June Finds

Comments

• excellent pull on that flood with obi...

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    djmario said:

jesus

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    djmario said:

jesus

Perhaps a fan of youtube record videos?

• The_Non said:
    Woimsah said:
    djmario said:

jesus

Perhaps a fan of youtube record videos?
    Yes :shh:

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    BallzDeep said:
    Guzzo said:
    Just spent the afternoon in Little Rock, AR and came away with these

on the cheap??

not super cheap, but below market value.

When in Arkansas I look like a baller

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    latest pile gathered up...

^sealed Blowfly

^ 'winter '75' is mostly half-competent college jazz but i heard a loopable track maybe

^ Devaughn is a white label promo, didnt know there were Roxbury ones.
    Disco Bill AKA Syl Johnson

^ lower right is the avant-punk Orang Utan, which turns out to be a decent find.

^ it took me 15 years to find a 1st press clean VU s/t (well.. its a clean record anyway).
    and has anyone ever seen a chariots of the gods OST before? not me.

^ i guess i just dig little records with pictures on the sleeves.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    karlophone slaying as always
    but i was happy to find this in the middle of nowhere clean

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts

Finally copped a clean copy of Exp Shit, been playing a dusted copy for years.

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Don't normally do this but found a little something that has eluded me for awhile. Condition is VG++/VG+. Possibly for sale-PM me.
    Attached files

• Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
    Just some of the gems from about 2 weeks ago, everything was a $1, scored my 3rd copy of dennis coffey's scorpio, a bunch of james, the Betty Wright on Alston and the Jimmy McGriff on GrooveMerchant, etc..it was a good day [/ice cube]

• leonleon 883 Posts
    LoopDreams said:

Finally copped a clean copy of Exp Shit, been playing a dusted copy for years.

Nice finds! Is the Wainwright a field find? Been searching that one for ages...

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Nice finds! Is the Wainwright a field find? Been searching that one for ages...

No, though the Paulo Moura is! The Wainwright I copped from a dude in France for 150$, which I was more than willing to pay, it being a cheap price for a mint copy of a record I've been chasing for a dogs age. It arrived the day before Canada Post got locked out....

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    djmario said:

whoa!

karlophone said:
    latest pile gathered up...

^ it took me 15 years to find a 1st press clean VU s/t (well.. its a clean record anyway).
    and has anyone ever seen a chariots of the gods OST before? not me.

i was just going to ask you about that!

some cheap finds and a trade with a strutter

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    the_dL said:

5 of them look very, very familiar ;)

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    ha, i forgot to ask where Ocky got them from, I love the version of cisco kid!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I think I originally got that one from :the_mack:

Love me some bastardized English lyrics

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I have that Chariots of the Gods lp, think I got it from Rerog a couple of years back. I sometimes play one of its tracks (Stars and Rockets) at the beginning of parties I deejay.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i have one and just saw another one (french title) in a record store
    is anybody down for it?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    pretty happy with the King NOS 45s. :headbang: My James Brown 45 collection is getting pretty silly at this point. :lol:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I like that Golden Echoes record.

b/w

Just read that Odell Brown passed away last month

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    yeah, it's a good 45. i read that Odell passed, sad news, he has some good records. The version of "The Weight" on the other side of this one isn't too shabby.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I found this sealed and have the enclosed poster on my wall

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I got laid off from my job yesterday so I celebrated by cleaning the apartment for the gf and dropping by Records LA to complete a trade.

Missed Horace Andy the other night at The Echo 'cos I was short on cash... so I picked up his 12" and a few dub albums:

More bollywood craziness courtesy Unconventional Science:

Hey... your rock is in my soul... is in my bollywood:

Clockwise from top left: Jimmy McCracklin, James Anderson, Parliament, Edd Henry, Lee Dorsey, a bootleg from Danny Holloway, and Georgie Fame.

Clockwise from top: Rudy Ray Moore, To??o Quirazco, Fugi, Syl Johnson, a weird bootleg of "Djebel-Aissa", and Fergurson Davis and Jones.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    excellent pull on that flood with obi...

got a minty spare is someone needs a copy

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts

• quidtumquidtum 29 Posts

I recommend the Micalizzi's score reissue which contains also two bonus tracks. I had serious doubts before but after listening I'm really happy: I was also informed Cometa edizioni used the original master tapes.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    quidtum said:

I recommend the Micalizzi's score reissue which contains also two bonus tracks. I had serious doubts before but after listening I'm really happy: I was also informed Cometa edizioni used the original master tapes.

nice finds!

i picked up a CAN library record, the one by Yan Tregger and 2 copies of that Kid Loco vs godchild for $3 total not long ago!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Riding through B-more my daughter spotted a yard sale with a few boxes of records. We stopped and the lady that was having it said she had her 2 ex-husbands record collections in her basement. Well to make a long story short I scored some major heat: Meters s/t LP in top condition, some dope soundtracks as well as these 2 long time wants (below). She gave me everything for $3 a piece. Again, RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Breez said:
    Riding through B-more my daughter spotted a yard sale with a few boxes of records. We stopped and the lady that was having it said she had her 2 ex-husbands record collections in her basement. Well to make a long story short I scored some major heat: Meters s/t LP in top condition, some dope soundtracks as well as these 2 long time wants (below). She gave me everything for $3 a piece. Again, RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.
    :face_melt: :face_melt:

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Breez said:

damn dog, i hope you bought your daughter an ice cream cone or a pony or something