Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

fucking ill...

• dayday 9,611 Posts

A-Ko???

These are all dope!

Mike Giant has some serious skills.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I don't have enough wall space to put up much art in my studio apt., but here are some things that I would like to hang once I have the space:

This is a painting I commissioned from an amateur artist.

It's taken from a photograph of Felix Feneon:

An original Mike 2600 stencil painting.

A creepy photo my sister took of my nephew wearing a Ronald Reagan mask.

An inexcusibly blurry image of something I won by popping baloons with darts at the state fair 15 years ago.

A beautiful painting by my lovely mother.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

A beautiful painting by my lovely mother.

It looks like you are about to throw that on the griddle and cook it!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

COMEDY! I thought that painting was Scott Ian when I first saw it! LOL!

• hey! that's my painting! twoply bought that off my ebay auction before we'd even met. SMOOTH MOVE!

lovin the pig poster, the giant / dalek poster, and that magic jackson collage.

i have way too much stuff hanging up to show it all, so here are the highlights...

"Carnivore" by George Thompson.

Converge / Cave-In poster by Aaron Horkey.

Awesome Peggy Lee / Jack Jones album cover (illustration by Joe Garnett).

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Converge / Cave-In poster by Aaron Horkey.

This cats art is always dope

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    All from a good friend of mine:

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

A creepy photo my sister took of my nephew wearing a Ronald Reagan mask.

fucking unbelievable

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

fucking ill...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

fucking ill...
    thanks you guys... and thanks to the 5 or so xanax it took to make that. i should blow that one up... little dood with the record player is tite.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

^on my wall right now...

^i need to blow this up(might want to sell a few similar joints), but the resolution is sheitty(source materials that i use to do these things are off the web, 72dpi). any graphic designers on this site? what is the "best" way to dither the sheit or whatever so that i can blow it up to about say 12x18" (and print with like 150 dpi)?

i know there's programs for that, but what's the best way with photoshop? i dont mind making some additional layers and doing something like a cutout filter (since it is cartoony anyway), and messing with the layer channels... or i could make it vector like i guess... any idea what would be the most efficient way of going about this? thanksNadvance.

i drank a 40oz in michael landon memorial park (at the bottom of pepperdine's campus)once.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

a godard car crash inspired diorama i made a month ago

fucking dope. cindy sherman on mini-thins and mescaline.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

a godard car crash inspired diorama i made a month ago

Damn thats cool!

Are they 'real' toy baby parts at the bottom, or photographs?

Just out of interest what inspired you, to get inspired, by car crashes? Or was it a Goddard thing.

I once did an exhibition of photographs around crash sites. The weekend before it was opened to the public, I totalled my car, and turned up to the opening night, in a neck brace. Still creeps me out a bit today.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Two things I happen to have scanned --

Thrift store photo

Trash can painting, artist unknown

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THAT DUDE'S NAME IS CHESTER I BET
    FORTRAN FOR LIFE

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

Thrift store photo

yes! album cover material.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    MATH ROCK
    KEEP THEM 'PUTERS PUTIN'

AUNTIE HOUSE?

• this is one my girlfriend did for my birthday a couple years back, it's over my tables right now

this is amazing.

magic jackson [/b]

that painting is incredible.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    yes! album cover material.

This was the cover of the first CD mix I made with my G5; it completely captured how I felt about my computer.

• gibla74gibla74 182 Posts

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I??m just gonna say: everybody on here has some fly shit on their walls.

- J

• ^i need to blow this up(might want to sell a few similar joints), but the resolution is sheitty(source materials that i use to do these things are off the web, 72dpi). any graphic designers on this site? what is the "best" way to dither the sheit or whatever so that i can blow it up to about say 12x18" (and print with like 150 dpi)?

i know there's programs for that, but what's the best way with photoshop? i dont mind making some additional layers and doing something like a cutout filter (since it is cartoony anyway), and messing with the layer channels... or i could make it vector like i guess... any idea what would be the most efficient way of going about this? thanksNadvance.

The one with the bald headed guy can be done by simply enlarging it (image size > change to 150 or 300 dpi > enlarge further to - say - 400%). Then you can use gaussian blur to smooth it out (filters > gaussian blur) and get rid off the worst jpeg shit. Then you can rasterize the thing (filter > pixilate > color halftone > probably with 4, 8 or 12 radius). The raster can be really fine or bold like a pop-art painting.

The other one is more difficult. If you do the same as described above, you'll lose information since it's a line-drawing. You may end up with something that's cool too, but the raster thing comes more natural with photo material. If I had to enhance something like that I would either trace it with Flash (first enlarge it anyway). It might be too blurred for a good result though. Maybe re-create it?

Here's a page I did that's on my wall.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

painting by a friend in high school while on 12 coricidin,

(actual size about 3'h x 2'w)

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    this is just a random collection of what i coudl find on my HD. Most of my stuff is in storage after i dropped out of vis arts.