have checked for otherwise, outweighs all that other stuff. that's my feeling on it. but i hear y'all.

Siro...If I remember correctly, you were the instigator of all this shit.

Started off with that Duke Pearson album..

• Yep Drew got one for probably $50-100 more than what it went for pre-realheadz, not on ebay though.

Reynaldo is currently listing it on Waxidermy as a $200+ record.

Just popsike it and see what comes up, you tell me.

And yes, I have a copy.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    i can produce a copy of the lovelites lp for someone if they're willing to pay to play.

?

Get at your boy, Rey.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I seriously beleive that it's becoming way too easy for everybody now. Boscoe "ehhh" East of Underground "ehh"... ya'll are getting desenitized to music you would jack off to if you foound it out in the field, Get out there and dig!

While I don't disagree with your logic, I still maintain that if I had never heard of those particular LPs and I found them in the field, my response would still be:

• Honestly, a lot of my attitude is shaped by one experience: I uploaded a record and turned on a lot of heads to it, then next thing you know it went up in price by like $100. I am glad to share music but not at that cost.
    makes sense. but if you already own that record, then why would the rise in demand bother you?

Because I know plenty of folks who wanted that record and didn't require soulstrut to learn about it, now they have to shell out an extra $100 because deep pocketed e-diggers took a shine to it.

Raj, I 100% agree... dudes need to learn respect for the game.

East of Underground "ehh"...

Seriously, BAN!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Wow. Ouch. Just like that it's gone?

Can we take this DL'ing to waxidermy?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    the main thing real headz has done for me is confirmed that im not interested in %70[/b] of the stuff people are sweating on here and on ebay... i have yet to hear a modern soul brain melter for example...

Good move Raj! Fun at first but got kinda crazy

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Wow. Ouch. Just like that it's gone?

Whoah, one guy bellyaches about sharing music and you take down the section?

That shit was great. It was section to share music with others and strictly talk about stuff we liked.

bring that back

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    the main thing real headz has done for me is confirmed that im not interested in 90% of the stuff people are sweating on here and on ebay...

which means that i'm mostly here for what? the conversation?

oh god.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    the main thing real headz has done for me is confirmed that im not interested in 90% of the stuff people are sweating on here and on ebay...

which means that i'm mostly here for what? the conversation?

oh god.

good times : )

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Damn!!! "here today, gone today" and Reynaldo was putting in so much work it's a shame for it to go to waste like that.Oh well i enjoyed it while it lasted.

• Wow. Ouch. Just like that it's gone?

Whoah, one guy bellyaches about sharing music and you take down the section?

I wasn't the only one adam, just the only one who said anything. Most people don't have the strange desire to argue with you morons all day that I do.

the main thing real headz has done for me is confirmed that im not interested in %70[/b] of the stuff people are sweating on here and on ebay... i have yet to hear a modern soul brain melter for example...

Good move Raj! Fun at first but got kinda crazy

I'll still PM yousendit links to the people who've expressed hearing that East New York Ensemble de Music album...when I get around to it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    well cant say ill miss it, since ive never even friggin seen the thing.

humor me now that its gone.

Have not "logged in" for like 3 months???

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    It was fun while it lasted, I heard some stuff I liked, some stuff I didn't. As a medium for discovering records, it was far inferior to spending time with a knowledgeable, friendly dealer (which is often inconvenient for most of those who don't live in SF or NYC), and somewhat inferior to listening to a DJ put together a well thought out set (with playlist--fuck a coverup). I did like that it blew the hype out of some records and into some others. I think that the very best records are the ones that not everyone is going to like, so it's better to expose the records to people than to keep them on the

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Have not "logged in" for like 3 months???

oh man.

oops

i stay logged.

or maybe i have cause this comp recently crashed.

whatever.

• Siro...If I remember correctly, you were the instigator of all this shit.

Started off with that Duke Pearson album..

ahh yes...