waxidermy claims this board is "dead" "over" etc

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Fatback!?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Fatback!?

woah, no kidding. Hi F****!

• yeah i like how cpeetz & everyone over there claim he won that online soundclash against me here on SS. that tells me all i need to know about what fools over on that site are on. as cliche' as it may sound, real heads know the deal.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Fatback said:
    As someone who posted a lot up to about 3 years ago, let me say for the record that my lack of participation has nothing to do with other posters, the board design, waxidermy, facebook etc.

I just do not have time. But I do miss it because I had a lot of fun!

oh boy. wow. hello!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    picoandsepulveda said:
    yeah i like how cpeetz & everyone over there claim he won that online soundclash against me here on SS. that tells me all i need to know about what fools over on that site are on. as cliche' as it may sound, real heads know the deal.

REMATCH! Winner gets blown by Picoandsepulveda.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    OOF

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    picoandsepulveda said:
    yeah i like how cpeetz & everyone over there claim he won that online soundclash against me here on SS. that tells me all i need to know about what fools over on that site are on. as cliche' as it may sound, real heads know the deal.

REMATCH! Loser gets blown by Picoandsepulveda.

This shit is like a high school reunion

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    We all need to relax, smoke a blunt, drink a 40.

We could, but the original suggestion to drink a 40, smoke a blunt, and get laid sounds much more fun.

bassie said:
    We could, but the original suggestion to drink a 40, smoke a blunt, and get laid sounds much more fun.

That was it! You know, I can't even remember the name of the woman who originally said that. I'm getting old.

Miss Shingaling

• Just wanted to throw my lil bit of encouragement for keeping this site alive. I know I barely post anymore, and was never a major contributor, but I still lurk and drool over finds now and then. I can also honestly say that I've met a handful of really good heads from here, and learned about a ton of records. When I first moved out to LA a little over a year ago, Kid Gusto was one of the first people I connected with- a guy I had never met in person, but had known online from this site for years. Heatrocks for benefit causes and that type of rallying always inspired me too. I agree that creativity is all that's needed to keeping it going.

RAJ said:
    Miss Shingaling

Of course! How could I forget. I wonder what happened to shingaling, but not enough to google.

Can you believe it was a decade ago that we were hanging out in Montreal? We need Otis Funkmeyer back on the strut, too!

Danno3000 said:
    RAJ said:
    Miss Shingaling

Of course! How could I forget. I wonder what happened to shingaling, but not enough to google.

Can you believe it was a decade ago that we were hanging out in Montreal? We need Otis Funkmeyer back on the strut, too!

Some of the best diggin' memories evar.

Marrs!

• Danno3000 said:
    RAJ said:
    Miss Shingaling

I'm still here! Found this in the archives too...

From the personal log of yours truly, August 2004

I SHARTED.

Yep. This morning. On the train coming to work, I let what I thought was nothing but mere morning "Solid" gas, but actually turned out to be liquid, out of my anus. It wasn't that much, I thought, but I said to myself, I should really check out the situation when I get to work. I got out of the train and started walking to work, when another supposedly dry but actually wet shart emerged. I went straight to the men's room in my office. Sure enough, there was a visible and aromatic stain on the ass of my pants. I sat for 10 minutes not knowing what to do. I tried drying it with TP, then I took off my pants and started trying to wash them with wet paper towels, to no avail. I thought, "Maybe if I just stay in my seat all day, no one will notice." but the pungent odor reminded me that was not an option. I had to leave. A guy got into the elevator with me and I stood with my back to the wall. I've seen this guy around, but we weren't friends, and we never talked. For some reason today he decides to be Mr. Friendly and tries striking up a conversation with me. Though I have never wanted to have a conversation less in my life, I managed to force out a few one-word answers and escape the elevator without incident. I finally left the building and just started walking, maybe I'd go home, or to Union Square to find a men's clothing store, then I remembered there is a discount mens store a couple blocks away from my office. I untucked my shirt to hide whatever I could and headed down there. I shamefully told the employee I just needed some pants becuase I had and "unexpected accident" and I wanted to wear the new ones out. He was pretty cool about it and had the decency to laugh only behind my back. I walked out wearing new pants and european underwear, and I threw my old pair away, and now here I am.

• RAJ said:
    Marrs!

the dude from mars, as depicted in danno's avatar, was/is a legendary fellow. he is basically the inspiration for "the comic book guy" from the simpsons.

crabmongerfunk said:
    RAJ said:
    Marrs!

the dude from mars, as depicted in danno's avatar, was/is a legendary fellow. he is basically the inspiration for "the comic book guy" from the simpsons.

Do you know what happened to Tom? I often wonder what he's doing now, also his buddy Allen.

• it's been a while now. in the early 2000's he had spot further down on st. catherine's, near place des arts where all the records were just piled up on the floor. it was a grim scene. last i saw was in the mid-2000's when he was running a very scaled down version of the st. catherine's operation that he was calling papya but it has since dissapeared. the other guy i haven;t seen since the 90's...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    RAJ said:
    Miss Shingaling

Didn't she turn up selling stuff on Etsy recently?

Knitter 45 Holders

• SportCasual said:
    picoandsepulveda said:

REMATCH! Winner gets blown by Picoandsepulveda.

i would just be blowing myself and i don't need to win a soundclash to do that.

We should definitely do another soundclash with two new competitors.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Hi guys (and Audrey and Bassie (and, if you're still here, djAnna, whitelily, coselmed, neta)).

I love this place and the people that I've met through this site. Once upon a time I put up 200 reasons why, but that list was consigned to the dustbin of history in the great board crash of like 2003. In 2005, I became a father and in 2009, I did it again. Being older and with more responsibility, I haven't had as much time to contribute to this or any other websites. The rise and prominence of facebook has also carved into just about every message board niche in the world, and a lot of the people that I really connected with through soulstrut, I now connect with through other virtual and real-world channels.

But it's really the girls that have kept me busiest.

Helen Louise and Evelyn May, in their Christmas finery hand-sewn for them by my mom.

Evelyn May, age 2. Wearing the hat that I got when we went hiking with crazy Uncle Jim in the north woods of Maine the day after Thanksgiving 1993.

Here she is again, sitting with me at the piano at my dad's house in Portland.

Along the way, these little ones get exposed to records, music, and life in general.

But never to soulstrut! Y'all are too nasty!!

The soul strut top 100 records, plus the Big Stacks mix, (both of which I saw through Facebook) brought me back, and I was dismayed (but not surprised) to see some of the talk in this thread.

Raj, do what's best for you and your familly. Even if Faux has left, you'll always have Soulstrut Legal(TM) at your back.

I love this place for 200 reasons.
    JRoot

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    bassie said:
    We should definitely do another soundclash with two new competitors.

Is that a challenge, yeah??!

haha! No - my records are nice, but my dick-measuring game is definitely lacking.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    JRoot, what's that you got your children listening to? A Marvin Smith single on Mayfield?

C'mon don't be shook! Promise I'll go easy on ya' :coolhmm:

Pico! lemme borrow this one for the clash man

Can I call you, play the song, you record it and then post it for me?
    That's about the only way I can post records.

(and don't be funny and change one of my songs to some CTI terd)