June Finds

Comments

• Some dope Thrift Store finds

That Lucha Reyes record was one of three that I picked up.
    The one in the photo has the best cover tho

• crabmongerfunk said:
    David Hardiman -" Prime Thought"

Bishop Norman WIlliams - "One Mind Experience"

Laboratorium -" Flamenco na miekka"

The Arsenal Jazz-Rock Group - "At Eventide"

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Last day in Colombia finds. It's 4 am

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    fleamarkets has been poppin lately, heres one from this weekend that sorta caught me by surprise..

showed up on youtube too

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    These are all from the tail end of last month and the first two weeks of June.

All from a combination of charities, two record fairs, trade credit from proper shops, pound bins and a few Ebay items as well!

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

two bucks at the local record store. i was literally in the store for about 30 seconds, ran into this halfway through the new arrivals bin, heart skipped a beat, went straight to the counter and flew outta there. shortest and most satisfying trip to the record store in a while. pretty damn clean OG copy too.

i dont get how stores still dont check shit like this? not that im complaining...this has been a want for 12+ years and $2 in the US is insane.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow!
    drumming breaks karma!
    congrats...
    bin finds with such juicy covers (compared to gloria ann taylor for example) always leave me scratching my head
    kudos

pcmr said:
    wow!
    drumming breaks karma!
    congrats...
    bin finds with such juicy covers (compared to gloria ann taylor for example) always leave me scratching my head
    kudos

exactly. even if i didnt know shit about records that thing would still stand out.

next thing you know i'll be finding a 50 cent Niagra or something. so many classics with great covers that proably get snatched up by nobodys on a regular basis on cover strength alone.

upskiboo said:
    spivy said:
    upskiboo said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Reynaldo said:

WHAT, WHAT!

This is about the only latin record I've ever heard that I'd drop some money on. An insane funky banger.

is there anywhere to go, to listen to this online ? looks dope!

oh f**ck.. this is great, acid moog cumbia, thanks!!!!!

what the hell. this thing is absolutely insane. how have i not heard this yet???

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    spivy said:
    upskiboo said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Reynaldo said:

WHAT, WHAT!

This is about the only latin record I've ever heard that I'd drop some money on. An insane funky banger.

is there anywhere to go, to listen to this online ? looks dope!

oh f**ck.. this is great, acid moog cumbia, thanks!!!!!

what the hell. this thing is absolutely insane. how have i not heard this yet???

Hopefully, if Scarface ever gets remade, this will be in it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    ako said:

two bucks at the local record store. i was literally in the store for about 30 seconds, ran into this halfway through the new arrivals bin, heart skipped a beat, went straight to the counter and flew outta there. shortest and most satisfying trip to the record store in a while. pretty damn clean OG copy too.

i dont get how stores still dont check shit like this? not that im complaining...this has been a want for 12+ years and $2 in the US is insane.

Where was this (city)? That's crazy, although perhaps to someone not paying attention, it looks like a terrible 80s/90s reggae or hip hop breakz compilation.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts

An upgrade. Have an og second pressing w white pic sleeve for trade if anyone wants.

The_Non said:
    ako said:

Where was this (city)? That's crazy, although perhaps to someone not paying attention, it looks like a terrible 80s/90s reggae or hip hop breakz compilation.

ames, ia...small college town with one record store that just opened recently. the place is notoriously cheap, and almost always has something interesting at it. i have no idea how this ended up here. magic.

the people working the counter are generally clueless though, so it kinda makes sense. i bought a bunch of 45s once and the girl was trying to charge me $3 each because they all had "color sleeves"...luckily there was somebody else working that recognized that a 45 sleeve with color on it is not the same as a "picture sleeve" which is what she was thinking of. morons...morons in my favor usually though.

still boggles my mind that this was TWO dollars at a RECORD STORE. they have a computer that somebody is almost always on when im in there, the records generally seem to have some rhyme or reason to their pricing (even if they are always LOWWW) its like, all the info you need is right there to look it up. "the CHAMP" by the MOHAWKS. 4 seconds on popsike and youd realize you MIGHT have something of value on your hands.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    ^^^ames, haha nice!
    if you know any spots in cedar rapids, please to share, i'll be there this summer.

BallzDeep said:
    ^^^ames, haha nice!
    if you know any spots in cedar rapids, please to share, i'll be there this summer.

nah, the only places i'd go in cedar rapids were thrifts, the salvation army downtown was always pretty solid. iowa city has some spots. kirk over at record collector knows his shit. somebody found a stark reality in iowa city a few years ago and we were pissed.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    ako said:
    somebody found a stark reality in iowa city a few years ago and we were pissed.

say what? where?
    kirk is one cool mf. i miss that guy.
    maybe i'll check out some thrifts in CR when i go. thanks.

BallzDeep said:
    ako said:
    somebody found a stark reality in iowa city a few years ago and we were pissed.

say what? where?
    kirk is one cool mf. i miss that guy.
    maybe i'll check out some thrifts in CR when i go. thanks.

so you know IC? there was this kinda tall dude that lived with his mom and had glasses and was ALWAYS at the goodwill on highway 1 when i lived there. he'd have record sales on his mom's porch sometimes. anyway, that was the dude that came up on the stark reality, but i have no idea where he found it. i kinda had a feeling that would happen some day. we were bummed.

Some more whales crossed off the list.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    fckvwls said:

nice cover!

• pcmr said:
    fckvwls said:

nice cover!

the ep is sick, here's the highlight of it:

took me like a year and a half to finally track this one down.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    today i went on my first house call since moving. i walked in and this older woman was sitting down slowly pulling 45s out of a box. we spoke for a half hour. she told me how her husband died as they were dancing to an Ann Peebles record. then a few years later she fell out of her chair and broke her legs. both of them. she had metal rods holding them up. i didn't find any records. against my request she went into her garage and tried to pull some more 45s out of a box and i hear her yell. she fell and i had to go help her up. after i heard he yell for me i dropped the records so quick it was insane. i bought a William Bell LP off her as it was the only thing semi worth grabbing. it was super hot and she had no AC or fan. i left and told her i would be right back. i drove down the street and found a junk shop (no records) and bought her one of those loud industrial looking fans. i brought it back to her and she almost cried. then she said "oh before i forget i found another record" and hands me this. she said "this is for the fan"

not my picture

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    behemoth said:
    today i went on my first house call since moving. i walked in and this older woman was sitting down slowly pulling 45s out of a box. we spoke for a half hour. she told me how her husband died as they were dancing to an Ann Peebles record. then a few years later she fell out of her chair and broke her legs. both of them. she had metal rods holding them up. i didn't find any records. against my request she went into her garage and tried to pull some more 45s out of a box and i hear her yell. she fell and i had to go help her up. after i heard he yell for me i dropped the records so quick it was insane. i bought a William Bell LP off her as it was the only thing semi worth grabbing. it was super hot and she had no AC or fan. i left and told her i would be right back. i drove down the street and found a junk shop (no records) and bought her one of those loud industrial looking fans. i brought it back to her and she almost cried. then she said "oh before i forget i found another record" and hands me this. she said "this is for the fan"

not my picture

very cool move..
    very nice of you bro.