TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I appreciate the interest Skel. Been feeling a bit too much work-related burn* as of late to inspire the glorified computer programming that is modern music making but maybe some Xmas holidays will sort me out and I'll finish shit off.

BTW It's about time we got some authentic beef in this thread.

*code for playing COD/WWE '12 too much

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    I think Lefty just has some form of troll tourettes. He likes to just pop up every now and then and shout stuff like "piece of shit" or "kill yourself".
    What did these people do before the internet? What did we all do? I can't even remember anymore.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Lefty said:
    SKEL is a piece of Shit.

Dude, it's taken you 4 years to work this out when every other dude knew within a week of me starting posting here.

And LOL at you having spent 1% of your own magnificent posting career here calling me shit. Can't recall a single one of your other 99%. Funny, that.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Okem said:
    What did these people do before the internet? What did we all do? I can't even remember anymore.

Can you believe we had to crack them out to a photo?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Duder w/ jokes!!

Thing about hanging is that it's not really a spur of the moment deal, is it?

You need the rope. That stuff is not just lying around in the hallway.
    Then you need to fashion a noose. An effective one. Probably requires some YouTube investigations, unless you have some knot expertise. There's a deeper sense of pre-meditation about this that doesn't sit comfortably alongside the tweeting Lily on Strictly and shooting the breeze w/ Lawro in the Football Focus offices.

Apologies in advance to random low post-count dudes.

J i m s t e r said:
    Okem said:

Can you believe we had to crack them out to a photo?

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
    Long time the manxome foe he sought--
    So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
    And stood awhile in thought.

And as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
    He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

This is actually about a 12-yr-old boy walking in the woods and stumbling upon a copy of Razzle with a few of the best pages (almost) stuck together.

Razzle/Woods interface - so true. We also used to find European-strength stuff thrown in those wooden-slatted bins down the park (carwash-minge-R). My eldest is 9 soon yet still repping Pokemon. By that age, I think I'd seen... most things, if not entirely understanding the hows and whys.

J i m s t e r said:
    Razzle/Woods interface - so true. We also used to find European-strength stuff thrown in those wooden-slatted bins down the park (carwash-minge-R). My eldest is 9 soon yet still repping Pokemon. By that age, I think I'd seen... most things, if not entirely understanding the hows and whys.

Surely you count yourself lucky he's still playing games though? As soon as I was old enough to be bored of comics etc, I went out and got in trouble. Lots of trouble, and that was before I even started seeing girls, which can be a whole other type of trouble.

Paul said:

It's been taken there. Hopefully you'll discover how soon enough.

Sounds ominous.

Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Surely you count yourself lucky he's still playing games though? As soon as I was old enough to be bored of comics etc, I went out and got in trouble. Lots of trouble, and that was before I even started seeing girls, which can be a whole other type of trouble.

I guess so. Me and the Mrs are pretty strict with the kids, won't let them wander off the street etc.

I got into trouble before I was into comics and games 'cos [queue v.small violin and point-of-tears cocker-nee spawwow-accent]me old mam kicked us out on the street to amuse ourselves so she could look after my disabled bwavvah[/all that]. Nothing serious, just theft, no burglary. Burnt a lot of the stuff that was of no use. The bigger kids made me do it, honest guv. Karma has paid me back, don't you worry. I've been good ever since.

skel said:
    Duder w/ jokes!!

Thing about hanging is that it's not really a spur of the moment deal, is it?

Have there been any conspiracies come out about Speed then? Up-coming qualifier against Russia, traces of polonium found in his car, that sort of thing?

Just the usual:

Closet homo
    Autoerotic asphyxiation
    Wife cheated on him

Paul said:

Wife cheated on him

Well the police have John Terry in for questioning anyway...

Paul said:
    Just the usual:

Closet homo
    Autoerotic asphyxiation
    Wife cheated on him

Alan Hansen beandipped offa his Stark

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Tribute singing Gary Speed for 11 minutes and just as they finish United scores?

Fitting outcome.

This cracked me up. You have to wait for the music before the magic happens:

Public sector strikes:

Who is riding, who must deal? I am in the latter camp. Rode [hard - ayo] out to a country park yesterday lunch, frelt as you like, looking forward to a cheeky mocha in the caff and a slice of cake with the peacocks, before hammering back. Rocked up to the door... DENIED.

"Park closed due to industrial action [drawn smiley] HAVE A NICE DAY!"

I feel sorry for the Japanese tourists who had obviously driven some way for the pleasure.

Everyone expecting their income to keep going up. There is no reason that this should be the case.

• Not sure it's fair to say that all public sector workers expect their pay to keep going up. Surely these strikes are to stop their pay from effectively going down? And even if they did think that, surely it no more fanciful than politicians and economists thinking that the economy should be constantly growing?

The utter hatred that the right-wing has for the public sector is frankly appalling. I've seen articles where workers are put in quotations as "workers", where they're described as lazy, overpaid, stupid, unqualified etc. And all the while the Tory press try to create animosity between public and private, despite numerous and repeated (yet curiously unreported) statements that unions want equality and fairness for all workers, irrespective of sector, age or profession.

The reason the average wage is higher in the public sector is that you don't have CEO's raking in fortunes while paying the majority of workers minimum wage (or lower). It's because the public sector actually contains skilled workers who - whisper it - deserve to get paid a decent wage.

Ultimately, however, I don't think these strikes (much like the useless and forgotten student marches of the past few months) will make the slightest difference. Tory obstinance and greed knows no bounds. We will all end up working for private companies that bar employees from joining unions.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Jeremy Clarkson just bought himself a place on my Can't Die Soon Enough list.

neil_something said:

Ultimately, however, I don't think these strikes (much like the useless and forgotten student marches of the past few months) will make the slightest difference. Tory obstinance and greed knows no bounds. We will all end up working for private companies that bar employees from joining unions.

This really. Think that as a country we've passed a tipping-point regarding public sector. Think that too much has been opened up to commercial interests for things to work as they did anymore.

Clarkson is a cnut who can be funny, but remarks like that just make him sound like the jokes have run dry and he's doing it for attention... he got a book or DVD just come out or something?

Latest Gary Speed rumour:

2 million pounds of gambling debt.

neil_something said:

• ha...! i posted that up on facebook a few days ago.

"Thursday nights on Channel 5, doo-daah, doo-daah..."

:shitty:

City going out I was expecting... Fergie has to get something solid going in the midfield doe.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    OH LQQK! This thread has been bumped..

I wonder why?

Okem said:
    OH LQQK! This thread has been bumped..

I wonder why?

I think it was the Barca kit. Man U have taken too many comprehensive whoopings to those colours, it fusks them up psychologically just seeing those colours running around on the pitch, passing the ball, controlling the ball, trapping the ball, passing the ball, passing the ball, passing the ball, SCORING A GOAL, passing the ball, passing the ball - it???s their Vietnam, replete with ole???s instead of The Doors.

Deep down, they know they will never beat those colours, no matter how many times they play against them. The nightmare continues.

b/w

Was cool when that Basel defender had the best shot on goal of the match for UTD and hit the cross bar from 4 yards out!

b/w

God, Ferg has become such an odious prick.

No, you're not struggling. Failing.

NEWS JUST IN: David Cameron is travelling to Manchester today to get advice on the quickest way out of Europe.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Something's wrong with my satnav, it can't find Manchester in Europe..

and for a certain greedy shit talking someone.

Nana nana nana nana na na na, you're on Channel 5, Channel 5, yooou're on CHANNEL 5..