TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

WEATHER WARNING: M62 closed in both directions due to gale force laughter from Merseyside.

• Duderonomy said:
    I think it was the Barca kit.

See, I was thinking it must have been the Crystal Palace kit...

neil_something said:
    Duderonomy said:
    I think it was the Barca kit.

See, I was thinking it must have been the Crystal Palace kit...

LOL. Forgot all about that. Recent results make the 8-2 so much more bearable.

b/w

I don't know why, but I keep reading this in a thick Welsh accent. Could be the 'see' part. You're Brizzle though, Neil?

Ajax was robbed!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

Junior & Chizzle have remained admirably silent. 6-1 against Citeh. Knocked out of the Champs League by some garnish. Vidic out for the season. I want to know what they think of their chances against Wolves tomorrow. What went wrong on Wednesday night? Why wouldn't Bruce take Fletcher, Anderson or Carrick while he was in charge of Sunderland?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think this is you people:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror

so ridiculous

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Hey Brian

I see your flag pays homage to the Mother Country.

Honorary Brit revealed.

OK Brian, be upstanding now.
    All together:

RULE BRITANNIA!!
    BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES!!! etc etc

Nice cups of tea all round.

Brian said:
    i think this is you people:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror

so ridiculous

Hahaaa. Yes, we have the princess, just waiting for Cameron to appear with a pig.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oi m8z im down to pay tribute as long as that means i can get some good non-asian tea

black mirror part 2 tonight! girlfriend wants to watch misfits too :|

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    wow, incredible episode
    dude from psychoville (i see you uk!) was so good

Brian said:
    wow, incredible episode
    dude from psychoville (i see you uk!) was so good

Yeah, after the pig screwing episode, this was completely different, and very very good. It's very rare to watch a TV program these days that doesn't treat the listener as an idiot (i.e shows you rather than tells you). Limited dialogue worked well, set was brilliant, ideas spot on, and I wondered if the black dude was Charlie Brooker - does Brooker feel he's sold out? His career is spleen-venting after all. Was he an angry young man just so he could get an article in the Guardian?

Thought provoking series. Brooker's work is maturing - was this co-written, or did I imagine that?

• Duderonomy said:
    Thought provoking series. Brooker's work is maturing - was this co-written, or did I imagine that?

By his wife, I believe.

Missed it last night so will catch up on 4OD later today.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yep, co-written by the Huq. And the third one is penned by Jesse Armstrong iirc.

Who is Jesse Armstrong?

Was funny watching Bing pay to skip adverts or turn the volume down, and it's a bit like that with digital tv - they synchronise the adverts on all of the programs so you can't switch over to watch something else. Very annoying. And adds popping up all over youtube now is also very annoying.

Looking forward to the next one.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    He co-wrote Peep Show and some of The thick of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Armstrong

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Brian said:
    girlfriend wants to watch misfits too :|
    Misfits is excellent. One of the few dramas on Brit. tv I actually make sure to watch.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Who is Jesse Armstrong?

Was funny watching Bing pay to skip adverts or turn the volume down, and it's a bit like that with digital tv - they synchronise the adverts on all of the programs so you can't switch over to watch something else. Very annoying. And adds popping up all over youtube now is also very annoying.

Makes you realise after a while how little content there is in a 30 minute show. Credits F&R = 2 mins off. Perhaps 3 lots of ads, 6 mins. So 22 mins to find. "Coming up:" one minute. "Next week:" one minute. "Before the break we showed you:" 3 x 30 seconds... Establishing shots 1 min?

[Money for nothing clip here or similar]

J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Who is Jesse Armstrong?

Makes you realise after a while how little content there is in a 30 minute show.

And that's before you do the breakdown! But yeah, good point. Not much real content after all the routine hello idiots, in case you've forgotten.

Fusking shared house I'm living in at the moment is difficult. Gone from my own flat to living with 3 guys. Spent Sunday cleaning up the front room and kitchen after two of the guys had some friends round for a crack binge. The other guy works nights and is always moaning about sound during the day. Sunday eve one housemate comes back coked up, and pours some of that lush cucumber and chives sauce you get with an Indian takeaway for poppadoms on the floor I'd just cleaned up because it's funny or whatever the fuck goes through a coke-head's excuse for a brain. I picked up a bottle of wine and was very, very close to cracking it over his skull, but instead smashed it against the wall.

Then went upstairs and watched Black Mirror, which cheered me up a bit.

Duderonomy said:
    Gone from my own flat to living with 3 guys.

WHICH ONE ARE YOU?

Neil or Hvick, my money is on.

Dude(r), I too have ridden out circumstances on the back of shared accommodation and for a grown man, such a dwelling arrangement initiates the countdown on some internal f*cking time-bomb. Tricks are for kids.

Speaking from experience, I would find a bird with her own yard pronto and give her more patter than a month of rainy Sundays.

Esp. if she has big tits.

J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Gone from my own flat to living with 3 guys.

WHICH ONE ARE YOU?

LOL, yeah, with less jokes though. The landlord is Vivian (guy who poured sauce on the floor). The ex-junkie occasional-crack-user likes to gamble, has a car, thinks he's a smoothy has to be the yuppie one bottom centre (looks a bit like him too). Night-shift guy is def Neil, only black and from the Caribbean, but just as fucking mongy (when I use this word it has nothing to do with Gervais. Mongy as in monged, as in stoned). Which leaves me as Rik, just as pompous, only with a job as I'm a fahkin' sell-out (I see you Staxwax). We have a guy who looks like Cheech who often stops by to crash on the sofa, and another guy who always lets himself into the house at 2am some-fucking-how through the back door or window. I replaced the homosexual ketamine addict who was just too fucking weird, and the Caribbean Neil was really against having a gay person live under the same roof as it was "against his culture", but fucking crack binges and coke sessions, filth, and no carpets (raw floor boards) are OK!?!?!? Mixed-up priorities imo.

Anyway, it's damn cheap, and there are some laughs.

And if you're wondering how I ended up there....

I went to school with these fuckers and are what I call friends :shut:

edit: I'm being harsh on them because when they piss me off they really piss me off, but they are good friends.

J i m s t e r said:
    Neil or Hvick, my money is on.

Dude(r), I too have ridden out circumstances on the back of shared accommodation and for a grown man, such a dwelling arrangement initiates the countdown on some internal f*cking time-bomb. Tricks are for kids.

Speaking from experience, I would find a bird with her own yard pronto and give her more patter than a month of rainy Sundays.

Esp. if she has big tits.

Sage advice! On the look-out, for sure. Oxford is full of posh birds, surely one of them is daft enough...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Even worse than a failed Euro campaign is the loss of Darren Fletcher.

I've been assured that Z-Ro AKA Row Z / Darron Gibson can take up the mantlepiece.

Paul said:
    Even worse than a failed Euro campaign is the loss of Darren Fletcher.

I've been assured that Z-Ro AKA Row Z / Darron Gibson can take up the mantlepiece.

He hasn't really been up to speed for a couple of seasons though. Lucas out for Liverpool is a bigger loss imo.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I actually missed Utd getting knocked out of Europe as it was the day after my birthday and I spent most of it sleeping off the all day all night drinking from then. I think I might actually have been watching a repeat of Crystal Maze (The O'Brian years of course) on Challenge TV when the fateful event happened. :hard_as_fuck:

Thankfully all my friends were eager to let me know about this as soon as possible so I wasn't in the dark for long. Really not that fussed to be honest, having watched most of Utd's performances in Europe this season I'm almost a bit relieved that the gruelling performances are over before we met an actual decent side who would have destroyed us (especially if the defending against Wolves on saturday was anything to go by).

The more I see of this season the more I'm convinced that The PL's power is on a very downward slide.

Real shame about Fletcher, love him,or, more likely, hate him, it's not something that should be wished on any professional sportsman. Personally not sure if he'll ever truly be back from it.

Junior said:

The more I see of this season the more I'm convinced that The PL's power is on a very downward slide.

Real shame about Fletcher, love him,or, more likely, hate him, it's not something that should be wished on any professional sportsman. Personally not sure if he'll ever truly be back from it.

Agreed about the Prem. Would the financial fair play rules make it any better? I think probably worse, because if the cash wasn't in England, and Spanish or Italian teams could offer identical money, I know where I'd play.

Fletcher was good at what he did, but this illness does make his football playing seem a bit past tense. A bit sorry for him as a person, yes.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Junior said:

Agreed about the Prem. Would the financial fair play rules make it any better? I think probably worse, because if the cash wasn't in England, and Spanish or Italian teams could offer identical money, I know where I'd play.

Fletcher was good at what he did, but this illness does make his football playing seem a bit past tense. A bit sorry for him as a person, yes.

Yeah the strange thing is that money still seems to be there but either bad luck or bad decisions have meant that, a few real stars apart, it seems to have mainly been wasted on talents who can't or don't want to cut it in this league. The fact that Utd are so close to the top of the league despite having a ramshackle team says more about the overall quality than their fighting spirit. Not to mention that Liverpool are still being mentioned despite Suarez having to play out of his skin every game to hide the massive shortcomings elsewhere in the team.

The illness would certainly explain his real loss of form in recent years. If we wish really hard and clap our hands together though maybe he can get a job sitting next to Neville?

Chill Winstons! Talk of the demise of the Prem is on that Mark Twain ish.

Barca are the best team in Europe because of that midfield core that runs like buttah, but they are beatable. They don't have any Plan B. Chelsea held them to 0-0 in Barca and were robbed on the home leg. Mourinho did them with some supervillain anti-football tactics. They are good enough to beat most teams but wait until Xavi retires, then it will be like separating some magic stones.

For now, enjoy the magic - Step to the rear and cheer. But a few swallows does not make a bleak midwinter for the prem. [apologies for the Moulinexed-metaphors].

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm afraid Barca are set to dominate football for a generation. Messi is only 24, as are Cesc, Pique & Pedro. Busquets, Sanchez, are a little younger. Then you have the next generation of players breaking into the first team, like Alcantara and Afellay who are already being hailed as world class. Not to mention to youth squads who all have players of similar quality coming through.

I'm sure Real will continue to spend big and put in a challenge, but Barca are going to hard to top for a long time. I would've like to have seen Citeh go through in the CL just to see how they faired against a real quality opposition, but they couldn't even qualify, so the jury is well and truly out on them for now. Personally I think that although they play good football, they are nowhere near good enough to challenge Barca without going the Mourinho super defensive route. As for any other team in the PL right now, no chance.