What's Your Real Headz Playlist-Heavy Rotation?

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    No probs.

I've finally quickly read this thread...LOL

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Once again, the evil Record Stores Corporation attacking record nerds' rights...and just about the time I was going to upload this greek heater which name I can't even read...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I just feel like people are too lazy now. The days of finding unknown and great records is so close to being over... which on the one hand is great, I mean, it's so much easier to sell certain titles, of course there are those under-the-radar pieces I can swoop at the flea or the show or whatever but honestly I wish people were a little more enterprising. Not like it used to be.

I think you're succumbing to "Rockadelic Mentality" here. Yes, realheadz allowed dudes to get a little lazy, but it's not an "either you're digging or you're downloading" issue. I think the majority of posters on soulstrut are still obsessive collectros. Besides, as individuals I don't think any of us are at risk of running out of new old records to discover. It's true that there are few totally undiscovered gems left, but collective knowledge and individual knowledge are two different things. I think the realheadz forum should attest to that.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Realheadz was a misnomer. No and the soundfiles all started sounding like CD rips... In the greater scheme of things that's not cool really. I'm all for another Record Day in the future.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Once again, the evil Record Stores Corporation attacking record nerds' rights...and just about the time I was going to upload this greek heater which name I can't even read...

I'd take it.

• SO ONLY THE SECRET FRIENDS HAVE ACCESS NOW???

I PAY TO POST HERE!!!

It was totally indefensible good times, like smoking crack. I got hip to a lot of stuff, got my Christine Harwood on, completed my Dorothy Ashby "collection," got to reconfirm that modern soul is the silliest collecting fad since (?) and now I can confidently say things like "Boscoe ain't shit." (Boscoe ain't shit, that is the worst poetry I've ever heard in my life, that shit annoyed me to death.) But thanks Rey, it was fun while it lasted.

• FSNSFSNS 163 Posts

I'd take it.

I'd EAT[/b] it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    got to reconfirm that modern soul is the silliest collecting fad since (?)

you have no heart

• Really Guzz, nothing personal. I feel like every time I diss modsoul I'm directly insulting you, kinda like Guzzo Is Modern Soul, but it really isn't meant like that.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    kinda like Guzzo Is Modern Soul

don't encourage him.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "Boscoe ain't shit." (Boscoe ain't shit, that is the worst poetry I've ever heard in my life, that shit annoyed me to death.)

you have no brain

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    kinda like Guzzo Is Modern Soul

don't encourage him.

someone please make me an "I am the mighty moder collectro" thingy please

• i too perfer crooning hairy armed women liberationists with to much turquoise to jheri curl.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    just stick a jheri curl on this dude

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    While I too shall mourn the passage of RH, I agree with JP and others. It just seemed "too much" after a while. I'm not sure I can even properly articulate what about it bugged me about it. After all, if it were a private group for like...six people, not a big deal. But even as a private forum, it was, what did JP say? "an ugly orgy of raer"?

Speaking personally though, the forum helped confirm my interest in certain records and made me realize, there were others I really didn't need. From a seller's p.o.v. it's a mixed blessing. From a buyer's perspective? That's not a bad thing.

• just buy it instead... thats what DANNO just did...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4820473227

• "Boscoe ain't shit." (Boscoe ain't shit, that is the worst poetry I've ever heard in my life, that shit annoyed me to death.)

you have no brain

If you can't read the writing on the wall (x100)
    God damn you
    God damn us all
    Malcolm is dead cause of what he said
    And we didn't wanna listen
    Cause we was too busy kissin
    Kissin somebody's ass
    Cause we forgot about the past... etc etc

Almost sounds like a joke but it isn't. Dont get me wrong, there is a certain genius to any record worth that much $$$, but it's like fingernails on the blackboard to me.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    for those of you still interested in the board it exists at slsknet.org

soulseek sucks bro.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    It is good that RH got removed. I stopped posting LPs as soon as it became THAT orgy. Instead of discussin why you like or you don't like the Boscoe LP, it became a download craze. And just because humans are not perfect, you show off one LP, then 3, then 6 , then 10 then the music hunt is over...

RH was just a proof that ANY place can turn into a file transfer club because that's what Internet and MP3s push you to. What's the point of filling Hard Drives and Ipods if that's not to flash it at one moment of your life. It's pretty logic.

So either we remove this damn thing called computers from our house on our own behalf, for our own sake, or it's just gonna keep on devaluating the vinyl hunt to end up as a jurassic passion. Case in study : Scorpio61.

This dude was a reg member on the breaks for years...He prolly lurked here too at the same time. But that's not the point. He started off by downloading MP3s for years using the FAQ sample to create his collection. He took the time to stay at home and downloaded shitload of LPs. He started to do "mixes" of songs he downloaded on P2P and soulseek. He acquired a culture where he could talk about records for days. But dude never owened any. His collection is all burned CDs and hard drives. Potentially, all tracklist could be wrong, he have no way to check really, if it's not by asking to someone who owns it. Just burned CDs and HDs. Remember...NO vinyl at all. But again, dude could talk about Micalizzi, Joe Pass or Brian Bennett like there's no tomorrow.

After 4 years, dude posted his last topic on the-breaks, saying he HAVE to retire from the internet shit. I'm like, ok, whatever...

Then i got my Internet Spying Team that sent me a message last month...Dude is selling beats via internet for free up to thousands of dollars. He offers his services as a beatmaker to whovever is down for it. Granted if he was any "good" at it, he wouldn't do it that way. But still, the real headz section was feeding that kind of people. Maybe just one dude...maybe ten. Just remember that you might not be like that today, but you never know what you will become tomorrow.

ps : ill find back the link of his website coz shyt is too funny to read.

ps2 : if a real headz sekshun have to exist, then people onboard should provide proofs that they really purchase vinyls. Like me for example, Sheep can testify that i sent him 560 for japanese heaters. That's enough. Most of y'all can testify for each other. That's it. No buyers. No downloaders. You gotta feed the machine at one point...lol.

• gnarly.

i never downloaded a single file from that shit. to busy diggin.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    It is good that RH got removed. I stopped posting LPs as soon as it became THAT orgy. Instead of discussin why you like or you don't like the Boscoe LP, it became a download craze. And just because humans are not perfect, you show off one LP, then 3, then 6 , then 10 then the music hunt is over...
    RH was just a proof that ANY place can turn into a file transfer club because that's what Internet and MP3s push you to. What's the point of filling Hard Drives and Ipods if that's not to flash it at one moment of your life. It's pretty logic.
    So either we remove this damn thing called computers from our house on our own behalf, for our own sake, or it's just gonna keep on devaluating the vinyl hunt to end up as a jurassic passion. Case in study : Scorpio61.

This dude was a reg member on the breaks for years...He prolly lurked here too at the same time. But that's not the point. He started off by downloading MP3s for years using the FAQ sample to create his collection. He took the time to stay at home and downloaded shitload of LPs. He started to do "mixes" of songs he downloaded on P2P and soulseek. He acquired a culture where he could talk about records for days. But dude never owened any. His collection is all burned CDs and hard drives. Potentially, all tracklist could be wrong, he have no way to check really, if it's not by asking to someone who owns it. Just burned CDs and HDs. Remember...NO vinyl at all. But again, dude could talk about Micalizzi, Joe Pass or Brian Bennett like there's no tomorrow.
    After 4 years, dude posted his last topic on the-breaks, saying he HAVE to retire from the internet shit. I'm like, ok, whatever...
    Then i got my Internet Spying Team that sent me a message last month...Dude is selling beats via internet for free up to thousands of dollars. He offers his services as a beatmaker to whovever is down for it. Granted if he was any "good" at it, he wouldn't do it that way. But still, the real headz section was feeding that kind of people. Maybe just one dude...maybe ten. Just remember that you might not be like that today, but you never know what you will become tomorrow.

ps2 : if a real headz sekshun have to exist, then people onboard should provide proofs that they really purchase vinyls. Like me for example, Sheep can testify that i sent him 560 for japanese heaters. That's enough. Most of y'all can testify for each other. That's it. No buyers. No downloaders. You gotta feed the machine at one point...lol.

• I peronally think it kinda sucks that RH got the close. I think if people wanna share some shit with a group of like minded people that appreciate the hell out of good music, whatever... that is what makes it a community and not a room on a server. The ability to discuss and bang heads with like minded folks with records of the same caliber as you.... not a big deal, really. Personally, I don't think any spots were blown in RH, I didn't see anything that really made me shit my pants in terms of taste of rarity (aside from Psycheground, which is one of the few ultra rares that really turned my crank)....

I also think you would be hard pressed to find any real producer that would find it acceptable to start copping jawns off an MP3 and hooking them up to sell, especially if they dont know the publishing info cause they don't have the LP... but you know, maybe that is just me.

That being said, I also am fine with it. I always bang heads and trade with cats looking for the same type of records that I am into (which for a big part of RH was simply not the kind of shit that I collectro)....

Play on players....

Dos.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I also think you would be hard pressed to find any real producer that would find it acceptable to start copping jawns off an MP3 and hooking them up to sell, especially if they dont know the publishing info cause they don't have the LP... but you know, maybe that is just me.

Bsides is an admitted .mp3 jacker.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The thing is...RH never really evolved into a discussion space. It was really just a place to download. Part of the issue that hemmed people in is that it would seem hella wack for people to download, say, "East of Underground" and then be like, "this is wack. Overrated!" And in a sense, it would have been wack to diss. But the fact that people couldn't (or at least didn't) say much more than, "thanks, dope!" limited it as a space for actually convo.

I peronally think it kinda sucks that RH got the close. I think if people wanna share some shit with a group of like minded people that appreciate the hell out of good music, whatever... that is what makes it a community and not a room on a server. The ability to discuss and bang heads with like minded folks with records of the same caliber as you.... not a big deal, really. Personally, I don't think any spots were blown in RH, I didn't see anything that really made me shit my pants in terms of taste of rarity (aside from Psycheground, which is one of the few ultra rares that really turned my crank)....

That being said, I also am fine with it. I always bang heads and trade with cats looking for the same type of records that I am into (which for a big part of RH was simply not the kind of shit that I collectro)....

Play on players....

Dos.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I'm just sayin', guys, we had to work our way up to real-looking swords and plastic body armor. Back when we was coming up all we had was, like, PVC pipe, some foam and a shitload of duct tape. But now all these fucking douchebag kids are buying all this rad body armor and swords and maces and shit off ebay! It just chafes my ass, you know?

• gnarly.

i never downloaded a single file from that shit. to busy diggin.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Is that parable supposed to make sense??

Is any of this???

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    I was happy to share some music with the RH peeps - we had our own thing going on. A little closed community for people with arguably good taste in music. I own a grip of those records, and I appreciated snagging them for my iPod. A couple people get a little salty about music downloading, and its gone. Well, if it comes back, count me in.

Honestly, the idea that this kind of activity is doing something negative to the record market or encouraging mp3-jacking producers to start making illicit beats is just paranoid/delusional crazy talk...

...take a deep breath.

Share some music - what's the difference btw downloading an album and deciding its rubbish and dropping your portable needle on some psych raer at FMU and passing on it? I'm going to buy whatever I really want on on vinyl...if I can find it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If anything I would have got rid of this:

before I dumped the forum of the same name...
    the most overused & abused graemlin EVAR!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I just feel like people are too lazy now. The days of finding unknown and great records is so close to being over... which on the one hand is great, I mean, it's so much easier to sell certain titles, of course there are those under-the-radar pieces I can swoop at the flea or the show or whatever but honestly I wish people were a little more enterprising. Not like it used to be.

I think you're succumbing to "Rockadelic Mentality" here. Yes, realheadz allowed dudes to get a little lazy, but it's not an "either you're digging or you're downloading" issue. I think the majority of posters on soulstrut are still obsessive collectros. Besides, as individuals I don't think any of us are at risk of running out of new old records to discover. It's true that there are few totally undiscovered gems left, but collective knowledge and individual knowledge are two different things. I think the realheadz forum should attest to that.

Holy Shit!!! I've been here two months and I already have a damn mentality named after me!!! What is there left for me to shoot for??