NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• P's comin' back...

I missed it but looks like the Lakers destroyed the Hornets.

How about this though:

CHA: 95

BOS: 83

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    BYNUM OWNS TYSON CHANDLER. So pretty much Dallas is the only elite team that LA hasn't beaten. This team is loaded.

Nowitzki looks much comfortable from 23ft than 3 ft. He should probably stay there. Just as long as they don't see the Warriors......they'll be fine.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

CHA: 95

BOS: 83

The - ahem - Bobcats have given the C's two of their
    toughest games this season. It took a buzzer shot by
    Ray Allen to beat 'em in NC, and they handed the boys
    their worst loss point margin of the year tonight, at home.
    Maybe they have taken them too lightly, but after the last
    game I would think they would have been ready. No Ray Allen or
    Big Baby tonight, and you could feel the absence of Allen,
    especially when the Celtics were up 11 in the first half,
    that's when he usually drains a few tough ones to keep the
    foot on the throat. Oh well, I'm sure this will only serve
    as a wake-up call that the season has a long way to go.

I get the impression KG doesn't sleep the night of a loss.
    He's probably sitting in his kitchen staring at the wall as
    I type this, with a long night ahead of him.

• Lakers/Hornets should be a good game. Pistons should dominate Dallas, but we'll see.

O RLY?

0 for 2, Prognosticus.

• Lakers/Hornets should be a good game. Pistons should dominate Dallas, but we'll see.

O RLY?

0 for 2, Prognosticus.

Thanks, I really needed you to point that out after I already admitted I was wrong.

I hesitantly congratulate the Mavs on a win at home against a tired team on a back to back coming off a loss. And the Lakers, they are on a roll. Hot schitt, but glad I didn't tune in for a blow out.

...but it's still only January.

• Nowitzki looks much comfortable from 23ft than 3 ft.

As always...

The biggest complaint about Dirk is that he can't man up inside the paint. If he doesn't develop that game (which I thought he was doing), then he's the same Dirk everybody complained about the last 2 years. The fall away jumper is on hit though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bass BANGED it on Maxiell

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

that's my dude right thurr.
    he can have coffee. you know why?

because he's a closer.
    coffee is for closers.

J=Rich started out slow but he's gettin his game up.

The Bobcats shifted the starting lineup over.

Okafor - C from PF
    Wallace - PF from SF
    J-Rich - SF from SG
    Felton - SG from PG
    MCInnis - PG from Bench

• Gerald Wallace has been impressive from what I've seen as well this year. It seems like the Wallace/Okafor/Jrich trio should be able to produce some solid results in the next couple years. Playoffs even.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    that's a much better look for them.
    i've only watched a couple of their games this season, weren't they running okafor at f/c and then a rotating cast of hollins and harrington at C when the defense needed a true center?
    ugh. not the most ideal of situations.

that's a much better look for them.
    i've only watched a couple of their games this season, weren't they running okafor at f/c and then a rotating cast of hollins and harrington at C when the defense needed a true center?
    ugh. not the most ideal of situations.

Mohhammed was brought in to play the 5 and move Okafor to the 4. Theyre a better running team w/ Okafor at the C spot. But its a mess when they go half court against the Real Big Dudes.

Okafor was lookin real weak when he matched up against Dwight Howard. He's really a Natural 4 in my book.

• Isiah Tossed as Knicks Drop to Rockets
    By BRIAN MAHONEY,
    AP
    Posted: 2008-01-09 23:14:31

NEW YORK (Jan. 9) - Isiah Thomas wanted Yao Ming out of the lane. Instead, Thomas got thrown out the game.

And it was all Houston from there.

Yao scored 36 points, and the Rockets broke open a close game after Thomas was ejected to beat the New York Knicks 101-92 Wednesday night for their season-high fourth straight victory.

Rafer Alston added 20 points, eight assists and six rebounds for the Rockets, who seized control immediately after Thomas was tossed in the opening minute of the final quarter when he came onto the floor to argue with referee Eric Lewis that Yao should have been called for a 3-second violation.

It was unclear if the Knicks coach made contact with the official before he was thrown out for the first time this season, though he said he didn't. Going onto the floor doesn't warrant an automatic ejection.

The NBA will review the incident and likely interview Thomas and the officials.

"I was close enough in his ear that he could hear me, but I didn't bump him or anything like that," Thomas said. "The reaction that I gave, you can look at it two ways and say you could just give him a tech or he can be thrown out of the game. But I'm not a guy[/b] and I haven't shown in this league that I complain a lot."

Isiah Tossed as Knicks Drop to Rockets
    By BRIAN MAHONEY,
    AP

"I was close enough in his ear that he could hear me, but I didn't bump him or anything like that," Thomas said. "The reaction that I gave, you can look at it two ways and say you could just give him a tech or he can be thrown out of the game. But I'm not a guy[/b] and I haven't shown in this league that I complain a lot."

It wasnt funny the first time dude.

• Isiah Tossed as Knicks Drop to Rockets
    By BRIAN MAHONEY,
    AP

NEW YORK (Jan. 9) - Isiah Thomas wanted Yao Ming out of the lane. Instead, Thomas got thrown out the game.

And it was all Houston from there.

Yao scored 36 points, and the Rockets broke open a close game after Thomas was ejected to beat the New York Knicks 101-92 Wednesday night for their season-high fourth straight victory.

Rafer Alston added 20 points, eight assists and six rebounds for the Rockets, who seized control immediately after Thomas was tossed in the opening minute of the final quarter when he came onto the floor to argue with referee Eric Lewis that Yao should have been called for a 3-second violation.

It was unclear if the Knicks coach made contact with the official before he was thrown out for the first time this season, though he said he didn't. Going onto the floor doesn't warrant an automatic ejection.

The NBA will review the incident and likely interview Thomas and the officials.

• "I was close enough in his ear that he could hear me, but I didn't bump him or anything like that," Thomas said. "The reaction that I gave, you can look at it two ways and say you could just give him a tech or he can be thrown out of the game. But I'm not a guy[/b] and I haven't shown in this league that I complain a lot."

I wasnt funny the first time dude.
    worst double post ever. he meant to say he's not a guy who is known to complain a lot, okay?

• I wasnt funny the first time dude.

Now that was funny,
    This is still the first post as someone seemed to be offended (by "out of the closet" in the title maybe?) and deleated it. So it was moved here. Probably to be deleated again

I wasnt funny the first time dude.

Now that was funny,
    This is still the first post as someone seemed to be offended (by "out of the closet" in the title maybe?) and deleated it. So it was moved here. Probably to be deleated again

It was NBA related so it probably got moved here. Regardless, Thomas-Bashing is so tired.

• here's an interesting perspective on why Baron Davis won't be on the all- star team:

Link

By the way, this is the kind of game that shows why Baron won???t be an All-Star, probably ever again, and almost certainly not this season.

He was incredible in the San Antonio victory. Almost a perfect game, except for some bad defense. He set himself up for laurels, he led his team, he just needed one more huge effort to put himself back on the All-Star landscape.

Then this. Steve Nash doesn???t hit the bottom like this. Kobe doesn???t. Tony Parker??? Chris Paul??? Deron Williams??? Iverson, Carmelo, Marion??? They might not shoot it well every night, but they show up, usually, and give you something.

Tonight, Baron gave nothing.

Other coaches have gotten disgusted with Baron about this kind of stuff???just shutting it down when things get tough fast. Baron hasn???t done much of it as a Warrior. He has been a great Warrior, as I???ve said often and recently. The greatest since Rick Barry.

But he shut it down tonight. 1-for-6 shooting, 1 assist, 3 fouls (bad), 4 points in 14 minutes??? with a plus/minus of -29. That???s MINUS 29, out of a great player, in 14 minutes.

I think that this may be a little harsh considering that the whole Warriors team was flat against the Blazers last night after a grueling win over the Spurs on Tuesday.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    here's an interesting perspective on why Baron Davis won't be on the all- star team:

Link

By the way, this is the kind of game that shows why Baron won???t be an All-Star, probably ever again, and almost certainly not this season.

He was incredible in the San Antonio victory. Almost a perfect game, except for some bad defense. He set himself up for laurels, he led his team, he just needed one more huge effort to put himself back on the All-Star landscape.

Then this. Steve Nash doesn???t hit the bottom like this. Kobe doesn???t. Tony Parker??? Chris Paul??? Deron Williams??? Iverson, Carmelo, Marion??? They might not shoot it well every night, but they show up, usually, and give you something.

Other coaches have gotten disgusted with Baron about this kind of stuff???just shutting it down when things get tough fast. Baron hasn???t done much of it as a Warrior. He has been a great Warrior, as I???ve said often and recently. The greatest since Rick Barry.

But he shut it down tonight. 1-for-6 shooting, 1 assist, 3 fouls (bad), 4 points in 14 minutes??? with a plus/minus of -29. That???s MINUS 29, out of a great player, in 14 minutes.

I think that this may be a little harsh considering that the whole Warriors team was flat against the Blazers last night after a grueling win over the Spurs on Tuesday.

And he only played 14 minutes. The team was down 16 in the first half, down 20 for much of the rest of the game no matter who they had out there.

• I can think of 4 better reasons why he won't be an all star this year:

Kobe Bryant
    Allen Iverson
    Steve Nash
    Tracy McGrady (the Yao effect)

Still, I'd vote for Baron over McGrady, but the bottom guards will be coaches vote, and it also depends on how many injuries there are with whoever does get voted in.

I think that perspective is a little harsh though, every player has bad games. Judge him by the good he's done this season, not by the one terrible game he had. That's why I hate critics. You can be an allstar through 30 games and have one shitty one and all of a sudden you're worthless.

here's an interesting perspective on why Baron Davis won't be on the all- star team:

Link

whatever. After the starting five maybe the coaches will vote him in. Its a popularity contest so logic gets thrown out of the window when judging this shit.

• all star is looking like this:

East Starting 5:

Kidd
    Wade
    LeBron
    KG
    Howard

West Starting 5:

T-Mac (ghey, AI is 80k votes behind)
    Kobe
    Melo (FINALLY)
    Duncan
    Yao

My guess is that these numbers will hold, but hopefully AI can get the votes to beat out T-Mac. Dirk is 275k behind Melo, I don't think he'll get caught up on votes. Allen is 130k or so behind Kidd. Nobody else is even close.

I'm hoping the coaches go for the following (assuming they get 12 per team, can't remember):

West - AI (if he doesn't beat T-Mac), Amare, Nash, Dirk, Boozer, Baron/Paul (one or the other), Camby

East: Bosh, Butler, Chauncey, Allen, and whoever else.

Wade is not an All-Star

• Wade is not an All-Star

But he's voted as one, unfortunately.

Wade is not an All-Star

But he's voted as one, unfortunately.

Str8 Silliness by the dumb public. Dude gets votes cause of his Fav 5 commercials and shit.
    Whatever.

• Haha, yeah, I'm suprirsed Barkley's not getting votes! Actually, I bet people have written him in.

Kidd
    Wade
    LeBron
    KG
    Howard

West Starting 5:

T-Mac (ghey, AI is 80k votes behind)
    Kobe
    Melo (FINALLY)
    Duncan
    Yao

You see this is good, but it's the same stars. Same predictable outcome. Scrimmage for most part of the game, and then play real ball for 5 minutes.

West:

Bruce Bowen
    Raja Bell
    Trevor Ariza
    Matt Harpring
    Marcus Camby