TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Junior said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Paul is still blocking my PMs, so could somebody send him that link?

Ok that's odd. I was just chuckling to myself about him still blocking you and was all ready to make some sarcy remark about transport gang war

I was gonna send him a bus pass with the CD as well.

Edit: Ah mystery solved. Disappointing lack of drama.

So what was I doing wrong?

edit: may not make any difference, but there's one of those e-petition things doing the rounds about the head of HMRC taking an early retirement on the back of some bribes for allowing Goldman Sachs (of we rule the world, not the governments fame) and Vodafone to escape billions of income tax or something, and blocking an enquiry.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/goldman_sachs_pay_your_tax/?cl=1491626347&v=11893

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Aha, I just changed my password and it reset everything to my login.

Try now!

I'll change my avatar as well....

Edit: Nice one Duder, got it. Looking forward to checking it out.

Peee-emmmmm'dddd.

So Liverpool vs Man Utd up next in the FA cup?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The second half of that match was pretty unbearable - felt like I was watching Arsenal when they go through one of their meltdowns (no disrespect intended Goooners). Do not like Jones one little bit. With Scholes on the pitch, Beckham in the stands, Keane in the studio and Hargreaves coming on as a sub for the opposition the whole thing felt like some kind of weird testimonial at times. Entertaining match though all in all.

Apparently they're going to hold 'a truce'. It's not like managers in their program notes encourage the fans to chant abuse at each other. Or do they?

I thought Kompany's red card was harsh, but then I would :-P
    Good game though, and even an under-strength ten man City looked more dangerous than UTD, but Citeh's keeper wasn't the best. I thought she had a shocker really.

Duderonomy said:

and even an under-strength ten man City looked more dangerous than UTD,

So dangerous they were 3-0 down at half time and even after United gifting them 2 goals, couldn't make it count.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Junior said:
    The second half of that match was pretty unbearable - felt like I was watching Arsenal when they go through one of their meltdowns (no disrespect intended Goooners). Do not like Jones one little bit. With Scholes on the pitch, Beckham in the stands, Keane in the studio and Hargreaves coming on as a sub for the opposition the whole thing felt like some kind of weird testimonial at times. Entertaining match though all in all.

I thought the red was harsh, kind of took the competitive element away after that. Welbeck's goal was a peach. Un*ted no good at keep-ball, still. Good to see City didn't get their chins on their chests for the last 45, could have eked out a draw perhaps but without super Mario, the outcome was about right.

Meh.

magpaul said:
    Duderonomy said:

and even an under-strength ten man City looked more dangerous than UTD,

So dangerous they were 3-0 down at half time and even after United gifting them 2 goals, couldn't make it count.

I was praying for Hargreaves to curl one in and draw them level!

Feeling Henry's Anelka/Hayes facial grooming.

Last night was a brilliant night for a couple of reasons.

My friend has a freeview digibox, but none of the sky sports channels. We were debating about whether or not we could be bothered to go to the pub to watch Arse vs Leeds, and I said that I hadn???t even seen it listed on sky, so maybe it wasn???t being screened. We did some channel hopping, and realised (after 6 months!) that he gets ESPN ??? result.

The game itself was looking typical Arsenal. Plenty of possession, lots of shots, but nothing that had troubled the Leeds keeper. On came Henry, and as soon as he got onto that pass in that position, it was a goal. I think some kind of weird muscle-memory probably kicked in for him and he didn???t even have to think about the shot. So calmly taken, and it only made Arshavin???s toils look all the more futile. As for Chamakh, I think his wife must beat him daily since that tabloid outed his fling in Vegas or something. Why the hell Wenger subbed Oxlade-Chamberpot instead of Arshavin or Chamakh was beyond me.

Only negative is that despite all of the talk about a humble, mature Henry, it would???ve been nice if he???d given Song some credit for the slick through-ball. I guess he was caught up in the moment ??? dude was clearly holding back the tears when he came on, and that was one of the best goal celebrations I've seen from him. The drama. His last game could be vs Spurs, and he may feature against UTD. Please dear lord who art in heaven, Gooner be thy name.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i watched the arsenal leeds game from a while back on classic sports and he scored a very similar goal
    i really despised him at barcelona but what a storybook finish (literally) for him..happy for you gunners
    arshavin needs to move to CSKA

pcmr said:

arshavin needs to move to China

He's not been a great success has he? He's had a few good games, but he's not the first name on the sheet.

Yeah if I was a gunner I would find him an incredibly frustrating player. Undeniably talented but some thing's wrong there. Seems like Russian players are the new South Americans of the premiership.

Junior said:
    Yeah if I was a gunner I would find him an incredibly frustrating player. Undeniably talented but some thing's wrong there. Seems like Russian players are the new South Americans of the premiership.

He's been better than Robinho, doe

True indeed, guess the South Americans are also the new South Americans of the Permiership. I'm far more sympathetic to the culture/climate moans of a Brazilian living in the UK than a Russian though. I mean, I know the UK is a shit hole but is it really a step down from Arctic winters?

F*ck Arshavin. I swear he only joined because he figured Barca would come in for him. He played brilliantly from the January transfer window that we signed him until the summer, and when no transfer happened, he just stop trying. Against Leeds it looked like the penny had dropped; nobody is going to come in for him if he's sitting on the bench, and maybe it would be nice to actually get some first team football, but he's so rusty now it's untrue. An obvious talent who's let it go to waste. Wenger isn't a good enough disciplinarian I guess. Should've bollocked him long ago and relegated him to the reserves or something.

Wenger said we???ve been missing a good joker since Wright left. Apparently Eboue was full of cracks, but Szczchzzzchezny is best thing we???ve had since Lens:
    Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has apologised for saying in a Twitter message that team-mate Aaron Ramsey looked "like a rapist".
    The 21-year-old Polish goalkeeper has been reminded by the club of his responsibilities, and apologised for any offence his remarks had caused.
    The statements mocking Wales captain Ramsey have since been deleted from Szczesny's Twitter timeline.
    "I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my tweets," Szczesny wrote on Twitter.
    "There are some things we should not joke about and I have crossed the line. Sorry!"
    Poland international Szczesny joined the Gunners in 2006 from Polish side Legia Warsaw and has since made 35 appearances for the club - including their 1-0 FA Cup victory over Leeds United on Tuesday.
    Ramsey, also 21, had posted a picture of himself attending a golf event, to which Szczesny responded: "I don't wanna be rude mate but you look like a rapist on that picture."
    The Wales international had treated the comments as light-hearted, replying: "I try my best mate we're not all blessed with a good fashion sense like you".

So, naught 'Arry eh? Surely this latest episode of financial irregularity will seal the deal regarding his employment as next england manager.

If anyone's got a sick interest in taking a walk in my shoes Channel 4 have kindly made a documentary about the joyous event that is the weekend night life on Colchester high street . If you want to feel better about your own life you can view it on 4OD http://www.channel4.com/programmes/party-paramedics/4od

I watch-ted it.

I suspect this is the same everywhere, nippers living the dream on low-quality khoak and plenty booze to a background of Gaga. They don't give a monkeys.

Youth wasted on the young... same as it ever was.

Yeah compared to my average experience on a night out in town I think they got off pretty lightly though admittedly I spent most of it watching the background in fear that my drunken bonce would lumber into frame. Sadly the only person I recognised was the your name on arse guy who I'm pretty sure has pulled that stunt on female friends on about 5 different occasions. Though knowing Colchester it might actually be five different guys.

Enjoyed the Semi Final last night, my heart wanted Palace to go through but can't begrudge Cardiff a highly deserved victory. Still torn about the match tonight as the desired outcome of neither team winning is sort of unlikely. On balance I think I'll be rooting for City.

Can't see it happening for City. LFC are going to park the bus. Give us space on the wing, gotta be AJ to Dzeko and hopefully some will stick but I won't hold my breath.

J i m s t e r said:

Wish these had existed round my town when I was growing up. Could have prevented a lot of social faux pas.

Forgetting to make Bale captain = FAIL...

Gah! The f*cking toffee c*nts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16825874

Terry racism trial to be delayed until, cough, after the Euros, cough, bullshit whitewash, cough.

FA are such a bunch.

magpaul said:

LOL. A nice companion piece to Neville's David Luiz comment.

• agreed on Terry, WASTEMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

/topicplurality so what did britstrut make of the zomby plagiarism row then?