Rep Your Art (nrr)

13»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this one is 5'x5', also by john seal (brooklyn). if any of you are familiar with the band IQU, this is a painting of the singer/keyboard player, michiko's mom. wurd.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

^i need to blow this up(might want to sell a few similar joints), but the resolution is sheitty(source materials that i use to do these things are off the web, 72dpi). any graphic designers on this site? what is the "best" way to dither the sheit or whatever so that i can blow it up to about say 12x18" (and print with like 150 dpi)?

i know there's programs for that, but what's the best way with photoshop? i dont mind making some additional layers and doing something like a cutout filter (since it is cartoony anyway), and messing with the layer channels... or i could make it vector like i guess... any idea what would be the most efficient way of going about this? thanksNadvance.

The one with the bald headed guy can be done by simply enlarging it (image size > change to 150 or 300 dpi > enlarge further to - say - 400%). Then you can use gaussian blur to smooth it out (filters > gaussian blur) and get rid off the worst jpeg shit. Then you can rasterize the thing (filter > pixilate > color halftone > probably with 4, 8 or 12 radius). The raster can be really fine or bold like a pop-art painting.

The other one is more difficult. If you do the same as described above, you'll lose information since it's a line-drawing. You may end up with something that's cool too, but the raster thing comes more natural with photo material. If I had to enhance something like that I would either trace it with Flash (first enlarge it anyway). It might be too blurred for a good result though. Maybe re-create it?

Here's a page I did that's on my wall.

thanks for the info man, actually its the bald headed one i wanted to enlarge, the other one i did in illustrator (so i can enlarge it to any size).

Feeling your draw style, rock on.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

(actual size about 3'h x 2'w)

I think I NEED this.

• (actual size about 3'h x 2'w)

I think I NEED this.

what/who is this from?

i like a lot of yalls walls(no paul). Lots of dope shit..im moving in a new house in a few weeks and need a few things to frame and throw up...wheres some sites for dope prints and shit? and Mike..im still getting that one we talked about.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Damn! My favorite so far, alot of rad stuff in this thread for sure.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

(actual size about 3'h x 2'w)

I think I NEED this.

what/who is this from?
    GLOOM made that... fucking sick.