DocMcCoy said:
    Also; the tapes in Saul's safe.

:face_melt:

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

The serial number is a nod to Lost

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    dollar_bin said:
    cookbook said:
    i don't get how the amount of money was never discussed between skylar and walt. she is so detail oriented, yet overlooks the amount of money coming in? loved how they really broke down the "bad ass walking away from an exploding car" shot...

I liked the exploding car thing as well. They have the hero walking with car in frame shot, but choose to let Walter sit down and watch before the car blows up.
    Yeah, I was expecting the clich??d car blowing up in the background while the character walks away without flinching an inch (and possibly casually lighting a cigarette at the same time). Glad they changed it up.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    What if Hanks DEA Boss is workin with Gus? Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary for Gus.
    Interesting...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    mattB said:
    Grandfather said:
    What if Hanks DEA Boss is workin with Gus? Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary for Gus.
    Interesting...

I thought this too???he looked awfully nervous as Hank was zeroing in on Gus. I guarantee that Gus has somebody in the DEA, either Gomie or Merkert would be good candidates.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    One thing I'm suprised about is that the cops seem to know nothing about the 2 chicken trucks that have been shot up and drivers killed. You'd think they would have heard about that by now.

I like Sauls line about Kevin Costner. Funny stuff.

• jjfad027 said:
    One thing I'm suprised about is that the cops seem to know nothing about the 2 chicken trucks that have been shot up and drivers killed. You'd think they would have heard about that by now

those happened in the dessert with no witnesses. i presumed gus' men had already sussed out the situation and destroyed the incriminating evidence upon discovering it. the shoot-ups were i think intended as direct messages/threats to gus rather than an attempt to put gus on the police's radar. remember, the cartel hates gus but they would rather shit their pants than help the police.

meanwhile, walt can't even blow up his own damn car properly without having to get his lawyer to bribe a prosecutor and the cops. can you even call him the hero of the show any more or has the mantle been passed to hank?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Walt seems to be getting more and more idiotic to me.

• i'm not sure about idiotic but since his "genius" has recently been confirmed he has been extra reckless.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

• The whole point is that Walt is going to get worse. He will be the most hated person in the show I think.
    I do hope that Hank remains the one semi-decent person other than walt jr.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    did i completely miss a scene with skylar going wtf to walt about that whole dinner conversation or did they not have one?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Brian said:
    did i completely miss a scene with skylar going wtf to walt about that whole dinner conversation or did they not have one?

They did--it was in the episode before last. It's when she woke him up and it was afternoon and he was hungover.

• Brian said:

Do you mean about him saying Gale is not Heisenberg? I think she really doesn't know what's going on. That was a clue for her, but she has no idea how deep he's in. She finds out more and more, but I don't think she asked about it because she doesn't know who Gale is and all of Walt's involvement.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Brian said:

Do you mean about him saying Gale is not Heisenberg? I think she really doesn't know what's going on. That was a clue for her, but she has no idea how deep he's in. She finds out more and more, but I don't think she asked about it because she doesn't know who Gale is and all of Walt's involvement.

It can't be too long before she puts two and two together. I mean, she is aware of the existence of Heisenberg now, and the fact that Walt is making $7.5mil/yr cooking.

• I wanna know how shell deal with the millions in fifties.

• Oh and this show is a ringing endorsement of child neglect. This is the most inaccurate depiction of life with a newborn.

• Controller_7 said:
    Oh and this show is a ringing endorsement of child neglect. This is the most inaccurate depiction of life with a newborn.

Suspension of disbelief

• Controller_7 said:
    Oh and this show is a ringing endorsement of child neglect. This is the most inaccurate depiction of life with a newborn.

^^ new dad revealed ^^

Grandfather said:
    Controller_7 said:

^^ new dad revealed ^^

Ha ha! WORD! Very unrealistic.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    The infant carrier is the new parents answer to everything.

• Controller_7 said:

My wife says the same thing every week! Parental minds think alike.

My post-Irene cable got reconnected just in time on Sunday afternoon.

I loved the Gus flashback at the end. Notes of Scarface. Gus was definitely the star of this episode. His interview with the DEA was such a great scene. I love how Hank is right on top of him though.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    So was the dude who got killed Gus' man? Like his partner partner? Could help explain his steely personality.

djanna said:
    So was the dude who got killed Gus' man? Like his partner partner? Could help explain his steely personality.

Yep. Also the guy that the scholarship was named after that Gus talked about earlier (named for a man who died too young).

• Incredible episode, for all of those without cable/dish like me, I get the episodes the day after via amazon video on demand. Got the whole season in advance at $1.80 per episode.

jaysus said:
    Incredible episode, for all of those without cable/dish like me, I get the episodes the day after via amazon video on demand. Got the whole season in advance at $1.80 per episode.

Oh man, good tip. I still need to watch last week's episode. Thanks!

bluesnag said:
    jaysus said:
    Incredible episode, for all of those without cable/dish like me, I get the episodes the day after via amazon video on demand. Got the whole season in advance at $1.80 per episode.

Oh man, good tip. I still need to watch last week's episode. Thanks!

Actually I just saw that last week's episode is up on AMC's Breaking Bad page for free right now.

So, for those of you, like me, who missed last week due to Irene, get it for free!

• djanna said:

Sadly, he was also the only character with a decent accent.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:

Sadly, he was also the only character with a decent accent.

I was going to comment on Gus's accent as the character's only weakness
    it seems super unauthentic (but good for someone prepraring for the role)
    ''toma asiento'' (super off on the rhythm & accentuation)

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Great episode. It's pretty clear at this point that either the grey-haired DEA boss man or the latino DEA ex-partner are corrupt & involved with Gus & co. I would say it's Hank's ex partner.