waxidermy claims this board is "dead" "over" etc

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i havent bought a record in over four years

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    As you can seen from my post count, I am not a frequent contributor to this site. But I have been around a looong time. My profile says I joined in 2004, but I think that's due to a redesign at the time, because I was definitely doing some heavy lurking in my first year of university, which was 2001. I actually went to school with Rory (StopAndCop). I believe I might have stumbled on this place before that though. I know John Book and I were both members of the Dj Shadow mailing list (can't remember name). Ha way back then doing sample-pack mix-offs all trying to be little Joshes. So more than a decade anyways. Wow. I wish I could say that I was more active around here, and contributed more to the canon of the 'strut. I always felt like a little dude in the big pond because my record knowledge is not deep, and I just dabble in beats for fun mostly. Looking back though, I wish I spent more time being active. Because there is absolutely no denying that this site has had a small but very very real part in helping shape my sense of style, my musical tastes, my slang, and my knowledge about life in general, not just rekkids. So I feel guilty. Like I used Soulstrut all these years and didn't give back. I am proud to have been able to have one of my songs included on Gnat's Break In The Road compilation. But I have taken far more than I have given.

So thank you. If you're reading this, then you've probably provided me with great music or laughs at some point around here. And I think this place probably means even more to you than it does to me. So I promise right now that if there is a way I can help reinvigorate the site, I'm going to try. I owe it to you.

ps thanks Raj for birthing this bitch.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    BeatChemist said:
    As you can seen from my post count, I am not a frequent contributor to this site. But I have been around a looong time. My profile says I joined in 2004, but I think that's due to a redesign at the time, because I was definitely doing some heavy lurking in my first year of university, which was 2001. I actually went to school with Rory (StopAndCop). I believe I might have stumbled on this place before that though. I know John Book and I were both members of the Dj Shadow mailing list (can't remember name). Ha way back then doing sample-pack mix-offs all trying to be little Joshes. So more than a decade anyways. Wow. I wish I could say that I was more active around here, and contributed more to the canon of the 'strut. I always felt like a little dude in the big pond because my record knowledge is not deep, and I just dabble in beats for fun mostly. Looking back though, I wish I spent more time being active. Because there is absolutely no denying that this site has had a small but very very real part in helping shape my sense of style, my musical tastes, my slang, and my knowledge about life in general, not just rekkids. So I feel guilty. Like I used Soulstrut all these years and didn't give back. I am proud to have been able to have one of my songs included on Gnat's Break In The Road compilation. But I have taken far more than I have given.

So thank you. If you're reading this, then you've probably provided me with great music or laughs at some point around here. And I think this place probably means even more to you than it does to me. So I promise right now that if there is a way I can help reinvigorate the site, I'm going to try. I owe it to you.

ps thanks Raj for birthing this bitch.

Much appreciated man!

• ODD FUTURE KILLED SOULSTRUT!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Time to follow Shig's example and climb back up that incline.

We're not done???

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    kala said:
    "Meanwhile, Faux Rillz is over there bitching like a coward"

what has he ever added to either site but empty vapid hip hop discourse?
    not a mix ,record find s or a pittance of record knowledge dropped???ever
    yet dudes dick ride him and he is considered "one of the crew"
    do tell why?

did faux_rillz leave the strut?

I hadn't noticed.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    kala said:

do tell why?

I hadn't noticed.

it's a deadly game

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    kala said:

do tell why?

Faux has indeed dropped some great knowledge on Soulstrut about Jazz / Latin records, without question. Rap? Not so much

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i miss yung_faux

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    kala said:

do tell why?

I hadn't noticed.

it's a deadly game

Oh man, that thread was amazing.

YES please to bump.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    YES please to bump.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Not to get on topic or anything, but Soulstrut shouldn't try and out waxidermy Waxidermy. If that's where record snark is happening and set sales are working now then so be it. Soulstrut has covered 90% of the relevant record ground throughout the years and can still turn on the guns when it needs to... so big deal I say. Good threads here are still constant, they just aren't always about records anymore. Nothing stays the same forever.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    Waxidermy is full of dudes who think "alone time music" is topical.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

CAREFUL PEOPLE!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Imagine a random friend being in a coma for the last 4 years and waking up tomorrow. You show them soulstrut for aweek and they'd be caught up on everything they needed to know - and learn a bit about good records. If you tried to use waxidermy to reintroduce them to society, they would be completely :zooted:

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Shit, my son wraps himself around a tree last week,busts his leg and the next time I look up Raj is sayin it's time for the strut to dead itself. Ooof....
    I know it's been quiet around here, and I'm as guilty as the next (house building related). But when I do turn on the PC the Strut is one of the sites that is always checked. Please Raj, find a way to keep 'er going. Some folks jumped ship after the redesign... the classifieds certainly fell off a cliff. But there's always something on here that gets a reaction out of me: that's what I love.
    If you need to save $$$ cut the strut to the bones, try to save the mixes. It's all you can do now that you're up to your tits in the real world.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Soulstrut: nostalgic for the old board since 2005:

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/5253/

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Axl Raj

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Axl Raj

triple post

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Axl Raj

Woah??? A Triple Axl !

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Woah??? A Triple Axl !

Well played sir. Is it too late in the thread to blame the site redesign for my triple post?

Reminds me I gotta sign up for the Olympics Triplecast.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    LoopDreams said:
    Shit, my son wraps himself around a tree last week,busts his leg and the next time I look up Raj is sayin it's time for the strut to dead itself. Ooof....
    I know it's been quiet around here, and I'm as guilty as the next (house building related). But when I do turn on the PC the Strut is one of the sites that is always checked. Please Raj, find a way to keep 'er going. Some folks jumped ship after the redesign... the classifieds certainly fell off a cliff. But there's always something on here that gets a reaction out of me: that's what I love.
    If you need to save $$$ cut the strut to the bones, try to save the mixes. It's all you can do now that you're up to your tits in the real world.

When new mixes are put up it would be cool to have a thread with a link to them - always good talking points/.

Flomotion said:
    LoopDreams said:

When new mixes are put up it would be cool to have a thread with a link to them - always good talking points/.

Good idea.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    As someone who posted a lot up to about 3 years ago, let me say for the record that my lack of participation has nothing to do with other posters, the board design, waxidermy, facebook etc.

I just do not have time. But I do miss it because I had a lot of fun!

• Fatback said:
    As someone who posted a lot up to about 3 years ago, let me say for the record that my lack of participation has nothing to do with other posters, the board design, waxidermy, facebook etc.

I just do not have time. But I do miss it because I had a lot of fun!