What's Your Real Headz Playlist-Heavy Rotation?

Comments

• As a medium for discovering records, it was far inferior to spending time with a knowledgeable, friendly dealer (which is often inconvenient for most of those who don't live in SF or NYC),

You know what I was thinking about though Tom? There's record shows all over the country, most of them are easy enough to find out about. Why not go for a day and just sift through 45s? Pull out random unknown LPs and check em on the portable? Do people care enough to do that? Or is there not enough payoff to make it worth it? I don't know, people sit on this site all day when they could be scouring for records. Get ta diggin!

I just feel like people are too lazy now. The days of finding unknown and great records is so close to being over... which on the one hand is great, I mean, it's so much easier to sell certain titles, of course there are those under-the-radar pieces I can swoop at the flea or the show or whatever but honestly I wish people were a little more enterprising. Not like it used to be.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    my pussy is just sore cause my computer crashed and I lost all that music. I'll be bothering peoples on here for copies of Lovelites, & Boscoe on mp3 (no no reish)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Whoah, one guy bellyaches about sharing music and you take down the section?

never underestimate the power of an industry insider.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I just feel like people are too lazy now. The days of finding unknown and great records is so close to being over...

in all honesty this is one of the reasons I jumped into modern soul. It was a genre I knew nothing about and couldn't find much info on either. I was able to "discover" a lot of music without too much outside influence or hype.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    R.I.P. Real Headz

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I just feel like people are too lazy now. The days of finding unknown and great records is so close to being over...

but there are still so many foreign countries full of indigenous people whose music has not been totally co-opted. there's still plenty of unknown treasures!

• I just feel like people are too lazy now. The days of finding unknown and great records is so close to being over...

but there are still so many foreign countries full of indigenous people whose music has not been totally co-opted. there's still plenty of unknown treasures!

i got some nice russian modal jazz last week!

• but there are still so many foreign countries full of indigenous people whose music has not been totally co-opted. there's still plenty of unknown treasures!

• Damn!!! "here today, gone today" and Reynaldo was putting in so much work it's a shame for it to go to waste like that.Oh well i enjoyed it while it lasted.

work and Reynaldo are two words that should not be in the same post

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    It was fun while it lasted, I heard some stuff I liked, some stuff I didn't. As a medium for discovering records, it was far inferior to spending time with a knowledgeable, friendly dealer (which is often inconvenient for most of those who don't live in SF or NYC), and somewhat inferior to listening to a DJ put together a well thought out set (with playlist--fuck a coverup). I did like that it blew the hype out of some records and into some others.

my sentiments precisely

• work and Reynaldo are two words that should not be in the same post

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    :::RAJ getting furious PMs from the 27 Strutters who just reached 200 posts:::

THE MASQUARADE IS OVER[/b]

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Oh well--it was fun while it lasted. Indeed.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    It would be pretty funny if Raj
    had just upped the post count to 10,000 -
    so we all suddenly lost it from the menu,
    and only Crink & JP have access!

indeed!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    i can produce a copy of the lovelites lp for someone if they're willing to pay to play.

?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Real haedz!???

Pfff! They banned me.

WTF!??

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    R.I.P. Real Headz

Damn!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I seriously beleive that it's becoming way too easy for everybody now. Boscoe "ehhh" East of Underground "ehh"... ya'll are getting desenitized to music you would jack off to if you foound it out in the field, Get out there and dig!

AMEN....GET OUT THERE AND DIG!!!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

GET IN THERE AND DIG!!!!!

• I seriously beleive that it's becoming way too easy for everybody now. Boscoe "ehhh" East of Underground "ehh"... ya'll are getting desenitized to music you would jack off to if you foound it out in the field, Get out there and dig!

A terd is a terd no matter where you find it, on ebay, in the "field"

dudes that judge music on $ are in this for the wrong reasons

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    R.I.P. Real Headz

Damn!

I seriously beleive that it's becoming way too easy for everybody now. Boscoe "ehhh" East of Underground "ehh"... ya'll are getting desenitized to music you would jack off to if you foound it out in the field, Get out there and dig!

A terd is a terd no matter where you find it, on ebay, in the "field"

dudes that judge music on $ are in this for the wrong reasons

There is nothing more satisfying for me than going out and finding something that NOBODY else is hip to.....call it feeding my ego but for me, that's the shit!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I hear you -all- but can't you do both...?

I hear you -all- but can't you do both...?

Not me....this diggin' shit is more powerful than heroin....and of course in my spare time I have to argue politics!!

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    yo, maybe in a few months there can be another record day & LPs can be posted up here on that day alone !?! jus a suggestion, make it a lil more 'special' .. I mean christmas don't happen every other day now

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Who knows if RAJ or someone else has decided to close this section...?

That's strange because, yesterday my last post was something like this:

Is it me or this dude only has 119 posts... WTF?

I'm just tryin' to understand.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Who knows if RAJ or someone else has decided to close this section...?

That's strange because, yesterday my last post was something like this:

Is it me or this dude only has 119 posts... WTF?

I'm just tryin' to understand.

soulstrut vet!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

soulstrut vet!!!

Yeah! I can see... 2003

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

soulstrut vet!!!

Yeah! I can see... 2003

Don't let the date fool you. He's been around longer than that.