Breaking Bad

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    And Heisenberg is a fantasy alter-ego that Walt hasn't been able to live up to yet outside of his mind.

Jesse, on the other hand, is approaching unimagined fearlessness...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    brilliant theory from the other board
    patrickamory wrote: Here's my prediction (SPOILER ALERT):

- Hank figures out the Pollo Loco connection to the blue meth - he's already on it
    - Gus assigns Jesse to hit Hank - Jesse's proven he can kill, Gus needs to divide Jesse from Walt
    - If Jesse hits Hank, the DEA will take the hit as related to the beef between Jesse & Hank, and not connect it to Gus
    - Jesse will be caught in loyalty trap

HOW WILL IT PLAY OUT?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    walt's going to get Hank to kill Gus. Hank will get the glory. Jesse is going to leave town. Walt will be in the clear then he will die of cancer. Show over.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Jesse is going to leave town.
    No way in hell it's going to be that easy for Jesse.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    mattB said:
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Jesse is going to leave town.
    No way in hell it's going to be that easy for Jesse.
    That's true I haven't figured out what's going to happen to him yet.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    All right, somebody please post a thorough summary of tonight's episode. No power related. First episode I've missed since season two. Please hook me up with the cliffnotes.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    What if Hanks DEA Boss is workin with Gus? Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary for Gus.
    Either way, the shit with the Cartel is getting so good.

Grandfather said:
    What if Hanks DEA Boss is workin with Gus? Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary for Gus.

So what happened last night? Can somebody give me the rundown?

blue, you can watch it here http://www.megavideo.com/?v=YC5G1DDL

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    bluesnag said:
    Grandfather said:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/problem-dog,60812/

Grandfather said:

• my prediction is that gus gets killed right before hank has enough evidence to pin him down. the cartel takes over and walt and jesse are out of the game....until the cartel finds out they were the cooks. then the next/final season begins...

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Walt is going to take the place of Gus. He must make the complete transformation from protagonist to antagonist.

Didn't see last nights episode, please no spoilers until tomorrow.

• legit LOL at Jesse's Steve Aoki t-shirt.

chrisflyer said:
    legit LOL at Jesse's Steve Aoki t-shirt.

Aoki is like Paul's good friend IRL.

• Grandfather said:

I thought about this too when he pointed to the pic it was dude and Gus, also his body language was a bit supect after that shot cut back.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    VEGGIE PLATTER

• Brian said:
    VEGGIE PLATTER

Leave the wrapper on.

from the Pollos Hermanos commercial at the start of the Kafkaesque episode in season 3.

HANK!!!

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    i don't get how the amount of money was never discussed between skylar and walt. she is so detail oriented, yet overlooks the amount of money coming in? loved how they really broke down the "bad ass walking away from an exploding car" shot...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    cookbook said:
    i don't get how the amount of money was never discussed between skylar and walt. she is so detail oriented, yet overlooks the amount of money coming in? loved how they really broke down the "bad ass walking away from an exploding car" shot...

I liked the exploding car thing as well. They have the hero walking with car in frame shot, but choose to let Walter sit down and watch before the car blows up.

As far as the money, I'm not surprised that Skyler didn't know the scale of Walter's income, Walter does not volunteer much information to her. In one of the first episodes, she was wasn't sure if the amount of money they were giving to Hank was too much. It's been interesting watching Skyler slowly realize how deep Walter's involvement goes, and by extension how much criminality she has taken on.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Blowing up the car and then calling a cab to the location was really sloppy.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    billbradley said:

hahaha! just one drip in the sloppy joe that is walter white's life

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    billbradley said:

Better Call Saul!

dollar_bin said:
    billbradley said:

Better Call Saul!

"Oh I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?"

I kind of hate Walt right now because he keeps making insensitive remarks to Jesse that makes him sound like he thinks Jesse's worthless, like questioning why Gus would say he sees something in Jesse like it's an obvious trap when is clear that he is desperate for someone to believe in him. Walt has always been some sort of surrogate dad to Jesse and now that Mike and Gus have taken over that role with these possibly fake nurturing gestures, it seems like Jesse is lost again. Jesse offers to kill Gus first chance he gets and Walt doesn't even seem appreciative.

That said, I did love the look on Walt's face when Jesse took out a cigarette and used it to hide the ricin. It was a revealing expression, like maybe this kid is a lot smarter than I gave him credit for.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Dean Norris and Aaron Paul owned that shit this week.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Also; the tapes in Saul's safe.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Hank and Walt have inverse likability directions. At the beginning of the series, I would never have seen myself rooting for the DEA agent and hating the nerd.