Aaron "breakself" Anderson

Comments

• rest in peace aaron.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    analog_tape said:
    I keep playing his Records Are People Too mix over and over, anyone know what the first track is one that mix?.

Theron and Darrell - I Was Made To Love Her (Solo)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I met him briefly at the Santa Cruz record show and he came off as a real humble dude. His contributions to Soul Strut and Waxidermy will definitely be missed.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Rest in Peace, Aaron.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    RIP Aaron, you were always so forthcoming with info on 45s & I really dug the emails/pm conversations we had. You will be missed.

• I met him once at OM's house. Jeigh was there too. Good times. I'm sorry to hear about this. RIP. He really made an impact on a lot of people.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Very sad to read about all this. Rest in peace man.

- diego

• damn

very sad

briefly met the dude at a Sharon Jones show in London a few years ago

nicest dude ever

rest in power

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    thewaxbandit said:
    damn

very sad

RIP

• luck said:
    analog_tape said:
    I keep playing his Records Are People Too mix over and over, anyone know what the first track is one that mix?.

Theron and Darrell - I Was Made To Love Her (Solo)

Damm homie had raers for sure

• I have visited this forum for a long time now, just reading and listening to music, but I never thought to joined, I don't know why, I have now though. When I saw this thread I was over come with sadness finding out that he was only a year older than I am and seemingly had such a positive and powerful impact on a lot people, that inspires me in away. Although, I didn't know Aaron, he along with the forum opened my eyes to a new genre of old music and I am thankful for that. I've always felt that the spirits of our loved ones live on with us, we just have to listen in sometimes.
    I have his family and friends in my deepest prayers.

When you are sorrowful, look into your heart and you shall see that you are weeping for that which has been your delight ~ Kahlil Gibran

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    my condolences to all of you who lost a good friend, though i didnt knew aaron personally i must say Thank You for the great music and Rest in Peace to a good Soul.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Only knew him through his posts. Dude was always on point. RIP.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    RIP.

• My condolences. Rest in peace.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I might not keep up with this place as I once did, with much less time on my hands. Nevertheless, building with all you folks in the early days of strut was time well wasted. I haven't met most of you, including Aaron, but each and everyone of you have helped define a period of my life I look back at fondly. As much as the internet can be soul sucking at times, there are connections made that feel familiar, like a quasi family. Not to sound like an advocate of online dating, but I've truly met some quality folks online, here especially (you know who y'all are!). For those that've connected with Aaron on a real world level via Soulstrut, I truly am sorry for your loss. He was def one of the most humble dudes on here, don't ever recall him beefing with anyone. Always willing to throw in a a few self-deprecating jokes to lighten the frequent beefin. Considering his background, he never tripped once when people were bugging out, the schtick would get tiring I'm sure. He handled it with class, without much fanfare.

I only wish I could muster up courage to deal with adversity as he had. Staring at the face of death but still living life to its fullest, it takes a special individual to pull that off. The best compliment I can give him is the amount of lives he has touched, even via a faceless medium like a message board.

You will be missed...

• I'm really sad to read this news. RIP Breakself.

• Only ever shared a few emails with Aaron, but it is clear from everyone's responses that he lived his life to the fullest. Amazing how many people he left with such fond memories and impressions. RIP

• i got a chance to catch up with an old friend this weekend and i mentioned losing a couple record community friends this last week (a friend in philly also passed after a long medical battle). As i mentioned a couple things about Aaron, he interrupted and asked his last name...and quickly jumped on his phone to check an email. His coworker had just sent out a message that morning about Aaron's death to his entire office since Aaron had worked and known many people in their field of connecting youth to international travel experiences. It really hit home how wide our homie's reach was and how many people Aaron impacted. A lot of our subsequent conversations revolved around being grounded, thankful and positive through adversity. Aaron definitely walked the walk.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Any updates on when the memorial party is?

• Though I'm not involved with throwing it, pretty certain its Nov 5th in Grand Rapids. Details soon.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Sad news - RIP

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I never met the brother. I wish I had. May he be at peace. And love to everyone whom he impacted, friends, family, world.

Is this the first Strutter we've lost? Not to be macabre but I'm just saying. It just speaks volumes about the man as a man. And it speaks volumes about us as a community. Very real.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

• Cosmo said:
    Is this the first Strutter we've lost?

Monte Stark passed, too.

• meatyogre said:
    Though I'm not involved with throwing it, pretty certain its Nov 5th in Grand Rapids. Details soon.

I'm helping plan the party w/ Aaron's family and a couple other friends and will post the details once they're sorted. Nov 5th will be the life celebration (party) and there are also tentative plans to attend the Ann Arbor Soul Club on Friday Nov 4th for those that are interested. By the looks of things, there are gonna be quite a few people attending and it should be an amazing night(s).

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    A close friend is getting married in NYC that weekend or else I would be there. I'll raise a glass at the wedding in his honor!

• Cosmo said:
    I never met the brother. I wish I had. May he be at peace. And love to everyone whom he impacted, friends, family, world.

Dude was a FB friend; we exchanged some PMs; never met him in person, but I'm seriously bummed to hear this.

• Greetings everyone and thank you for all the stories and love you shared about AA. Here is an update with confirmed details on the party celebrating his life:

Saturday, November 5th
    @ Knights of Columbus Hall
    1140 Muskegon NW
    Grand Rapids, MI 49504

8:00 Doors Open - mingling
    9:00 Storytelling ("Stories Not Suitable for Church")
    10:00pm - 2:00am Music & beer

If you're interested in attending and have not already replied to the Facebook invite, please click the link below or add me "Andrew Christopoulos" and I will send you an invite. We want to get an idea of how many people will actually be showing up so we can plan things accordingly. FB link: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=263970356970847

(EDIT: you have to "friend" me on FB to get an invite to view this event)

Come celebrate this man's entire (life) catalog!

(Also, on Friday Nov 4th, some of us have plans on going to the AASC. So far this is just going to be an informal trip with car-pooling where possible. However, I just inquired about chartering a bus in the event we have a lot of people interested, so please let me know - via PM or Facebook - if you'd like to join on Friday so I can see if it's worth it)

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Dreas -- I think your FB event link is broken.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I'd fix it but I can't find the event page.