Aaron "breakself" Anderson

Comments

• A true loss. One of the better folks out there.

You will be missed Junior, be at peace.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Devastating loss for all those who loved the guy. 30 years is not nearly enough Aaron for this world.

RIP my friend.

• Deep, deep gratitude for Aaron's presence in the world - a Gun Ru legend. Thanks to Dreas and Jonny as well for opening up this space - hope to make it to the memorial bash.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

2004... we all converged in Detroit from NYC, Chicago, Grand Rapids, etc. We all came together back then united by Soul Strut and our love for digging. We then road tripped up to Kevin's lake house in Canada. I don't get to do things like this any more. They are good times that I deeply miss... Memories I will cherish forever.

• rest in peace and condolences to the people here who knew aaron well.

• tripledouble said:
    i'm glad his fight is over, but i'm crying over here

Too sad to even bring to words, but I will cosine that I have never known a more genuine and selfless human being. It is beyond tragic that such a great life was cut so short. RIP my dear friend.

• RIP to a good dude.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    R.I.P.

Really great dude. Sad loss and I wish him peace.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Wow...

• tragic news indeed. i've only met the man briefly at kusf, but it was enough to see why everyone regards him as THAT dude.

may the brother rest in peace.

• Both sad & tragic. Anytime I hear news of young people getting cancer, it hits home. But the fact that we had mutual friends, he loved music, and also knowing that he stayed BEYOND POSITIVE AND BEYOND HAPPY ,while being aware of what was happening, really just makes this painful and totally unfair. No one deserves to go like that, and especially not like a guy him.

I would talk to friends about him, asking how he was and whatnot, and they all said the same thing "Dude is so nice/upbeat/never complains" and I would always get a tug of guilt knowing I would be upset at the most trivial things. I will always admire him for that, he had strength and joy in times where it's okay and normal to be weak and sad.

Strength to all his friends and family.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Condolences to his family and friends. Very sad.

• bassie said:
    It is hard to process the feeling of losing someone you've never met, but the loss goes much much farther than me.

I haven't been on Soulstrut in a while but I just heard the news and I had to come on here and express my deepest condolences to the Soulstrut community and all of his many friends and the people who loved him. I never met Aaron in person but we exchanged a few records and PMs about Buddhist art and he pointed me (like many others) in the direction of some life-changing records. He was just a genuinely nice person.

I don't have much more to add than any of the previous posts but I know his loss is deeply felt here and around the world.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    This is sad. Without knowing him, you could tell he was genuinely a funloving lighthearted dude with a great sense of humor and deep raer knowledge. RIP and my thoughts go out to his friends and fam.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    edith head said:
    rest in peace and condolences to the people here who knew aaron well.

Really sad about this, have given his mixes a ton of burn over the years. And after reading this thread, sad to not have ever met the dude.

RIP

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Does anyone know if Aaron and his girl ever made it to Japan?

I remember convos on this and never heard back from him. Hope this trip happened. I remember him being a bit nervous and super excited.

• I never met him personally, but his generosity and love for music always came through in his posts.

Example: http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/63346/

RIP

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

The mix Aaron did for Jazzman in 2010. http://www.divshare.com/download/13532926-2ee

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

As described by Aaron, "ice grill wu tang girl replete with 50-cent pimp cup and Ben Platano lp."

• I never had the good fortune of meeting Aaron, but always appreciated his contributions. I admired that he shared knowledge out of a sincere love of music and generosity of spirit rather than the typical collectro posturing. My condolences to his family.

• Options
    Sad news, my thoughts are with his friends and family. RIP.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Incredibly saddened by this. In my limited interactions with him, dude was nothing but class.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of meeting Aaron, but his Soul Strut handle and avatar remain familiar from the early days. One of my best friend's sisters died from brain cancer last year, also aged 30. It's gut-wrenching. My condolences to his friends and family. RIP.

• Rest in Peace

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Sad news indeed. Sympathies and condolences to all who knew and loved the man. RIP.

• I didn't know Aaron. I am a fan of his sisters. I wanted to just say, R.I.P. Aaron!!!

• I feel lucky to have met him. This news makes me very sad. He was a true gentleman with incredible taste. Peace and blessings to his loved ones.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'll need to read this thread when I'm home from work, but until then I'll cross post the pics I put up at waxidermy.

dollar_bin wrote: Goodbye, Aaron. I'll say more later, but I don't want to start crying at work. Until then, here's some pics of him behind the ones and twos, dropping raer for the folks.

Breakself 1 by Dollar Bin, on Flickr

Breakself 2 by Dollar Bin, on Flickr

Breakself 3 by Dollar Bin, on Flickr

• that night, Aaron kicked my ass in beer pong, and I passed out in my car.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP