TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Junior said:
    Dyer dream sequence

Gotcha. I can see it starting with a mountain of coak, chinning Messi and scoring the penno that gives En-ger-land the world cup, and end with him getting bummed by Drogba in the changing rooms (he will then wake up crying and head-butt his bird).

His bird can be that bird out of NDubz or Shezzer Co-wal.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    jlee said:
    And today we played like absolute CRAP and lucked out like none other. As some blog was saying...we have been on the wrong end of "playing so much better but coming up empty" that it was nice to see the other side of the coin.

This does seem to be a novelty for the Arse. Also, Diaby is back. What's his best position? I guess it'll take him a few games to get into his lanky stride, will he be able to stay fit for long enough? The Japanese kid at Bolton - is he the player we loaned them?

http://hasandrevillasboasbeensackedyet.com/

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Junior said:
    Dyer dream sequence

Gotcha. I can see it starting with a mountain of coak, chinning Messi and scoring the penno that gives En-ger-land the world cup, and end with him getting bummed by Drogba in the changing rooms (he will then wake up crying and head-butt his bird).

His bird can be that bird out of NDubz or Shezzer Co-wal.

Take My Money Now.

So, premiership related. VP's performance this season has to rank up there as one of the best examples of carrying a team I've seen since the start of the premiership. That's not meant as a diss on Arsenal as such, more a recognition of quite how brilliantly he's playing at the moment. Surely a shoe-in for player of the season.

Rumours of The Special One returning, all signs point to him having ticked the boxes in Spain and he's never likely to stick around when the media turn. I do wonder if the temptation of taking on Utd in two years would convince him to wait. If not, return of the prodigal son apart, I would think that Spurs would be a more tempting position than the current Chelsea situation.

Also, Pogrebnyak looks like a proper unit. Great signing by Jol.

RVP unstoppable. So much, that I cashed him in for Ag??ero. That's what you get for listening to crowing Scousers. Just hoping to finish this years fatnasty league "Above the drop"...

At least Dempsey was C for me this week.

It's going to be an interesting run-in, there will be tears of one shade or another on the 30th April IIRC (Manc derby). It is going to be between these two, isn't it?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    really disapointed in the villasboas sacking...he was a manager i expected great things of from porto
    bring in hulk for half of the torres debacle and spend the rest wisely chelsea would have been top 3 & competing with spurs

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Me vs Shears in Fantasy League as well.

Man Utd have an absurdly decent run-in. That City away game being miles away the trickiest fixture.

It's always disappointing to see a young manager with potential get given the boot and seems a particularly strange decision when they're still in the CL (I don't know why everyone's writing off their chances of progressing here).

However, putting aside the enjoyment I've been getting about the disarray of the team, he did seem to be increasingly lost. The twattish "I am Chelsea" presences in the changing room won't have helped things but he seemed unable to get the best out of any of the older players and the younger players weren't really stepping up either. Speaking of stepping up, his continuous insistence on playing a high back four was doomed to fail as well.

Also, David Luiz.

Ironic that the match he got sacked after was one they should have actually won about 5-1.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I have to hand it to van Persie - I can't remember the last time I saw a player almost singlehandedly redeem a club's entire season the way he's done Arsenal's, if indeed I've ever seen it. Above and beyond the obvious superlatives his performance warrants, there's some quality in that Arsenal side. Song in particular is very good, and I'm sure Arteta will eventually prove to be an asset. If the side lacks anything, it's a bit more vintage Arsenal imperiousness and steel at the back.

Perhap we'll somehow fumble our way to FA Cup success and finish the campaign with a bit more silverware, but if we do, I hope Kenny takes that as his cue to leave with a little of this season's off-the-park negative balance restored in his favour. I'd love to say it's been great having him back but, in all honesty, I can't.

Also, I hear that Roberto di Matteo has been sacked as interim Chelsea coach after a succession of poor results and performances have failed to meet the club's expectations.

magpaul said:
    Me vs Shears in Fantasy League as well.

Man Utd have an absurdly decent run-in. That City away game being miles away the trickiest fixture.

I think it's the best run in I can remember in many years. Utd do seem to be pulling it together slowly but I still think Citeh have this unless they start self destructing, we're just too fragile at the back and still prone to matches like the last European outing. Still, Utd never do know when they're beaten so it's far from set in stone. Could do with another Mario suspension though.

I hope it doesn't end up all being down to the Manc derby with a Tevez penno in Fergie Time...

Or maybe I do... It would be very bitter or very sweet.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Junior said:
    It's always disappointing to see a young manager with potential get given the boot and seems a particularly strange decision when they're still in the CL (I don't know why everyone's writing off their chances of progressing here).

However, putting aside the enjoyment I've been getting about the disarray of the team, he did seem to be increasingly lost. The twattish "I am Chelsea" presences in the changing room won't have helped things but he seemed unable to get the best out of any of the older players and the younger players weren't really stepping up either. Speaking of stepping up, his continuous insistence on playing a high back four was doomed to fail as well.

Also, David Luiz.

Ironic that the match he got sacked after was one they should have actually won about 5-1.

Fuck Chelsea. They sacked Ancelotti for disgracefully finishing second the season after he won them the double, and after the owner had parachuted several million quids' worth of marquee-name misfit into the squad over his head. It's clear that a handful of senior pros are calling the shots over there, so give one of them the player manager's job - I'm sure there's still time for a freefall into the drop zone and a relegation battle to give their season a bit more jouissance. Cunts.

• DocMcCoy said:
    It's clear that a handful of senior pros are calling the shots over there, so give one of them the player manager's job

^this x 100000

i would LOVE to see either lampard or england's brave john terry as player-manager.

I would have thought the senior pros would have called for Wilkins to be kept?

The problem is their thief owner. He wants the CL before the polonium-squad gets him.

DocMcCoy said:

Also, I hear that Roberto di Matteo has been sacked as interim Chelsea coach after a succession of poor results and performances have failed to meet the club's expectations.

You had me going there for a second

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    RvP has been this good for a long time now, he's just never managed to stay injury free for a season. Song has been great this season, but I already told you lot that he was looking like the best DM in the PL, not that any of you believed me. Arteta has one of the best pass completion rates in the league and averages around 100 passes a game. Koscielny has one of the best tackles attempted/completed ratios in the league.
    Not that I'm saying Arsenal don't have their problems, they clearly do. One major flaw is the system we play just doesn't really work for us. And obviously we're missing the quality of a player like Cesc. But it does get tiresome all this RvP is carrying the team nonsense. Yes he's having a great season, but he's generally not beating 4 men, then the goalkeeper, so it's not as if he's doing it on his own.

• Agree with you about Song. And RVP also clearly agrees...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i was enraged when they fired ancelotti for no reason
    but had hope for the villas boas project
    sacking AVB for fucking lampard's sake is an embarassment
    managers that have nipped player power at the bud such as pep and fergie are still successful
    they should have let him go on for one more season and he could have brought in a new era for Chelsea FC
    now we are left in shambles worst than where we started
    i really feel bad for ramires,mata,sturridge,romeu and mereiles who would have been a great core to a side that will surely continue to stay in shambles (all these players would have been loyal to AVB, but the old cunt guard had its way)

neil_something said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    It's clear that a handful of senior pros are calling the shots over there, so give one of them the player manager's job

^this x 100000

i would LOVE to see either lampard or england's brave john terry as player-manager.

I bet Villas Boas would love it even more than you. Or me.
    It's got to be Mourinho or no one I reckon. The influential players at Chelsea are too old to sell. They'll see out their contracts, and make life hell for anybody they don't like.

I'm not confident enough in Arsenal's form to write Chelsea off yet. They may well sneak back into 4th.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Okem said:
    Song has been great this season, but I already told you lot that he was looking like the best DM in the PL, not that any of you believed me.

Nahhhhh, I love Song but using his great assists to say he's the best DM in the league is a bit of a fallacy. He was a bit ropey against Liverpool and their midfield swamped Arsenal and he neglects the defensive part of the DM role a fair bit too, as an actual midfielder I agree he's had a good season though.

Hoping Chizzle falls off in the Fantasy League, I need to remove Crouchy and Mike from my life.

Duderonomy said:
    Also, Diaby is back. What's his best position? I guess it'll take him a few games to get into his lanky stride, will he be able to stay fit for long enough?

D'oh. I spoke too soon - Abou Diaby is back out for another couple of weeks at least.

Anybody backing Arsenal to score 5 and keep Ibrahimabitch out?

Duderonomy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Also, Diaby is back. What's his best position? I guess it'll take him a few games to get into his lanky stride, will he be able to stay fit for long enough?

D'oh. I spoke too soon - Abou Diaby is back out for another couple of weeks at least.

Anybody backing Arsenal to score 5 and keep Ibrahimabitch out?

Entertainment wise I'm praying for a couple of early goals for Arsenal. However, actual results aside, the reality behind the two recent great results (outplayed the entire match at Anfield, absolutely woeful first half against Spurs), suggest that it may be a mammoth struggle to keep a clean sheet. I'll be rooting for them though and stranger things have happened . Also would be nice if they stopped adding to Ibra's record against England clubs.

Hah, yeah, Arsenal have single-handedly given some credence to the Ibra hype.
    I've got a match tonight, think I'd rather play than watch what could be a disaster;

Mikel Arteta is excluded after suffering concussion, Yossi Benayoun has a virus, Abou Diaby is back out for another couple of weeks at least and there is no Aaron Ramsey or Francis Coquelin to go with the long-term absence of Jack Wilshere. Tomas Rosicky is a doubt but Wenger is hopeful he can make it.

Do I not like that.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I don't ever see us keeping a clean sheet. tbh I'd be quite happy to be out of the CL so we can focus our pretty thin squad on the remaining league games. It's not as if this squad is anywhere near strong enough to truly compete in the CL.

Junior said:
    absolutely woeful first half against Spurs

funny.. I seem to remember us going in 2-2 at halftime, which should've really been 2-1 if it were not for the cheat Bale.

Okem said:
    I don't ever see us keeping a clean sheet. tbh I'd be quite happy to be out of the CL so we can focus our pretty thin squad on the remaining league games. It's not as if this squad is anywhere near strong enough to truly compete in the CL.

Junior said:
    absolutely woeful first half against Spurs

funny.. I seem to remember us going in 2-2 at halftime, which should've really been 2-1 if it were not for the cheat Bale.

[strike]Sigh,[/strike] ok, I was obviously clouded by Theo's individual performance. Woeful first 30 minutes then.

The loss of Diaby again is a blow but don't think any of the others will be that sorely missed. Arteta's a really good player and I expect him to become an integral part of the team but, to my eyes at least, his high pass completion rate this season has been more to do with him passing sideways and backwards most of the time. Not sure why he's stymied his creative play at the moment though sure it will come back.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Do you sigh at me Sir.. Forsooth?

The Arsenal have put in many a 'absolutely woeful' performance this season, I just didn't feel that the first half was that bad. We once again defended poorly, but we still created chances, controlled the game to some extent and were clearly still in it. Now the game away against Milan we were absolutely woeful, we barely looked like a football team. Maybe my standards of absolutely woeful have just been lowered to such an extent.

Ha ha, um, eh, it was more a general sigh brought on by a standard morning of wallowing in self pity than one directed specifically at you. I retract my e-sigh and will remove it from the internet.

I'll concede they were poor rather than absolutely woeful but I'm never one to let factual evidence get in the way of good hyperbole making statements. I actually thought L'Arse played well for much of the first half in the first leg against Milan, it was just what followed after that was shocking.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I only remember Vermaelen and Sagna, usually our two most competent defenders having a complete mare, and our midfield being seemingly non-existent. I didn't make through the second half.

Okem said:
    I only remember Vermaelen and Sagna, usually our two most competent defenders having a complete mare, and our midfield being seemingly non-existent. I didn't make through the second half.

My Man U supporting friend was sitting next to me, spitting feathers at how bad Arsenal were (and for making Ibra look good), and he kept asking me why I wasn't angry. I'd lost the will to be angry. I was resigned to things before the 3rd even went in. Just kept thinking this time last year, everything was Wilshire.

Benitez won't get the Chelsea job, will he?
    Mourinho?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

DOR said:

This is hypnotic. Can't. Stop. Watching.

So close and yet so far for L'Arse last night. There are few things more pleasurable in world football than watching Milan crumble under a bit of pressure. Great to see Ibra returning to the form we know and love as well. Shame that they faded in the second half - really highlighted the lack of anyone to bring on to pick the team up and add more attacking spirit after the first eleven had run themselves ragged.
    Any focus on how crucial the miss by RVP is more than a little unfair since Milan had arguably two/three chances as good that they missed. Crazily open and entertaining game, first half in particular.