Rap You're Liking

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Just to clarify, it's Baths' video. Rapper dude jacked it along with the instrumental.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Kyleon and bun b

blu and edan

• D Thraxx is my favorite emcee right now.

• I know it was poasted earlier, but this new Danny Brown is really good. I don't know if I've heard an album (tape?) that ends stronger in a long, long time.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I know it was poasted earlier, but this new Danny Brown is really good. I don't know if I've heard an album (tape?) that ends stronger in a long, long time.

Dude's voice gets annoying FAST. (And I like Funkdoobiest!) Makes it hard to listen to the whole thing straight through once much less over and over.

Wow, Paycheck...IMO that Danny Brown ish is just not good at all.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i thought the danny brown stuff was mildly amusing.

• horses for courses I guess. I've never been a fan of Funk Doobiest fwiw

Actually, the 3rd one is pretty cool.

• For a couple months I've been doing a new raps podcast with SergDun from Beer and Rap/So Many Shrimp and Soft Money from the Space Age Hustle blog:

http://stayhatin.com/

Some of the stuff we play overlaps with this thread but we also tend to play a lot of new Bay Area raps.

• Mongo_Slade said:
    SergDun from Beer and Rap/So Many Shrimp and Soft Money from the Space Age Hustle

Dope podcast! But, you gotta admit, that's a mouthful ^^^^^^^^^

• TheKindCromang said:
    Mongo_Slade said:
    SergDun from Beer and Rap/So Many Shrimp and Soft Money from the Space Age Hustle

Dope podcast! But, you gotta admit, that's a mouthful ^^^^^^^^^

Thanks! Yeah, that is unwieldy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

i likes

• HarveyCanal said:

haha, yeah. Kirby played this a few months back after a whale of an evening. I thought I had imagined it.

• That Danny Brown has really grown on me. I liked his first joint a lot, and "Monopoly" off the new album is on repeat.

I love that he cites Turf Talk as a big influence.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    New Smoke DZA album is an unexpected pleasure. Who's who of guests as well.

Also, new UPTOWNXO is decent.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• This is just a snippet, but this song is one of only like 3-4 that have ever made my eyes well up. Too few rappers are willing to rap about or even discuss homosexuality. So proud of my dude for making this.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I know it was poasted earlier, but this new Danny Brown is really good. I don't know if I've heard an album (tape?) that ends stronger in a long, long time.

Just bumping up the Danny Brown appreciation one more time as had this album on repeat a lot the last few weeks and the 7 track run from DNA to the end of the album is incredibly good and gets better with each listen. Also warming more to some of the more out there stuff in the early part of the album, reread that interview Noz did with him and his references to his love of Dizzee Rascal helped put what he's doing in more context. People really should not be sleeping on this.

Anyway, to keep it current......

Junior said:

Anyway, to keep it current......

Yes!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

that sketch song was great stax, but the m.o.p. one was some rehashed 95 primo stuff. see.....a positive and a negative!