Breaking Bad

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    what if....
    Gus gets popped or busted, after offing a few cartel centerpieces, and, in an unexpected turn, Mike Jesse and Walter have to pull together to survive. Against all odds, Walter then becomes Gus' successor, with mike and Jesse now controlling distribution. A new situation crime family with Walter at the head and mike and Jesse as his right and left arm. Family life was never this crazy with the carwash and the brother in law still being major issues. Then surprise surprise, it isn't a bullet that ends up killing Walter the crime lord in the end, but the cancer he kept quiet about this time. Now Jesse takes over with mike, and continues taking care of walters family. Last shot of the series - Jesse buys walters son that sportscar he wanted so badly, and leaves it in the driveway. The end.

• keithvanhorn said:
    jjfad027 said:
    I think they need his distribution network also. Mike said something about that I think.

It's weird but Mike seems like he's becoming a more likable character. To me at least.

Gus can't make it past this season. He's either getting killed or busted by Hank.

killed yes

I dont really see gus as being the type to get busted and doing jail and all that

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    gus will either get killed or get busted and then get killed

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Anybody know how many episodes are left this season?

• bluesnag said:
    Anybody know how many episodes are left this season?

Looks like 4 more, according to IMDB.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Grandfather said:

also this

^ Did you make this? Mad props, it made my week.

When I think the show can't get better, it just DOES.

Love the supplier relationships/strategic sourcing/distribution angles (supply chain management, whoop whoop!)

• Oh, I didn't make that image man.

Foreal though, Wow. Amazing episode.

"Thats good Jesse"

I almost lost it there.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    Oh, I didn't make that image man.

Foreal though, Wow. Amazing episode.

"Thats good Jesse"

I almost lost it there.

I KNOW! Awesome episode. Final scene blew me away. I can't wait to see how they're going to top that in the next 3 episodes. Skyler is getting really stupid. Walt Jr is breaking my heart. Walt's importance is still waning. I'm betting that will change before the end of this season.

• Incredible episode! From the heartbreaking scenes between Walts Sr. and Jr. to Jesse manning up in Mexico and the silent poolside massacre, it was great start to finish.

Gus had three pills in his little box; he took one, and I assumed that the other two were for Mike and Jesse, but maybe they didn't need them because they didn't end up drinking the tainted tequila.

Was it an antidote of some sort? If so, maybe he should've taken all three.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    little box? i didnt really catch that

• Incredible episode.

The building tension had my heart beating out of my chest.

• Oh and Walt's monologue about his father strongly makes me think that his cancer is back.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Holy shit.

• CherChezLaPLAN said:
    Oh and Walt's monologue about his father strongly makes me think that his cancer is back.

I think he suspects, and rightfully so, that he's at greater risk of getting snuffed now that he knows Gus wants Jesse to cook. Walt is singularly isolated now that he's burned his bridges with Jesse. And with Jesse's successful cook, he's also become irrelevant to Gus.

Amazing episode; anybody know if Zafiro Anejo is a real Tequila?

• I think the pills were just to help him vomit.

• hogginthefogg said:
    Incredible episode! From the heartbreaking scenes between Walts Sr. and Jr. to Jesse manning up in Mexico and the silent poolside massacre, it was great start to finish.

Gus had three pills in his little box; he took one, and I assumed that the other two were for Mike and Jesse, but maybe they didn't need them because they didn't end up drinking the tainted tequila.

Was it an antidote of some sort? If so, maybe he should've taken all three.

i thought it was a horrible episode, up until the last scene, when it became entertaining but unbelievable. How did he know ALL of them would drink the Tequila, let alone any of them?

Skylar has always been a drain on the show, but this distraction with her former employer's IRS debts is boring and an annoying sub-plot that nobody cares about.

The scene with Walt and Walt Jr. was well-acted but it didn't move the story along. We already knew Walt thought he was a bastard for what he did and a disappointment to his family.

The best part of the episode was when Walt Jr. walked outside and saw his cheesy new car....with a ribbon on it no less.

• LOL, how did i know KVH would hate this episode...

• Gus was ready to die and kill Mike and/or Jesse for his revenge.
    Beneke being given that money means, at least to me, that he will be killed.
    Walt has ALL the motive in the world to kill him too. if the IRS is on Teds case and Skylar's name is all over his books that means she could likely get investigated and that means Walt is investigated. She is unknowingly making herself and Ted a target for Gus.

The scene with Walt and Jr shows a lot of what drives Walt IMO. Plus hes realizing that he is a dead man. Either cancer or gus will get him.

keithvanhorn said:

i thought it was a horrible episode, up until the last scene, when it became entertaining but unbelievable. How did he know ALL of them would drink the Tequila, let alone any of them?

Because Gus has shown himself throughout as being meticulous in everything he does, as well as having a startling ability for staying a step ahead of his adversaries.

Skylar has always been a drain on the show, but this distraction with her former employer's IRS debts is boring and an annoying sub-plot that nobody cares about.

Skylar's been great this season. She seemed to genuinely believe she could redeem Walt until she saw how much money was involved. And now she's realised the wider implications of her involvement in Ted's tax fraud, it's dawned on her exactly what's at risk.

• Great episode. I kind of agree on the "how'd he know everyone would drink it" complaint.

Other quibble: walt jr... Its the morning of your 16th birthday, no need to actually take the driving exam, just go ahead and start driving. Or can you get your license at 15 in NM?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    think of what we forgave the wire on its 5th season
    so breaking bad is still killing it
    the gus flashbacks don't go back that far in terms of episodes until he was introduced
    walt's trip to memory lane was acted out instead of replayed (as usual recently) and it took us back to his season 1 motives
    the show is incredible in the way it ties everyone's actions together from the beginning

• When we first see Don Eladio in the first flashback, he gets pissed off that the staff didn't immediately serve his guests drinks, even when he was about to kill one of them. Don E is srs about his boozing.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    LOL, how did i know KVH would hate every episode...

• DocMcCoy said:
    keithvanhorn said:

Because Gus has shown himself throughout as being meticulous in everything he does, as well as having a startling ability for staying a step ahead of his adversaries.

Skylar's been great this season. She seemed to genuinely believe she could redeem Walt until she saw how much money was involved. And now she's realised the wider implications of her involvement in Ted's tax fraud, it's dawned on her exactly what's at risk.

Gus is meticulous but that doesn't make him clairvoyant.

You don't have to explain to me why Skylar is worried about Ted's tax fraud. That has nothing to do with my point; which is that it's a boring sub-plot. Nobody is tuning into Breaking Bad to find out how the whole Ted situation works out, or at least I hope not.

• SoulOnIce said:
    Grandfather said:
    LOL, how did i know KVH would hate every episode...

Why is that? i started this thread because it's my favorite tv drama. Someone put me on to Suits (USA network), which is surprisingly good.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I agree, Suits was surprisingly good, I got really hooked on it and tried to make everyone else watch it, without much success. I was pretty annoyed when they said it would be a year before it comes back on. I hope I still care by then.

I know you don't "hate" every episode of BB but you are the MOST nitpicking motherfucker of a TV watcher, ever. you remind me of friends who can't just relax and watch a movie or TV show, everything has to be be just right and fit just perfectly or they/you will bitch. Breaking Bad is so much better than most TV it just seems silly to pick away at whatever flaws you can turn up in every episode.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I have issues with the depiction of a Gas Chromatograph. A big digital display on the front giving % purity is not how they typically operate. They're usually better about chemistry details.

That said, super bad assed episode. My favorite part is when Walt calls Walter Jr. "Jesse".

keithvanhorn said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    keithvanhorn said:

Gus is meticulous but that doesn't make him clairvoyant.

You don't have to explain to me why Skylar is worried about Ted's tax fraud. That has nothing to do with my point; which is that it's a boring sub-plot. Nobody is tuning into Breaking Bad to find out how the whole Ted situation works out, or at least I hope not.

Maybe I should have put it another way; Gus has hitherto shown a remarkable ability to predict what his adversaries are likely to do, and apart from the odd isolated instance, such as Walt interfering with his plan to whack Jesse at the end of season 3, he's usually right. In other words, he knows his enemy. The only thing about the tequila incident that could have seemed out of character for Gus was its audaciousness. But even that was justifiable in the context of how the story is developing; Gus' business is under threat, so he has to take a significant risk to try and protect it. The "Terminator shit" scene in the preceding episode showed that he has the balls to go all-in if necessary.

I agree that nobody's tuning in to see how the whole Ted situation works out, but if you can't see why this sudden development may be hugely significant to the outcome of the whole thing (the possibility of Skylar, and by extension Walt, becoming involved in an IRS investigation, along with the implications that has for the both of them) I can only assume - and there's no way of saying this without seeming patronising - you're not too familiar with the way in which TV drama sometimes works. I mean, it's pretty obvious, really. It wasn't the piles of dead bodies that led to Al Capone being convicted, after all.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Great episode, eventhough the tequila incident was a bit of a stretch. Loved how Jesse went gangster on everybody and the videogame shooter moment was classic. FPS saved my life style! Also, this has occurred to me before - Walt Jr is arguably the best actor in the cast. Dude is incredible.

• pcmr said:
    think of what we forgave the wire on its 5th season
    so breaking bad is still killing it

i agree. i think it can be easily accepted that Gus put all his cards on the table hoping everyone would have a drink. like Mike said, they were either all leaving or none of them, so i think Gus weighed the implications going in.

jesse was amazing in this episode. i think alot of his scenes could have went really cheeseball, really fast, but he held it all together and made it feel realistic.

loved the fact that we don't even see walter until halfway into the episode.

i am done with skylar. more walt jr.

this may be the best BB episode yet... imo